02-03-13 01:07 AM
59 123
tools
    Good to know. If they were shipped using the company that starts with an U and ends with an S (and goes by 'Brown'), who knows when they would arrive....oh, sorry, I digress.
    Or in what condition...

not really no, im working for the courier company that ship the blackberrys (ends with and X for the curious ) and i can tell you that if they ship it on monday night at 8 pm, well it will be in store at 1000 am on tuesday.... with these delays you can easily packed up some more as the demand grow.
    This however depends on the fulfillment path.. most large retailers do not have shipments direct to store.. if Best Buy runs out for example.. they place an order with their head office.. not direct to rim.. Best Buy's head office then place and order with RIM, units are sent to Best Buy's warehouse in master cartons, where they are then broken down and divided up to the stores that needed stock.. THEN shipped to the store..
    02-02-13 04:40 PM
    I've heard from a very good source that the carriers have increased the ordering amount a few times already. They initially expected demand to be lower. Rogers ran through the initial stock in the first 3 days when pre-ordering started.

Without going into details and numbers the preordering numbers are very good.
    INTz and xiaohuaxing like this.
    02-02-13 07:08 PM
    Well all I can say is I guess it'll be a while before I manage to get one :P
    02-02-13 08:27 PM
    Remember that this might be a good sign because these preorders do not include enterprises and governments since I am sure a lot of them have already made orders for the devices. I expect 3 million- 5 million BB10 units for this quarter.
    Lol the quarter is over like March 2. I can 100% guarantee you are wrong since the device will only have been launched in Canada, UK and UAE by that point.
    02-02-13 09:34 PM
    As long as i get mine tuesday i'll be happy.
    annon91221 likes this.
    02-02-13 10:54 PM
    Friday I talked to a girl at my local rogers store and she told me they received a lot of preorders, not iphone level but still very respectable. but when I asked if she can reserve on for me then she said I would have to do that online but it shouldn't be necessary their stock should be large enough to cover walk ins
    02-02-13 11:24 PM
    Good news about demand! But, if Blackberry can"t fill UK & Canada orders, how will they handle US demand. Maybe Carriers being slow to test will let more of us in US preorder and receive whenever they announce dates. I am hoping chances of getting White are getting better??

I don't hear of any major problems with BB10 phones. Yea!!
    02-03-13 12:38 AM
    Good news about demand! But, if Blackberry can"t fill UK & Canada orders, how will they handle US demand. Maybe Carriers being slow to test will let more of us in US preorder and receive whenever they announce dates. I am hoping chances of getting White are getting better??

I don't hear of any major problems with BB10 phones. Yea!!
    maybe thats why they needed an extra month?
    possible...
    02-03-13 12:53 AM
    I've said it before re: iPhone and WP, so for the sake of consistency I'm obligated to point it out here, too:

With Just-In-Time manufacturing and supply-chain, supply constraints are kind of artificial. I have a sneaky feeling that these are sometimes "gamed" to create the impression of overwhelming demand.
    Just in time manufacturing is actually based on previous sales and anticipated sales, so that the supply chain of parts are there when needed based on same. I doubt that this situation is gamed in the least. It might be a good thing that the USA is delayed, as the supply chain can be refilled in time for that market. I think estimates (based on previous sales + estimated sales) were too low. UK seems to be a good indicator of that.
    02-03-13 01:07 AM
59 123