My work has this ******** policy where nobody is allowed to hook their Blackberry up to the Microsoft Exchange Server to fetch their work emails unless they have permission from a Level 3 manager.

I'm never going to get that approval because I'm not important enough but it's irritating me to go on holidays for a week and come back to 744 unread emails.

Can someone, anyone, help me "hack it" to allow me to fetch my work emails somehow on my blackberry via redirection or something? there MUST be a way.
    10-08-11 04:10 AM
    You might have better luck trying to sleep with a level 3 manager to get approval. Jk, that's going to be a hard task to get done. Sorry I can't think of a way.
    10-08-11 04:16 AM
    you can still check your emails via OWA since you said you are using Ms Exchange email server.
    10-08-11 05:07 AM
    you can still check your emails via OWA since you said you are using Ms Exchange email server.
    How do I access the OWA?
    10-08-11 05:26 AM
    Do you really want to get fired? They will know.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-08-11 06:12 AM
    I've never used MS exchange but, wouldn't it be as simple as forwarding your work emails to a personal account you already get on your device, or setup a new free gmail account to forward to?
    10-08-11 06:48 AM
    I've never used MS exchange but, wouldn't it be as simple as forwarding your work emails to a personal account you already get on your device, or setup a new free gmail account to forward to?
    Seriously, if his company is that strict about emails doing this will get him fired. I doubt it is possible in the first place though.

10-08-11 07:07 AM
    Hacking into a BES environment will be exceedingly difficult.
    10-08-11 08:00 AM
    The forwarding idea sounds good, and it isn't exactly breaking the rules. Outlook has that feature.

10-08-11 08:12 AM
    How does your work manage its BB fleet?
    10-08-11 09:03 AM
    Hacking into a BES environment will be exceedingly difficult.
    But would be exceedingly hilarious when the OP comes back and says they have been fired. I say go for it OP. I need some entertainment.
    10-08-11 10:57 AM
    They don't use BES and don't have a Blackberry fleet.
    10-08-11 09:41 PM
    Despite how ******** it may seem, I would work within their policies
    10-08-11 09:56 PM
    They don't use BES and don't have a Blackberry fleet.
    You could bypass by going OWA, but.....I would not suggest you do. I'm surprised that they are trying to enforce policies about what you can and can't do with your phone but they're not using BES.
    10-09-11 05:39 AM
    You could bypass by going OWA, but.....I would not suggest you do. I'm surprised that they are trying to enforce policies about what you can and can't do with your phone but they're not using BES.
    I don't think they're enforcing what he can do or can't do with his phone, they're enforcing their email policy, I assume they want the email to stay inhouse.

10-09-11 07:02 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD