this took place about two weeks ago. i just went to cingular and handed in my windows phone and upgraded my contract and got the 8310. i dont know about anyone else but i think i have ocd and i keep all my stuff in pristine condition. with that said, i came home and i was all happy to show off my blackberry to my wife (who has an 8320 thru her job), my wife was standing outside on our two story deck i walked up too her and placed my bb in her hand. dont ask me how this happened but she proceeded to lose her grip on it and basicly juggled it and dropped it on the deck(which is made of wood). you would think that was the bad part, no it gets worse!!!. my bb then cartwheels off the side of the deck and drops two stories. my wife is standing frozen in time and in shock, cause she knows what a nut i am. i then run down the deck stairs and retreive my bb and to my amazement there was only a slight scratch on the corner of it. i swallowed my heart and i was able to breathe again. the end
    Last edited by glock858; 06-01-08 at 02:34 PM. Reason: whoops
    06-01-08 02:29 PM
    OMG!!! I think I would've tossed my husband over too after it to catch it before it falls over.... lol kidding, maybe... I too am ocd i usually have a vinyl skin and silicone skin an holster. Well i got my new cuve and right out the box my kid gets excited about the "blahburry" (guess i make a big fuss about them) any way they take it an run... baadoomflump falls cement outside! aaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh i check it... oooohhh scratched... dang to holly! so i ran to the computer to order an otter box. turns out had to turn that curve in... woot woot!!! so got a new one scratch free! yay... safe thanks to otter!
    06-01-08 02:47 PM
    No horror stories, but I would have probably soiled myself.
    06-01-08 02:59 PM
    Headline "BLACKBERRY FALLS IN TOILET" nuff said, and speaking of soiling!!!!!
    06-01-08 03:03 PM
    One evening last year, I was in a hurry to goto an electronics store, I hopped into my SUV and drove off, when I arrived, I realized I didnt have my BB 8700c with me. it is almost always in a holster on my belt. Drove back home, and there it was, in the driveway. it was in its leather case. when I picked it up and examined it, I realized that I had backed over it. It was fine, a couple of the buttons were pressed in making typing a little more difficult, and the logo on the case was scratched but otherwise it was fine.
    06-01-08 03:21 PM
    Headline "BLACKBERRY FALLS IN TOILET" nuff said, and speaking of soiling!!!!!
    hahahaha! Yea, when I get my BB it will not be going into the bathroom with me nor will it ever see the light of the kitchen, I am obsessive also about keeping my electronics in pristine condition. Yet, the phone i currently have, the end call button is dead because a couple months ago, as i was getting into bed (i keep a glass of water by my bed at night. NOT ANYMORE, now i use a bottle with a lid!) I usually lay my phone right beside my bed, well i stumbled and as i was falling i put my hands out to catch myself, and i dropped my phone, as i caught myself, i heard a splash. I look down and see my phone sitting in my cup of water, i rescued it and it still worked fine... BUT that's not the end. a couple weeks after that, i had just woken up and i was going to sit down in the living room, i was texting on my phone when someone shouted my name and it scared me, my phone jumped out of my hand RIGHT INTO A CUP OF COFFEE... and that's why the button no longer works

Like I said, when I get my BB, it will not be going anywhere near anything that contains liquid.
    06-01-08 03:42 PM
    This subject is making me break out into a cold sweat just reading it lol I had mine for about two weeks (OF COURSE!) when I was walking fast with it in the pocket that it came in. Well the thing flew right out of the pocket and landed face down on the tile floor and slid about 2 feet. Lucky there was only a very slight scratch...on the screen no less which was irritating but I'm the only one that would ever know it was there thankfully LOL
    Last edited by kbastic; 06-01-08 at 06:01 PM. Reason: boo boo
    06-01-08 05:57 PM
    Not a horror story but it could have gone bad for the person who lost their phone....

I was up late last night (about 3:00 am) because my station got called out to a water rescue. So there I am running along a muddy trail in full turnout gear, carrying a rescue rope to get some drunk driver out of a rather large creek and as I glance down I notice something glowing in the mud...

I pick it up and it is a BB 8703e! So I figure someone on the rescue team must have lost theirs. I wipe it off and pocket it. I get to the scene, we get the drunk out of the water and I start asking around. No one claims it. So take out the BB start scrolling through the menus. I see the name on the email account and suddenly realize it belongs to my Chief! So I find him amid all the other people in the dark and ask if he has his phone. He gets a panicked look on his face when he sees his empty holster and then I show him his phone. He was very grateful. Now I have the gratitude of my chief for saving his Crackberry!!
    Last edited by adambigge; 06-01-08 at 06:16 PM.
    06-01-08 06:12 PM
    i know there is someone out there who has a horror story to get off their chest. so tell it and we shall feel your pain. lol i do like the toilet one though, i think i just would've counted it as a loss and flushed.
    06-01-08 07:28 PM
    hold on wait, was there doodie in the toilet as well????
    06-01-08 07:30 PM
    It fall down on the sidewalk and there is a small scratch on top corner near the flashing led.
    06-01-08 07:49 PM
    Well this one is not so bad but it scared the **** outta me. So I went to the gas station and there was a long line so I was trying to maneuver to wait in line without letting my car stick out too far and risk getting hit. But people kept honking @ me as if they didn't realize I was in line. So I had a small little fit inside my car and decided before I got any angrier I would just go to the gas station down the street that was hopefully less crowded. Well in my anger and I turned out of the station pretty sharp with my berry on my lap and there it went right off my lap and in between my seat and the driver's side door!! Aggh it was so agonizing. And the worse part is I didn't want to get in an accident so I had to wait until the next red light to fish it out : ( only time so far i've let my berry slip out of my grasp.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-01-08 08:02 PM
    hold on wait, was there doodie in the toilet as well????
    There was nuthin in the toilet but it was still water and a toilet.
    06-01-08 08:30 PM
    Well this one is not so bad but it scared the **** outta me. So I went to the gas station and there was a long line so I was trying to maneuver to wait in line without letting my car stick out too far and risk getting hit. But people kept honking @ me as if they didn't realize I was in line. So I had a small little fit inside my car and decided before I got any angrier I would just go to the gas station down the street that was hopefully less crowded. Well in my anger and I turned out of the station pretty sharp with my berry on my lap and there it went right off my lap and in between my seat and the driver's side door!! Aggh it was so agonizing. And the worse part is I didn't want to get in an accident so I had to wait until the next red light to fish it out : ( only time so far i've let my berry slip out of my grasp.

That happens to me all the time and your hand never cant fit in between the seat where it is lodged. You have to make your fingers smaller its just the worse. LOL
    06-01-08 08:33 PM
    My bb horror story:

Once, I didn't have one.

-- The end.

06-01-08 09:39 PM
    [PHP][QUOTE]There was nuthin in the toilet but it was still water and a toilet./QUOTE][/PHP]
    ok. thats alright then, that is just water in the toilet. cause with only water i'd pull my bb out with my teeth if i had to. but if there was doodie in there then its a lost cause.
    Last edited by glock858; 06-02-08 at 07:30 AM.
    06-02-08 07:26 AM
    [QUOTE=glock858;360063][PHP]
    There was nuthin in the toilet but it was still water and a toilet./QUOTE][/PHP]
    ok. thats alright then, that is just water in the toilet. cause with only water i'd pull my bb out with my teeth if i had to. but if there was doodie in there then its a lost cause.
    Definately!!!
    06-02-08 08:24 AM
    Nah, turd or not that bb has to come out and better sooner than later. Hahaha. No horror story he but I when I'm working around water my bb is the number one thing on my mind.

06-02-08 08:42 AM
    Nah, turd or not that bb has to come out and better sooner than later. Hahaha. No horror story he but I when I'm working around water my bb is the number one thing on my mind.

Mine too. So what I do now is place it in the holster and put the holster in my pocket with the clip showing on the outside of the pocket. Nice trick huh?
    06-02-08 08:47 AM
    when im on the comode i surf on my bb then gently place it down on the hamper and finish my business. lol sweet!!!
    06-02-08 09:20 AM
    ....you know, the deep belly laugh that involves snorting noises and ends with tears in your eyes. So then I had to go pee - note: I did NOT bring my BB with me I don't know why, but this really hit my funny bone. I guess we all lived this horror once upon a time

Tamara (a relative newbie, but addicted all the same)

My bb horror story:

Once, I didn't have one.

-- The end.

06-02-08 09:40 AM
    lol it is funny
    06-02-08 07:31 PM
    Well, I got dust under my screen and when the cleaning didn't go so well, I took the outer screen off. (long story) I guess it is good because I now have an excuse to get a 8820!!!
    06-03-08 03:16 PM
    ....you know, the deep belly laugh that involves snorting noises and ends with tears in your eyes. So then I had to go pee - note: I did NOT bring my BB with me I don't know why, but this really hit my funny bone. I guess we all lived this horror once upon a time

Tamara (a relative newbie, but addicted all the same)

Glad I could add some humor to your day. I love to laugh...and I love to make other people laugh.

06-06-08 09:09 AM
    PEOPLE........ I know how people get attached to their pride and joy. Come on if it breaks get a new one. Honestly its like this my son (10 yrs old) always tells when he get hurt "chicks dig scars!" I think that this applies in all to life: scratch, dents, cuts, scars, bruises, and accidents most of them you can look back at and laugh ( if you can't seek some help) Sh!t happens nothing stays the same. I can't tell you how many times my wife or kids have asked to use my BB and dropped it. I sure hope some people lighten up ( i am sure you have never done anything like that!!!!
    06-06-08 09:32 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD