I came across this write up on a UK start-up and the work they have been doing with encryption. Very interesting read and makes me think about things in relation to BlackBerry, can anyone with a good understanding of encryption size this Post-quantum tech up against what BlackBerry has on the go?

It's also interesting how in the article the CEO states they are swamped with businesses inquiring about their products and have a business case for secure comms in medical. It sounds like a direct move into BlackBerry turf, by a start-up that seems to be generating a bunch of customer interest?

Post-Quantum Encryption No Longer A Laughing Matter | TechCrunch

Posted via CB10
    06-23-15 06:50 AM
    Disclaimer: not a cryptographer

It does seem like the usual startup puff, but I think they're aggravating the NSA more than BlackBerry.
    06-23-15 02:44 PM
    Oh yep and I guess they are a strictly software solution rather than controlling both hardware and full OS/Software as BlackBerry does.

Still, will be interesting to see how they develop. The idea of future proofing for something that isn't really fully functional yet is pretty bold move.

Posted via CB10
    06-23-15 05:31 PM
    I think Blackberry has to be on their toes. While probably not viable yet, these things have a habit of springing up practically overnight.

And if BlackBerry doesn't wanna be caught with their pants down on security software like they are now with their phones, they better keep a close eye on this and start working on their own answers.

Work Wide and Prosper
    06-23-15 05:37 PM
    If it's too effective the various security agencies will try to ban it, or at least try to make damn sure the general public can't get hold of it.

Posted via CB10
    06-23-15 05:59 PM
    ^^ I seem to remember there was an export ban on PGP some years ago

Posted via CB10
    06-23-15 06:02 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD