Given that there has been a breakthrough in an agreement on wireless charging standards (late 2017 I believe), will Blackberry/TCL get on board with it as well with their next devices?

Personally, I would like to have this. It's not a make or break for any decision, but it would be a bonus in my books.
    02-24-18 08:50 AM
    Given that there has been a breakthrough in an agreement on wireless charging standards (late 2017 I believe), will Blackberry/TCL get on board with it as well with their next devices?

Personally, I would like to have this. It's not a make or break for any decision, but it would be a bonus in my books.
    I added a fairly cheap charging antenna between my KeyOne and my Stilgut case. Works well. Only issue is if I want to move data between phone and computer I do have to unplug it to attach a usb-data cable.
    Sigewif likes this.
    02-24-18 09:35 AM
    That's always an option, which is why it's not a "make it or break it" situation. That said, I would like it internalized for simplicity from my perspective, especially for day to day usage. Personally, I'm looking to minimize cables, dongles, and other stuff when I go on trips. If I only have to carry a wireless charger, then it means that for our phones we only need to bring along 1 item as opposed to several.
    02-24-18 12:22 PM
    Would love that...
    03-07-18 01:06 AM
    I added a fairly cheap charging antenna between my KeyOne and my Stilgut case. Works well. Only issue is if I want to move data between phone and computer I do have to unplug it to attach a usb-data cable.
    And so I auger for a add on QI charging receiver with a pass through in the connector
    Last edited by RLeeSimon; 03-09-18 at 12:47 PM.
    03-09-18 11:57 AM
    And so I auger for a add on 2i charging receiver with a pass through in the connector
    If I understand what you mean - the plug would have an additional female socket for simply plugging in a usb cable? Would probably make the attachment quite a bit more bulky but it would be handy.
    03-09-18 12:29 PM
    Phone Auto correct sometimes is comical
    ev0lution94 likes this.
    03-09-18 12:47 PM
    Phone Auto correct sometimes is comical
    Was that "hunger"
    03-09-18 01:11 PM
    Was that "hunger"
    Thirst…

FF22 likes this.
    03-09-18 01:19 PM
    If I understand what you mean - the plug would have an additional female socket for simply plugging in a usb cable? Would probably make the attachment quite a bit more bulky but it would be handy.
    What they can do is make the female connector a micro-usb connector instead of usb-c.
    04-11-18 01:37 PM
    My new truck has a charging "matt". My next phone will have wire less charging.
    I really do hope it's a new BlackBerry!
    Vistaus likes this.
    04-19-18 11:58 PM
    I have had my PRIV since launch which I still use as backup to my KEYone. It is a US model with wireless charging built in but I never have used it. I just never bought the wireless charger. However I am glad to know it is there in case the plug in port were to become damaged. My KEYone doesn't have it but I don't miss it, probably because I have never used one.
    Jadedx1FastLude likes this.
    05-02-18 12:14 PM
    Honestly wouldn’t use it much as I think that wireless charging eats up the life of a battery long term.
    05-02-18 03:02 PM
    Honestly wouldn’t use it much as I think that wireless charging eats up the life of a battery long term.
    Why's that? (In a nutshell)
    05-02-18 03:29 PM
    My phone gets much warmer when using the QucikCharger, than the Wireless...
    And the technology has been around longer than BB10 was, if it were an issue, we'd probable known about it by now.

Do think that using a low powered plug in charger probable is better long term. But if the battery last two - three years using a QucikCharger or a Wireless, that's all I really need.
    portplayer likes this.
    05-02-18 03:34 PM
    My HP Pre 3 and esp. HP Touchpad still have great battery life after so many years, so it doesn't affect it as much as you think.

Posted via CB10 using my amazing  Passport (OG Red) <3
    05-02-18 03:49 PM
    My phone gets much warmer when using the QucikCharger, than the Wireless...
    And the technology has been around longer than BB10 was, if it were an issue, we'd probable known about it by now.

Do think that using a low powered plug in charger probable is better long term. But if the battery last two - three years using a QucikCharger or a Wireless, that's all I really need.
    If we’re to use the fruit phone as example: I remember someone calculated that using wireless charging versus the standard charger will deplete the battery life to one year versus three years. That’s my concern.
    05-02-18 06:58 PM
    If we’re to use the fruit phone as example: I remember someone calculated that using wireless charging versus the standard charger will deplete the battery life to one year versus three years. That’s my concern.

"someone"?

Sorry but as I said, the technology has been in use for years - some may be on the third or fourth generation wireless charging phones, and they aren't having that kind of issue. And if you do a search on wireless charging, and think you'll find plenty of "someones" that say something much different than your "someone".

I wouldn't argue that there might be some effect, just like I expect that Quick Charging has some effect. But cut it down to a year.... I don't buy that.

There are still some "someones" out that think the earth is flat....
    tazcubed likes this.
    05-03-18 07:10 AM
    "someone"?

Sorry but as I said, the technology has been in use for years - some may be on the third or fourth generation wireless charging phones, and they aren't having that kind of issue. And if you do a search on wireless charging, and think you'll find plenty of "someones" that say something much different than your "someone".

I wouldn't argue that there might be some effect, just like I expect that Quick Charging has some effect. But cut it down to a year.... I don't buy that.

There are still some "someones" out that think the earth is flat....
    Vistaus pretty much proved your point. His devices still have great battery life after years of using wireless charging.

It goes without being said that wireless charging requires use of the battery to actually actually charge the phone though.... that’s the case charging plugged in. The battery isn’t being used to charge the device.

My whole point is for me, I don’t care much for wireless charging as the technology stands today. It takes too long.

And yes how about that flatter conference in the UK the other day!
    05-03-18 04:46 PM
    Vistaus pretty much proved your point. His devices still have great battery life after years of using wireless charging.

It goes without being said that wireless charging requires use of the battery to actually actually charge the phone though.... that’s the case charging plugged in. The battery isn’t being used to charge the device.

My whole point is for me, I don’t care much for wireless charging as the technology stands today. It takes too long.

And yes how about that flatter conference in the UK the other day!
    Well, at least it serves as a plan B if the charging port fails all of a sudden, allowing you to keep using the phone while you figure it out
    05-04-18 12:17 AM
    Well, at least it serves as a plan B if the charging port fails all of a sudden, allowing you to keep using the phone while you figure it out
    That is, is a very great reason to have it indeed. I want it now 🤡
    05-04-18 04:19 PM