^ Haha he'll be back.
    08-20-12 10:05 PM
    Bye, don't let the door hit you where the good lord split you.

What a nice thing to say.

Geeesh...

Tim

Sent from my BlackBerry Bold
    janeka likes this.
    08-20-12 11:35 PM
    What a nice thing to say.

Geeesh...

Tim

Sent from my BlackBerry Bold
    At least she didn't call them stupid or idiotic in that post.

One individuals decision to switch doesn't determine a company's faith dude. Slide your idiotic mind back down to earth and show facts that carriers are hearing this a lot. When you do I'll leave crackberry for good.
    Can you post some links to verify all that rubbish please. I'll wait...

Why say something without facts or anything unless you like to look comatose, you can seriously take that BS to IBGR, the verge, imore & especially toticonderoga securities lying asses. I'll tell you like john4lakers told me " Yes RIM will release bb10, are they late? Maybe, RIM only call for a delay when it's a serious issue." That's a FACT.

I'm pretty sure those eyes of yours need adjustment, if you been on crackberry since RIM been down the amount of stupidity nuts come here to post is down right wrong to the point where crackberry is banning people from this site. And you don't believe people who make up nonsense like this thread doesn't deserve to stfu? Really? Maybe we live in different world's.
    janeka likes this.
    08-20-12 11:47 PM
    There's so much momentum for negative angles its beyond bazaar!
    If playbook 4g is ready for the networks. Does that not imply BB10 should be well on its way?
    08-21-12 12:38 AM
    At least she didn't call them stupid or idiotic in that post.
    They deserve every bit of it. Why create a crackberry account just to talk crazy with no facts. You have to admit some threads shouldn't even be given the time of day. I didn't want to call him/her stupid/idiotic because they did it to themselves by complaining then brag about jumping ship to the ios.
    08-21-12 02:19 AM
    There's so much momentum for negative angles its beyond bazaar!
    If playbook 4g is ready for the networks. Does that not imply BB10 should be well on its way?
    I think that's why carriers are getting bb10 to network test this week, then devs next month.
    08-21-12 02:24 AM
    They deserve every bit of it. Why create a crackberry account just to talk crazy with no facts. You have to admit some threads shouldn't even be given the time of day. I didn't want to call him/her stupid/idiotic because they did it to themselves by complaining then brag about jumping ship to the ios.
    I'm pretty sure that it isn't up to you to let someone know that they are stupid.

Personal Attacks

Do not flame, insult or post personal attacks against other users. Be courteous, not rude. Any instances or reports of harassment of members will be treated seriously. CrackBerry.com has a zero tolerance policy against this kind of behavior, which may result with an immediate temporary or permanent ban at moderators' discretion. CrackBerry.com is a friendly place - treat members with respect at all times. If you don't have something nice to say, do not say it!
    Toodeurep likes this.
    08-21-12 11:26 AM
    May result, depending on who you are.
    08-21-12 11:31 AM
    The ecosystem consists of the mobile devices/iTunes/iCloud/apps, even if the users own PCs, not Macs.

I know several people with both an iPhone and an iPad who own Windows PCs, not Macs. However, they are heavily invested in iTunes/iCloud/apps.
    Anyone the is heavily invested in an ecosystem is unfortunately stuck/tied to the (mis)fortune of said ecosystem. That infers they have something to lose, meaning they will defend their choice because they need it to continue to be available. The average user, they scratch the surface at best and will likely get sucked into the next shiny new thing from whatever vendor happens to be on top.

Best move is always to maintain your data so its platform independent.
    08-21-12 12:25 PM
    ^ Haha he'll be back.
    Only Arnold will be back!!!
    08-21-12 12:48 PM
    No becuase the Playbook isn't running BB10 and it doesn't have BBM or "traditional" BB email. It uses Exchange to sync the email and doesn't go through RIM's servers to get the mail.
    08-21-12 02:13 PM
    sweetheart, there are many, many past and current BB users out there with a lot of accumulated frustration. For years, RIM hasnt been the most innovative company. Heins admitted they were slow in reacting to the BYOD market/trend in enterprise, their bread and butter. He admitted that RIM was slow to jump on the 4g bandwagon too. The two co-clowns admitted their initial touch effort was half baked. For tech companies, this is death by starvation. For many bb fans, this is pure torture.
    08-21-12 02:29 PM
    I'm pretty sure that it isn't up to you to let someone know that they are stupid.
    That personal attack write up looks like rules at an ama meeting. Besides I don't go in on a person I think that's my second time doing it. I don't mean it when I do it but if you leave yourself open for it I will get it "nature of the beast"
    08-21-12 02:39 PM
    sweetheart, there are many, many past and current BB users out there with a lot of accumulated frustration. For years, RIM hasnt been the most innovative company. Heins admitted they were slow in reacting to the BYOD market/trend in enterprise, their bread and butter. He admitted that RIM was slow to jump on the 4g bandwagon too. The two co-clowns admitted their initial touch effort was half baked. For tech companies, this is death by starvation. For many bb fans, this is pure torture.
    I fully agree on everything you said.

Note: No name calling those two co-clowns bought qnx systems and had it running on the playbook faster than apple could load a fully baked ios on the ipad.
    Stewartj1 likes this.
    08-21-12 02:51 PM
    It't a bird... a plane..... oh no.. just a hoax...

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk
    08-21-12 02:51 PM
    So what android is also beating apple and all others.

I don't think it will be delayed longer.
    Not where it counts.
    08-21-12 06:04 PM
    How many people do you actually think buy contract phones for Christmas?

off contract phones yes, pay as you go yes, but committing someone to a 2 year contract or more at Christmas? really?
    I have yet to meet anyone over the age of 16 to get a phone on contract for Christmas.

NOW back to school, that I have seen, many many back to school promo's that lead to contract phones for students/young adults going away, and in January/February, many new contract phones for SMB's with new budgets because their fiscal year ties in with the calendar year.
    There is not need to guess or make assumptions:
    Android Activations Christmas 2011
    Christmas Day activation numbers suggest iOS topped Android by 1.6M

I have yet to meet anyone over the age of 16 to get a phone on contract for Christmas.
    Surprising to see this kind of statement coming from you. You usually have more substantial information than anecdotal evidence.
    Last edited by sinsin07; 08-21-12 at 06:36 PM.
    08-21-12 06:11 PM
    Burn!

RIM missing out on another Christmas season is painful. But then again, a BB10 device probably wouldn't have sold that well anyway - so the pain is minimized - but that's not really a good thing either.
    08-21-12 06:20 PM
    Tons of people buy contract phones as Christmas gifts. I know lots of parents and siblings who have purchased iPhones with 2 or 3 year contracts as Christmas gifts
    08-21-12 06:26 PM
    Burn!

RIM missing out on another Christmas season is painful. But then again, a BB10 device probably wouldn't have sold that well anyway - so the pain is minimized - but that's not really a good thing either.
    Well on the flip side, the smartphone world is greater than Christmas. Not everyone celebrates it.
    08-21-12 06:26 PM
    This thread is all the way off topic
    08-21-12 08:36 PM
    There is not need to guess or make assumptions:
    Android Activations Christmas 2011
    Christmas Day activation numbers suggest iOS topped Android by 1.6M

Surprising to see this kind of statement coming from you. You usually have more substantial information than anecdotal evidence.
    sadly you`ve not proven what you set out to though. you simply proved units activated (although iOS units could be ipad/ipod/iphone so its even less clear), no figures in either link definitively show how those figures are divided up between prepay, postpay and handset only.

that i believe is deRussett`s point, its not about volume in total, but post paid volume. sadly no figures will accurately depict a % split, no matter how much you add links.

I`d also add, from personal experience, as i used to work in a large phone store in the UK, that my experience runs in line with what deRussett said. most sales i ever did over the holidays were prepaid handsets, generally for parents to give to kids. the targets we had for post paid connections never went up over the festive period, however pre paid handset targets did.

And finally, here`s my honest thoughts, if your giving someone a contract phone as a present then its not a present if they have to pay the line rental. Also, if your paying someone elses line rental (that isnt your partner/child) then thats not a very wise move.
    08-21-12 09:02 PM
72 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD