I work in the telecommunications industry and seeing notices from Canadian carriers is part of my job.

I just received an email from Bell stating that preorders for white z10 must be stopped immediately due to inventory constraint.

To me, that means preorders are exceeding what they have in stock. That is awesome.
    02-01-13 04:04 PM
    i concur, bell took down the z10 from the list of phone upgrade options. must be moving fast!
    Acumenight and fedakd like this.
    02-01-13 04:12 PM
    I hope BlackBerry posts some launch numbers in the coming weeks.

Will be interesting to see sales before/after the US has a chance to buy.
    02-01-13 04:14 PM
    Can someone call bell and see if they can pre-order a white one? If this is the case that is huge.
    02-01-13 04:17 PM
    Preorders for black z10 is to be stopped tmr as well.
    02-01-13 04:19 PM
    Preorders for black z10 is to be stopped tmr as well.
    Is this more of a supply issue or is it bc the demand has been crazy?
    02-01-13 04:21 PM
    Is this more of a supply issue or is it bc the demand has been crazy?
    Probably both... supply fo the amount they decided to order, due to higher demand than they expected. I'm sure this is just due to Bell being precaucious on their initial order of units.
    02-01-13 04:24 PM
    Yep... just was on their site and followed the pre-order process and only the black one is there. But it also does say pre-order from January 30th to February 2nd. I didn't look at the dates before today so can't say if this was always the case or if it has been adjusted.
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    02-01-13 04:27 PM
    I'm not clear why they'd stop preorders? Unless they're committing to fill all preorders at launch?
    02-01-13 04:28 PM
    I work in the telecommunications industry and seeing notices from Canadian carriers is part of my job.

I just received an email from Bell stating that preorders for white z10 must be stopped immediately due to inventory constraint.

To me, that means preorders are exceeding what they have in stock. That is awesome.
    I hope it's true and not because of RIM supplied less phones rather than demand high. Please investigate if you can and share with us..we love u..))
    02-01-13 04:29 PM

WOuld not they sending this to RIM..not to your company or agency you are working..Unless you are working for RIM..lol
    02-01-13 04:30 PM
    I've said it before re: iPhone and WP, so for the sake of consistency I'm obligated to point it out here, too:

With Just-In-Time manufacturing and supply-chain, supply constraints are kind of artificial. I have a sneaky feeling that these are sometimes "gamed" to create the impression of overwhelming demand.
    02-01-13 04:35 PM
    I hope BlackBerry posts some launch numbers in the coming weeks.

Will be interesting to see sales before/after the US has a chance to buy.
    quarterly reports should be coming in march so i'm sure youll find out then for sure how many Z10s have been sold, either way we are off on a good foot
    02-01-13 04:38 PM
    Unfortunately, that is all I know. Take it as it is.
    chads920 likes this.
    02-01-13 04:51 PM
    Chris U's blog post today alludes to reports of lineups in the UK and quick sell-outs. THIS is actually very encouraging, since it displays actual consumer behavior (as opposed to inventory levels, which manufacturers have some control over).
    02-01-13 05:00 PM
    I just walked over to my Bell store and asked...They now have a POS code so they can take your money on a deposit basis but not in full yet...I have been on their "store" pre-order list for a week now but paid deposit and am now "in the system".

I'm confused (as they are too) as to how it's going to work Tuesday...They said they are likely opening early (8am) but not confirmed yet...I "might" get my phone but they won’t guarantee it?? I asked why..."well we have to distribute the phones by quota...i.e. so many to new customers, so many to existing clients...so many to paid in full sales (not on 3yr contract) etc.

Sooo...I asked...are you going to have the phones here in store for Tuesday? "Yes, of course"...and I'm number 9 in your system?..."yes"...Are you getting more than nine phones?..."oh yes...way more". But you can't guarantee I'll get mine as a paid in full long time existing customer even though I'm number 9 on the list and have now (number two) pre-paid the deposit?..."No".

Clear as mud.

I'm so confused!!
    xiaohuaxing and convenor like this.
    02-01-13 05:09 PM
    my Z10 reservation is for Virgin Mobile through Future Shop. I was perusing Virgin Mobile's site to see if they had a buy outright price yet and it indicated that presales for the Z10 were no longer being accepted. Perhaps this is why..
    02-01-13 05:25 PM
    Is Rogers the only one not closing presales? I wonder if it's because the saw the early demand and upped their initial order from BB.
    02-01-13 05:55 PM
    I just walked over to my Bell store and asked...They now have a POS code so they can take your money on a deposit basis but not in full yet...I have been on their "store" pre-order list for a week now but paid deposit and am now "in the system".

I'm confused (as they are too) as to how it's going to work Tuesday...They said they are likely opening early (8am) but not confirmed yet...I "might" get my phone but they won’t guarantee it?? I asked why..."well we have to distribute the phones by quota...i.e. so many to new customers, so many to existing clients...so many to paid in full sales (not on 3yr contract) etc.

Sooo...I asked...are you going to have the phones here in store for Tuesday? "Yes, of course"...and I'm number 9 in your system?..."yes"...Are you getting more than nine phones?..."oh yes...way more". But you can't guarantee I'll get mine as a paid in full long time existing customer even though I'm number 9 on the list and have now (number two) pre-paid the deposit?..."No".

Clear as mud.

I'm so confused!!
    Weird. I walked into a Bell store on Wednesday. Had no problems pre-ordering. Paid for the phone in full, which was $99.99 on a 3 year because I am a "loyal customer" to them.

I was promised to get a phone on Tuesday.
    FSeverino likes this.
    02-01-13 06:48 PM
    Have you seen the bids for Z10's on ebay? Well over the $600 no contract price, white z10's (that I lean towards) are over $1000. I got a notice this week from Bell about upgrading my 9810 and might be waiting for a bit since I didn't pre-order.
    02-01-13 06:57 PM
    I went to a bell store in Kitchener on Thursday. She said they had 21 units as of that day. She also said 18 were already spoken for. I didn't buy one cuz I'm switching back to Rogers. There I've got two on pre order
    02-01-13 07:00 PM
    I've said it before re: iPhone and WP, so for the sake of consistency I'm obligated to point it out here, too:

With Just-In-Time manufacturing and supply-chain, supply constraints are kind of artificial. I have a sneaky feeling that these are sometimes "gamed" to create the impression of overwhelming demand.
    JIT is more of a utopian fantasy in practice. Reality is that supplier agreements result in pressure to sell and not to hold or accumulate excess inventory. The best way to determine demand is to look at the overtime hours at the plant. Your supply may be reliable but can management justify hiring additional workers? And that actually follows along the whole supply path sometimes even when there is automation involved.
    xiaohuaxing likes this.
    02-01-13 07:11 PM
    Hopefully good news, but is it possible since it's going on sale tuesday, and they shipped out devices yesterday, that they just decided to close pre-ordering? Or in the past have you still been able to pre-order a device say, the day before it's in stores?

It would just seem kinda pointless to pre-order it this coming monday...
    02-01-13 07:20 PM
    Yep... just was on their site and followed the pre-order process and only the black one is there. But it also does say pre-order from January 30th to February 2nd. I didn't look at the dates before today so can't say if this was always the case or if it has been adjusted.
    Yeah that's been up since the 30th, I assume it's because if you pre-order between those dates, you are guaranteed the device for launch on Tuesday, otherwise it's first come first served.
    02-01-13 07:21 PM
    Weird. I walked into a Bell store on Wednesday. Had no problems pre-ordering. Paid for the phone in full, which was $99.99 on a 3 year because I am a "loyal customer" to them.

I was promised to get a phone on Tuesday.

Yeah...not sure what’s going on...I think the guy was new cuz he sure didn't know how to run their system to take my money...even the store manager came over to help and she confirmed only a deposit...nothing in full accepted...weird!!
    02-01-13 07:38 PM
59 123