So i will be leaving for Los Angeles in about a month, and BELL does not offer any half decent roaming packages, so i need a good pre-paid option for my BlackBerry Bold that allows me unlimited everything. The T-Mobile $50 monthly 4G looks great and i can order off of Ebay before i leave. What needs to be done once the SIM card arrives?

The T-Mobile operator said id need to pay a $3 or $20 activation fee, but did not really elaborate on the difference.

Any further information and things to watch out for would be greatly appreciated.

T-Mobile plan link: Monthly4G Prepaid Plans | Prepaid Data Plans | T-Mobile
    12-29-11 10:52 AM
    watch out for your activtion, they dont process canadian credit cards.

I had this issue initially.
    and TMO will only give you EDGE and not 3g/4g with your Bell 9900.
    12-29-11 10:57 AM
    watch out for your activtion, they dont process canadian credit cards.

I had this issue initially.
    and TMO will only give you EDGE and not 3g/4g with your Bell 9900.
    Yes, i heard something like this, therefore i would have to use a pre-paid credit card. Also i heard something of a $10 add-on? Is it necessary, as i do not want family, co-workers and friends back in Canada incurring any extra charges.
    12-29-11 11:04 AM
    So i will be leaving for Los Angeles in about a month, and BELL does not offer any half decent roaming packages, so i need a good pre-paid option for my BlackBerry Bold that allows me unlimited everything. The T-Mobile $50 monthly 4G looks great and i can order off of Ebay before i leave. What needs to be done once the SIM card arrives?

The T-Mobile operator said id need to pay a $3 or $20 activation fee, but did not really elaborate on the difference.

Any further information and things to watch out for would be greatly appreciated.

T-Mobile plan link: Monthly4G Prepaid Plans | Prepaid Data Plans | T-Mobile
    Simple Mobile

SIMPLE Mobile | Unlimited BlackBerry Plans
    12-29-11 11:18 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD