I have been looking into buying a blackberry for sometime and i have a couple of questions that you guys might be able to answer

1)I have heard some things about the "OS updates"...Do the new OS's work for ALL blackberrys meaning that no matter what type of phone i have be it a storm, bold, curve, pearl that the new OS will upgrade all of those at once so we all have basically the same looking interface??

2)The answer to that above question will probably dictate your answers for this one...Should i wait for the Javelin to come out instead of just going out and buying a Curve?

3) When is the Javelin coming out? Coming out for Verizon? When does the Bold come out for Verizon?

I appreciate all of your help!!
    12-27-08 12:05 AM
    1. There are different versions for different models. The release of the new updates is determined by the carrier.

2. No. As stated many times, there is no telling when a new device will be out and waiting is a bad idea.

3. There are no dates yet.
    12-27-08 12:31 AM
    referring to my first quesiton, so will every verizon phones interface look the same assuming everyone updates to the latest and greatest version?
    12-27-08 12:34 AM
    1. Nope different os for each phone. Curves and pearls are running 4.5 right now and the bold has 4.6 and the storm has 4.7. There are rumors of a 5.0 for the 8xxx series but its all in testing

2. The curve is a great phone

3. The javelin and bold won't be out very soon for verizon

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-27-08 12:34 AM
    I have been looking into buying a blackberry for sometime and i have a couple of questions that you guys might be able to answer

1)I have heard some things about the "OS updates"...Do the new OS's work for ALL blackberrys meaning that no matter what type of phone i have be it a storm, bold, curve, pearl that the new OS will upgrade all of those at once so we all have basically the same looking interface??

2)The answer to that above question will probably dictate your answers for this one...Should i wait for the Javelin to come out instead of just going out and buying a Curve?

3) When is the Javelin coming out? Coming out for Verizon? When does the Bold come out for Verizon?

I appreciate all of your help!!
    1) NO. Each device has its own unique OS. With the exception of the Storm, the user interface looks pretty much the same on all of them, but different carriers update at different times for different models. Right now you can buy new BlackBerries with factory OS loads ranging from 4.2 (the Verizon 8830) to 4.7 (the Storm). OS4.5 and higher are considerably more capable than OS4.2.

2), 3) It depends on if you need a BlackBerry now, or sometime in the future. If you need one now, buy the curve or the Storm now. It's pointless to speculate when a particular device will come out for a specific manufacturer. The people who know typically can't say.
    12-27-08 12:36 AM
    The curve and pearl and 8830 will have the same interface but it won't look like any of the newer models until something above 4.5 is released

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-27-08 12:37 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD