Hello, I was wondering that since I have the blackberry storm, and it has internet, could i set up a access point with my nintendo ds? As in I always have my nintendo ds with me, and I also always have my phone. So it would only be practical to find a way to use it. Is there a way to connect the two. I mean People should have already thought of this...right? Please Google isn't helping so i might as well ask the people that know there stuff. And if theres already a thread of this I apologize and don't mind a link to where it is directed. Though I culn't find the topic in the search engin. Thank you for your time.
    06-30-09 12:24 PM
    I am fairly new hear but from what I know of as a smart phone user, there is no way to gain access to the internet from one source to a cell phone, only the other way around via tethering.
    (Think of it this way, if you could give internet access from your ds to your phone, there would have to be a way to do it from your computer to your phone, but no one on earth IMO would rather view the internet on their phone when they have their computer right there with them).

Even if there was a way to provide internet access to ur phone from another source, the nintendo ds has no real way of communicating with your phone because the only thing the ds has to communicate with is wifi, and if your storm had wifi, you wouldnt have a problem lol.

You could instead add a data plan to your contract or wait for the Blackberry Storm 2 to come out some time in the fall ("word on the street") which will have wifi.
    06-30-09 12:38 PM
    The simple answer is that the Storm does not have wifi.
    06-30-09 12:49 PM
    That was the longest no explanation...ha-haaa!
    The 2nd reply is short, and to the point...thanks bro!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-04-09 09:28 PM
    dont think sooo
    07-05-09 02:06 PM
    ushneb is correct, even if you can set up your DS as an access point, your Storm does not have Wi-Fi. So no.
    07-05-09 06:40 PM
    What if its the device has wifi options?
    Could someone post and describe the steps and procedures.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-05-09 11:33 PM
    Well thank you that has been helpful. Its good to know it might not possibly be done...I say that because by the time someone figures it out it wouldn't even matter anymore...Especailly since the storm 2 is comming out. Thank you.
    07-13-09 09:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD