I'm with Rogers in Toronto. I called to find out about PPT devices and was confronted with an audible "huh".

Anyone have any info on where to find these phones? Or have any suggestions or advice on them?

Much appreciated

Posted via CB10
    05-18-13 02:26 PM
    Can you explain what PPT is? Are you perhaps referring to Push to Talk (PTT)? (moved out of BES10 forum)
    05-18-13 05:49 PM
    I'm with Rogers in Toronto. I called to find out about PPT devices and was confronted with an audible "huh".

Anyone have any info on where to find these phones? Or have any suggestions or advice on them?

Much appreciated

Posted via CB10
    You need to go to Telus and ask them if they still use the MIC network. The bought clearnet years ago who offered this technology since they then Telus was the prime carrier, Bell did offer it as a family for a year at most as they found no one was interested in it. Rogers doesn't have it.
    05-18-13 05:54 PM
    Most US carriers use an application on the phone to do this. It is a data call now but they do have it.

Posted via CB10
    05-18-13 06:04 PM
    Can you explain what PPT is? Are you perhaps referring to Push to Talk (PTT)? (moved out of BES10 forum)
    Yes I meant PTT. I couldn't edit title

Posted via CB10
    05-18-13 06:07 PM
    You need to go to Telus and ask them if they still use the MIC network. The bought clearnet years ago who offered this technology since they then Telus was the prime carrier, Bell did offer it as a family for a year at most as they found no one was interested in it. Rogers doesn't have it.
    The company I used to work for had PPT Blackberries and they were with Rogers.
    Idk if they bought them at another location and Rogers just supports it. Or if Rogers provided them.
    Ik about MIC but back then it was insanely priced and not worth it.

Posted via CB10
    05-18-13 06:09 PM