Does the 8330 Curve have predictive text? If so, how do I set it up?
    09-30-09 07:42 AM
    No its a FULL KEYBOARD!

but there is auto text which in ie. you would type omg and it would come out oh my god.
    09-30-09 07:44 AM
    As Thinkamp said, there is no predictive text. Personally, I miss that from a 3rd party app I had on my Treo. Even though it is a full keyboard it would be nice to type key and have a popup of words like keyboard, keystroke, keystone, etc. to choose from. Yes, you can use the autotext feature but you need to set that up on your own (there are some predefined ones though) so it is not really "predictive".
    09-30-09 08:01 AM
    Maybe there is an app for it?! I doubt it since its a full keyboard so there really is no need for it.
    09-30-09 08:11 AM
    There is now predictive text available if you install 5.0 on the 8330. I'm using it now. Its a nice feature.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-30-09 08:20 AM
    No its a FULL KEYBOARD!

but there is auto text which in ie. you would type omg and it would come out oh my god.
    Personally I have omg set to "oh your god" but that's just me.
    09-30-09 09:10 AM
    The geeks at RIM created the SureType keyboard driver with predictive text, an amazing piece of technology, despite the occasional off the wall word choices.

I am sure they could adapt it to the full keyboard models with minimum reworking of the code.

However, there Must be an off option. SureType drives some Pearl users crazy. Usually, an interesting discussion ensues.
    09-30-09 10:57 AM
    i miss t9
    09-30-09 01:53 PM
    My wife has a Pearl flip, and I can't STAND SureType.... She doens't mind it, but she's starting to get jealous of my QWERTY.

I actually didn't min T9 as much as SureType, but I still preferred MultiTap...
    09-30-09 02:11 PM
    I tried the predictive text on the new 5.0 on the curve and just thought it was annoying. there's really no need for it on a full keyboard
    09-30-09 04:58 PM
    Smnc. I hated SureType at first because I didn't understand it. I was constantly looking at the choices on the screen and picking them one by one. I learned to ignore them for the most part and just typed. To my surprise it types what I want most of the time. There are a few words that you sometimes have to manually select but not many. Suretype is the reason I would only have a pearl or storm.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-30-09 05:10 PM
    Smnc. I hated SureType at first because I didn't understand it. I was constantly looking at the choices on the screen and picking them one by one. I learned to ignore them for the most part and just typed. To my surprise it types what I want most of the time. There are a few words that you sometimes have to manually select but not many. Suretype is the reason I would only have a pearl or storm.
    Yeah, I understand that, I had a similar problem when I first started with T9 on my SE W580i.
    My problem is that SureType is not great at predicting what I'm typing, and I end up having to make a fair number of corrections. Plus my brain is still thinking T9 not QWERTY due to the not full keyboard, so I found it really awkward to find the right keys too.
    It was really funny because I had to train my wife to use it correctly (she'd never used T9 or any other predictive text), but I was cursing at it the whole time, lol...

I think it'd be a lot better if it remembered the corrections I made to its choices, and learned to better predict the words I want.
    09-30-09 06:02 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD