I ordered mine for Rogers, but through a 3rd party retailer (who shall remain nameless so that they don't get in trouble).. stopped in today to inquire if it would be ready on Tuesday.. I got a little wink wink nudge nudge that yes.. it would DEFINITELY be there by Tuesday if you get my drift... (she indicated that they had already arrived but that her and her staff had been forbidden to so much as even open a box never mind admit they had arrived)

So mine is waiting for me, and i'll definitely be getting it first thing 9am Tuesday morning.
    02-01-13 07:49 PM
    These phones are likely being assembled in mexico so it's not like you can snap you finger and more phones appear regarding JIT. It would take it at least 2-3 days just to travel to destination if not more and who really knows what they're manufacturing capacity and utilization is anymore since they have completely restructured it in the last 6 months or so apparently. They probably know they have sold basically everything for their initial order and won't be able to replenish their inventory for around a week so anyone preordering at this point is going to be waiting a week which makes preordering pointless and would result in a bad taste in the customers mouth.
    oilgeo10 likes this.
    02-01-13 07:58 PM
    I don't care where they are made! LOL Just get them out to the US and in Verizon stores like yesterday! It will already be a very late Christmas gift, probably a late Valentine Day gift. What's next is the Easter bunny gonna leave me one in my basket?
    02-01-13 09:25 PM
    JIT is more of a utopian fantasy in practice. Reality is that supplier agreements result in pressure to sell and not to hold or accumulate excess inventory. The best way to determine demand is to look at the overtime hours at the plant. Your supply may be reliable but can management justify hiring additional workers? And that actually follows along the whole supply path sometimes even when there is automation involved.
    My point in bringing it up is that the supply chain has gotten fairly sophisticated, and that it's relatively easy for a manufacturer to back off production just enough to make it look like demand is high, even when it isn't.

I'm not accusing BB of doing that here, I'm just saying it's not that hard to do.
    02-01-13 10:36 PM
    My point in bringing it up is that the supply chain has gotten fairly sophisticated, and that it's relatively easy for a manufacturer to back off production just enough to make it look like demand is high, even when it isn't.

I'm not accusing BB of doing that here, I'm just saying it's not that hard to do.
    Nintendo did it for several years with the wii...
    FSeverino likes this.
    02-01-13 10:38 PM

Misek reported in the order of several hundred thousand. Seeing as an article predicted 500k by the end of feb, 10mil by the end of the year, Im hopeful Misek is accurate and based on sound information
    02-01-13 10:46 PM
  7. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    Expecting huge demand in Canada! .. as is in UK ... that's good! .. Its a super cool phone!!!
    02-01-13 10:51 PM
    Misek reported in the order of several hundred thousand. Seeing as an article predicted 500k by the end of feb, 10mil by the end of the year, Im hopeful Misek is accurate and based on sound information
    Misek is a ******. I wouldn't be surprised if he's short and is giving false hope to come back later with a huge gain. His numbers don't seem to match up with ANYTHING.
    Marc_Paradise and Acumenight like this.
    02-01-13 11:36 PM
    Misek is a ******. I wouldn't be surprised if he's short and is giving false hope to come back later with a huge gain. His numbers don't seem to match up with ANYTHING.
    You may be right. Im no trader but if he shorted when they were very low and has not yet covered then he would want the stock to fall, not increase. Also If he shorted when the stock was high then he would want the stock to fall to decrease the covering cost. Either way giving good news AFAIK wouldn't benefit someone in a shorted position. I could be wrong though
    02-01-13 11:42 PM
    I went to my local Bell affiliate store to pre-order, as I could not do this online, as I was an existing customer (as if that makes sense). The owner of the store stated that there were no more pre orders of the white 10, and I was not sure if he could pre-order any black ones, but he would try for me tomorrow. If he could not get one for me, he promised me that I would be in line for one on his next order, maximum 2 weeks from now. (He also cannot get any HTC wp8 phones either, for some reason) If this is a general situation, the optics look good re sales excitement.
    02-01-13 11:46 PM
    Bell was out of stock and so was Telus but (from what I have been told) it was simply because they ordered too few BlackBerry devices to begin-with. Their inventory was < 5,000 to begin-with. So, yeah, if they sold even 5K, they'd be out of stock. But that's not really a bad thing. It tells them that they grossly under-estimated the market for BlackBerry! Next time, they'll order more! Plus, now that they know there is a demand for BlackBerry devices, they'd give BlackBerry more real-estate/space in their advertisements.
    jakie55 and xiaohuaxing like this.
    02-01-13 11:57 PM
    You may be right. Im no trader but if he shorted when they were very low and has not yet covered then he would want the stock to fall, not increase. Also If he shorted when the stock was high then he would want the stock to fall to decrease the covering cost. Either way giving good news AFAIK wouldn't benefit someone in a shorted position. I could be wrong though
    It's not the giving of good news, it's the giving of inflated good news. Raise expectations and pounce when they're down. It's totally conspiracy crap but, it's not totally out of the realm of possibility.
    02-02-13 12:59 AM
    Bell was out of stock and so was Telus but (from what I have been told) it was simply because they ordered too few BlackBerry devices to begin-with. Their inventory was < 5,000 to begin-with. So, yeah, if they sold even 5K, they'd be out of stock. But that's not really a bad thing. It tells them that they grossly under-estimated the market for BlackBerry! Next time, they'll order more! Plus, now that they know there is a demand for BlackBerry devices, they'd give BlackBerry more real-estate/space in their advertisements.
    This is what i was saying earlier. They only sold out due to idiots that misjudged demand. I figured that was the problem, but it is still good news for one reason... those were PRE-ORDERS!

That means over 10k people wanted it before any ads or live demos, and after a pretty weird/bad launch presentation. The argument of ' well its only 10k and thats not a lot' doesnt work because for all we know 10k more want them but cant get them.

Honestly, for BB right now i think that a good initial sell-out and some positive hype for once will get carriers on the ball. Its looking better than pb, even after everyone bashed it.
    02-02-13 01:09 AM
    Said this in another thread but went to my local rogers tooday, Z10s are all ready stocked but he said I have to wait until next week but they are all sitting pretty in the back. Rep had t make it worst by telling me how awesome the phone is.....thx
    just_luc likes this.
    02-02-13 03:27 AM
    Nintendo did it for several years with the wii...
    Nintendo could also afford to do it.

@Thunderbuck: I agree that its possible and not difficult, just that at this point I don't believe BB would. Its my opinion only, as I have no contacts with BB, in this case its better for BB to keep manufacturing tight rather than go all out IMO. They need to manage their cash and if they end up having unsold product thats the worst possible case. Just manufacturing lean in its self can create shortages.

Anyway its looking more and more like I should have pre-ordered a Z10, fingers crossed I can walk out of a store with one next week!
    02-02-13 09:00 AM
    Someone posted in another thread yesterday (which I cant find) About Telus shipping date now saying Feb 12th. I checked and it is true their website does say the 12th. I called however and the guy told me the white ones ship the 12th and the black will be the 5th

He said that they ran out of Whites to ship on the 5th and are waiting for more from Blackberry
    02-02-13 09:55 AM
    I was given the option of White or Black from Rogers today.
    02-02-13 03:19 PM
    not really no, im working for the courier company that ship the blackberrys (ends with and X for the curious ) and i can tell you that if they ship it on monday night at 8 pm, well it will be in store at 1000 am on tuesday.... with these delays you can easily packed up some more as the demand grow.
    xiaohuaxing likes this.
    02-02-13 03:20 PM
    We have 6 TELUS's in my town so you can be assured I will be paying each of them a visit until I get my hands on one of these phones!
    02-02-13 03:26 PM
    The real question is what those inventory constraints are: 10K? 100K? 1MLN?

Again, Nexus 4 sold out within minutes, but that doesn't mean anything.

In other words pre-orders may be exceeding what they have in stock because:
    - Too few initial units shipped (or ordered by those vendors) and were sold to those die-hard fans who have been waiting for the launch; or
    - In fact, the demand by general public exceeds even the most optimistic sales estimates by BBRY.
    02-02-13 03:27 PM
    I saw an interview with Thor (can't remember which one) where he said that he challenged the production manager, COO maybe, to produce more devices than are initally required. Not sure what that means in itself, and not sure where in the supply chain this extra stock is sitting. Not even sure it isnt a decoy against the 'supply manipulation' others are suggesting. However, if it is plainly true that BBerry overproduced the anticipated initial need and now even that isn't enough... well you guys can do the simple math.
    02-02-13 03:38 PM
    I've said it before re: iPhone and WP, so for the sake of consistency I'm obligated to point it out here, too:

With Just-In-Time manufacturing and supply-chain, supply constraints are kind of artificial. I have a sneaky feeling that these are sometimes "gamed" to create the impression of overwhelming demand.
    Lol I love your forum signature! There's a right way, a wrong way, and the Max Power way!
    02-02-13 03:43 PM
    Remember that this might be a good sign because these preorders do not include enterprises and governments since I am sure a lot of them have already made orders for the devices. I expect 3 million- 5 million BB10 units for this quarter.
    Charles Martin1 likes this.
    02-02-13 03:50 PM
    not really no, im working for the courier company that ship the blackberrys (ends with and X for the curious ) and i can tell you that if they ship it on monday night at 8 pm, well it will be in store at 1000 am on tuesday.... with these delays you can easily packed up some more as the demand grow.
    Good to know. If they were shipped using the company that starts with an U and ends with an S (and goes by 'Brown'), who knows when they would arrive....oh, sorry, I digress.
    morganplus8 likes this.
    02-02-13 03:52 PM
    Here in the UK I have just checked all 17 user reviews on the Vodafone Z10 online shop page. 2 of them are clearly trolls who cannot spell or string a sentence together. The other 15 all give 5/5 scores. Of course they could all be biased but I have never seen this before for ANY phone.
    02-02-13 04:28 PM
59 123