So I purchased a PPSE 13 months ago through shop BlackBerry and everything has been perfect. On Sunday while using the device it went black and hasn't come back on. It was about 70 percent when it went down and I've tried to charge it using three different chargers each for several hours and I can't even get a red indication light, it's completely black. The device is pristine, it's always been in a case and has never even been dropped or scratched. Here's the most excruciating part. I called BlackBerry today and because the warranty expired on November 1st they can't do anything unless I pay a $35 technical fee to speak to the technical dept. Then pay for the repairs whatever those might be. They said repairs could be $270.00. Wth? I'm so disappointed! I have been a loyal BlackBerry user since 2011. I'm back using my AT&T PP, but it's nowhere near the refined experience of an SE. I guess it's time to move on to another brand. Nothing comes close to BB10 though.

Posted via CB10
    12-06-17 10:54 AM
    sounds like it is dead. Pretty crappy they would not help ya out
    12-06-17 11:35 AM
    So I purchased a PPSE 13 months ago through shop BlackBerry and everything has been perfect. On Sunday while using the device it went black and hasn't come back on. It was about 70 percent when it went down and I've tried to charge it using three different chargers each for several hours and I can't even get a red indication light, it's completely black. The device is pristine, it's always been in a case and has never even been dropped or scratched. Here's the most excruciating part. I called BlackBerry today and because the warranty expired on November 1st they can't do anything unless I pay a $35 technical fee to speak to the technical dept. Then pay for the repairs whatever those might be. They said repairs could be $270.00. Wth? I'm so disappointed! I have been a loyal BlackBerry user since 2011. I'm back using my AT&T PP, but it's nowhere near the refined experience of an SE. I guess it's time to move on to another brand. Nothing comes close to BB10 though.

Posted via CB10
    Have you tried the hard re-boot? Hold the power key down for 12 seconds or so until you see the red led flash.
    12-06-17 11:39 AM
    Yes. Been doing that for two days. I've had Blackberrys since 2011. I've had to do all that to my old ones, but I've never seen one go black for good.

Posted via CB10
    12-06-17 11:43 AM
    Yes. Been doing that for two days. I've had Blackberrys since 2011. I've had to do all that to my old ones, but I've never seen one go black for good.

Posted via CB10
    Just thought I would check on an obvious attempt to fix as you have only a few posts. Thought you might be a newbie, lol. I take it also that you have tried to attach it to a PC and nothing shows up in File Explorer. No drivers and therefore no autoloader is possible either. If after all that is a no go, then yep, it's time to move on.
    12-06-17 11:48 AM
    Yup, tried to connect to PC too. Nothing, like it's connected to a brick. Sad, I really loved the SE.

Posted via CB10
    12-06-17 11:53 AM
    Try pressing and holding power button for 30 seconds... then press it again.
    12-06-17 12:45 PM
    If you truly have given up on it, I'd like to take a stab at reviving it. It would be a fun project for me in the evening.
    12-06-17 05:52 PM
    I have a new, never unboxed, but opened, PPSE. I have a new tempered glass screen protector and new flip cover. Send me an offer in private email if you are interested in acquiring.
    12-06-17 07:23 PM
    The same thing happened to me with my SE. Thinking about taking it to a ubreakifix place.

https://www.ubreakifix.com/blackberr...ce?appointment

Posted via CB10
    12-06-17 11:44 PM
    Yeah the PP SE is beautiful andthe BB10 os is amazing. So I bought 3 more PP SEs as spares. My current one still works perfectly since I bought it two and a half years ago. Sorry for your bad luck.

Posted via CB10
    12-07-17 06:26 AM
    Get it fixed!

Sent from one of my SE Passports using BB10 superior software.
    12-14-17 01:53 PM
    The same thing happened to me with my SE. Thinking about taking it to a ubreakifix place.

https://www.ubreakifix.com/blackberr...ce?appointment

Posted via CB10
    [Update]: on the above suggestion I clicked the link and found a local Ubreakifix store and took my Passport in to see what if anything they might be able to tell me. They had it a couple of days and I got a call today letting me know that it was a simple battery terminal connection that took a few turns of a screw driver to fix. The tech said it was such a simple
    , quick fix he didn't even feel it necessary to charge me, so it's back and as good as new. Ubreakifix now moves way up the list of companies I will recommend!

Posted via CB10
    12-16-17 11:19 PM
    Good I knew it.

Sent from one of my SE Passports using BB10 superior software.
    12-17-17 07:53 AM
    [Update]: on the above suggestion I clicked the link and found a local Ubreakifix store and took my Passport in to see what if anything they might be able to tell me. They had it a couple of days and I got a call today letting me know that it was a simple battery terminal connection that took a few turns of a screw driver to fix. The tech said it was such a simple
    , quick fix he didn't even feel it necessary to charge me, so it's back and as good as new. Ubreakifix now moves way up the list of companies I will recommend!

Posted via CB10

Thank you for the update. I will do the same and report back when everything is said and done.

Posted via CB10
    12-17-17 06:51 PM

Posted via CB10
    WOW!! Good to know. Thanks for sharing everyone.

BB9000>Q10>Z10>Z30>Z30>Classic>Dtek50>Dtek60
    12-18-17 07:38 AM