Hey All,

From what I've read, VZW Tour's have their GPS unlocked so apps like Google Maps can pinpoint your location properly.

I'm on Bell Mobility in Canada, and up here, the GPS is locked on the Tour. I bitched at Bell about this and got them to comp me TeleNav for free but I still prefer Google Maps.

Does anyone know if its possible to unlock the GPS so 3rd party apps can access it?

Thanks!
    09-12-09 03:38 PM
    The GPS on the Tour is unlocked for all applications when used in CDMA mode. I wasn't aware that it didn't work when used on GSM. In Options / Status, type TEST. You won't see the letters, but when you type the last T, you'll bring up the self-test menu. There you can run the GPS self-test and see if it works.
    09-12-09 03:49 PM
    Bell Mobility in Canada runs a CDMA network, I'm not doing anything using GSM. And from what I've read your right, the GPS is unlocked for VERIZON Tour's but its not on Bell Tour's.
    09-12-09 03:54 PM
    My mistake; I read Bell and thought Rogers. Sprint is also having problems with the GPS in their Tours. I wasn't aware that any other carrier was.
    09-12-09 03:56 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD