Here's a quick positive story about the power of BlackBerry travel. Today my business partner and I are traveling to Vegas on United. BlackBerry travel notified me of a gate change BEFORE the United App did on his samsung Android phone. In fact I don't think his app has still updated. Haha. It's things like this that make think BlackBerry is a serious contender that's super reliable. Bravo BlackBerry 10.

Posted via CB10
    06-22-14 05:41 AM
    Very nice! I haven't used it but it would be a very good companion for those who travel frequently.
    06-22-14 05:45 AM
    Haha. And get this! The guy sitting 2 seats down is using a BlackBerry q10! Hhaha. Can't believe it.

Posted via CB10
    06-22-14 05:47 AM
    BlackBerry Travel is one of the reasons I came back to BlackBerry. It is right now one of the best travel apps available.

The engine is, as far as I know, the same as on WorldMate, with the difference that BlackBerry Travel is able to scan multiple inboxes for itineraries.
    06-22-14 06:19 AM
    I use BlackBerry Travel a lot, but it doesn't update the return flights.. ie., it doesn't change status from monitored to on-time or delayed. does anyone else have the same problem ?

Posted via CB10
    06-22-14 06:53 AM
    I've had BlackBerry travel update me before the screen at the gate. I was alerted once the flight was cancelled before it appeared on any any screens I went up to the service counter and managed to get one of the last tickets on the very full next flight (still made it to my meeting in time). Added bonus was when I asked the girls if said flight was cancelled, they quickly said no, but then corrected themselves yes....but then asked me how I knew, when even they hadn't yet

BlackBerry travel is the ballz

CB10'n it via da Z...30
    06-22-14 07:27 AM
    I use BlackBerry Travel a lot, but it doesn't update the return flights.. ie., it doesn't change status from monitored to on-time or delayed. does anyone else have the same problem ?

Posted via CB10
    Actually I have never seen this issue.

Well, my flight this evening is still on "monitored" but I guess it will change in a couple of hours. I can post an update here if you want.
    06-22-14 07:47 AM
    I don't know, I've used it several times and while it's a decent app, it's never been this magical app that knows things before the flight attendants/staff. Sounds like it's working well for some of you though.

On the opposite end I spent the night in O'Hare airport on Wed night and BB travel notified me AFTER my flight was cancelled on the board and no hotel rooms were available because 600 flights out of Chicago were cancelled. I guess sometimes it's fine, other times it only knows the info once it's been made available to the public.
    06-22-14 07:51 AM
    Wow. I didn't know how great BlackBerry Travel was. It's definitely a business traveller's tool!

Thanks for sharing this.

Posted via CB10
    06-22-14 07:58 AM
    Just downloaded it. I'd probably only use it once or twice a year, but it'll probably start being a paid app eventually.

Just saw this, it adds a calendar reminder when you make a trip!

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.2228
    06-22-14 07:59 AM
    Business and travel. Maybe the company could expand on this

Posted via CB10
    06-22-14 08:00 AM

Posted via CB10
    I use it a lot too.

Sometimes it updates, sometimes not.

Z10
    HabsFan9860 likes this.
    06-22-14 08:19 AM
    I love BlackBerry travel. Every time i travel I use it and always more up to date with gate changes then anything else when I'm with ppl love how it keeps everything organized too

Posted via BlackBerry z10!
    06-22-14 08:23 AM
    Wish you could book using BlackBerry travel

Posted via BlackBerry z10!
    Reed Richards likes this.
    06-22-14 08:24 AM
    Well there are some of additions I'd love to see in the app too. It would be nice to manage boarding passes right within the app for example and it would be even better to access mileage and status information from my frequent flyer programs.
    06-22-14 08:50 AM
    Yes, this happens to me as well. Not only returning flights all flights. It no longer syncs. It was great in the beginning but since this issue, not much use. I've uninstalled it, got the latest update but still no good.
    06-22-14 10:09 AM
    This is one of my favorite apps. Its especially useful when you have multiple trips booked. It really keeps my travel plans organized.

Posted via CB10
    06-22-14 10:38 AM

Posted via CB10
    Yes, I saw this behavior once. I agreed to pick up a friend at the airport after a cross country flight, and I thought, "I can use BlackBerry Travel to tell me when the flight is due to arrive, in case it is late". Her flight had a two hour delay due to weather, and BlackBerry Travel never picked up on it. She emailed me prior to takeoff so I knew about it, but I was disappointed.

That's my only problem with Travel. It finds every flight I've made, and I've also seen what others here have said: Travel updates gate changes before anyone else's app, and I think even the boards in the airport. That's really impressive.

Posted via CB10
    06-22-14 10:44 AM
    Great app but when I get my trip sent to me via email a second time as a reminder from the airlines, BlackBerry Travel shows it twice which is annoying. I have gotten gate change updates faster than the agent at the desk!

Posted via CB10
    06-22-14 10:57 AM
    Use it all the time on my travels

Posted via CB10
    06-22-14 11:01 AM

Posted via CB10
    Ok as promised, today's flight has not been changed - it's still on "monitored" and I'm departing in 40mins....
    06-22-14 11:22 AM
    Ok as promised, today's flight has not been changed - it's still on "monitored" and I'm departing in 40mins....
    Thanks, I have noticed this on the last 2 return flights. Onward flights don't have an issue.

Posted via CB10
    06-22-14 12:07 PM
    I've used it many times and it's always done a great job!

Posted with my Z10 from God
    06-22-14 12:11 PM
    I agree its a great app and indispensable for the frequent flier. That being said it could use a bit more attention from BB to make it feature equal to Tripit and to address some quirks that others on this thread have identified. Maybe with the increased focus on the enterprise it can get some love!
    06-22-14 12:16 PM
    I agree its a great app and indispensable for the frequent flier. That being said it could use a bit more attention from BB to make it feature equal to Tripit and to address some quirks that others on this thread have identified. Maybe with the increased focus on the enterprise it can get some love!
    So tripit is what iOS users use most? What features do they have that BlackBerry is missing?

Posted via CB10
    06-22-14 12:21 PM
40 12