If using the offical Google Play App for Capital One is too scary... then use the browser.. lol. First image is Capital One using the browser and Second is using their Android APP.

Possible switch from iPhone 5 to Q10.-img_20140208_022140.png

Possible switch from iPhone 5 to Q10.-img_20140208_015011.png
    02-07-14 12:27 PM
    that disclaimer under the capital one app worries me.
    And it will be this way until BlackBerry OFFICIALLY vets android apps you can download via the updated OS. That disclaimer really bothers me too. There is no evidence that BlackBerry will officially promote this android ability or they would have to vet all the android apps as the world's "security phone." I don't see that happening. Download android at your own risk. It's a great concept but buyer beware.

Posted via CB10
    02-07-14 12:28 PM
    with you bbq10l
    02-07-14 12:35 PM
    browser would be the best use for me, and those who want the secure experience. is there anybody with a q10 updated to the latest software update that can vouch for solid app performance from these other sources on the q10?
    02-07-14 12:38 PM
    If using the offical Google Play App for Capital One is too scary... then use the browser.. lol. First image is Capital One using the browser and Second is using their Android APP.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20140208_022140.png 
Views:	807 
Size:	129.0 KB 
ID:	245886

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20140208_015011.png 
Views:	809 
Size:	93.5 KB 
ID:	245887
    The OP doesn't have to use the browser for his banking. He has an iphone5 and can use his banking app developed for his iphone 5. Why should he have to downgrade to a phone requiring a still leaked OS and resort to using Android apps that are still not supported by BlackBerry? I believe that is the line of thought he and I are discussing. You should try to follow the conversation without the attitude. Not everyone wants to downgrade their cell phone experience, and unfortunately, moving to the q10 at this point is going to do just that.

Posted via CB10
    noworkout likes this.
    02-07-14 12:38 PM
    For what it's worth, the BB10 browser is so good that you really can't tell the difference between a bank's mobile site and its app. It's actually faster in the browser.
    noworkout likes this.
    02-07-14 02:21 PM
    that disclaimer under the capital one app worries me.
    That's why you use Snap and know the app is coming directly from Google Play.
    JesseBabe23 likes this.
    02-07-14 05:12 PM
    For what it's worth, the BB10 browser is so good that you really can't tell the difference between a bank's mobile site and its app. It's actually faster in the browser.
    Most of the banking apps are nothing more than their mobile site in a wrapper anyway. Very few actually offer any additional features through their apps.
    02-07-14 05:14 PM
    Also, get this thread back on track without the name calling and insults.
    Elite1 likes this.
    02-07-14 05:21 PM
    That is a really good point.. The apps you get from snap are from the official google store.. But on another note to get this posts away from the insults and getting it back on track, do these applications from snap fit the q10 and not just z10, z30?
    02-07-14 06:25 PM
    That is a really good point.. The apps you get from snap are from the official google store.. But on another note to get this posts away from the insults and getting it back on track, do these applications from snap fit the q10 and not just z10, z30?
    Thanks Blaze.....Noworkout....yes Apple has all the Apps. But BB10 allows you to bookmark your bank website and you place the icon on your app pages. It looks just like an app icon and it will look like a banking app as you were shown. An iphone needs an app for everything. BB10 has the most compliant HTML browser and I can show you Web pages of sites I bookmark, you will swear I am using an app. This is what most people don't know about BB10. If you don't trust 1mobile, use Amazon. Else load snap and use Google Play Store. Now I agree with 101 that you should have access to 10.2.1 as side loading is not so much fun, and yes consumers should not be expected to do so. Has the app gap been erases.....yup......pretty much so. I do want to ask.....why do you want a q10. why not a z30 or just stick with your iphone.

Posted via CB10
    02-07-14 08:40 PM
    Bbq10l......you should sell or smash your Q10 as it causes you an extreme amount of anger. Stick with your iphone and get to that happy place. The Q10 is an extremely capable phone in the hands of most users. Just because it doesn't put jam on your toast exactly the way your iphone does, doesn't mean it can't put jam on your toast and in a good way. Iphone insists you need an app or your done. BlackBerry 10 devices have so much productivity built right in. She asked about movies......she wasn't concerned about the screen size as she was going to HDMI out......smart girl! Your iphone rant didn't address that small detail......amongst many others. Now don't panic, yes iphone is behind in true functionality especially against my z30. However, iphone will be fine. There are just too many people that believe iphone is the end all and be all, too many iphone users that will deny to the nth degree and too much media slamming BlackBerry for over 3 years to the point it's absolutely abusive. So Apple will be fine, and hopefully you will be too.....now go smash your Q10 and feel better.

Posted via CB10
    02-07-14 08:57 PM
    Just wanted to chime in here. OP you have no reason to distrust any of the android banking apps. These are official apps, developed by the banks after all. And as long as you download from a reputable source (such as amazon or snap), everything should be 100% kosher in terms of security. Myself, I use the official TD bank app I got off Amazon and it works perfectly so give it a try.
    As for the issue of apps vs using the browser. Based on my understanding, apps were needed in the early days of smart phones because the devices lacked fully functional browsers and power, not to mention screen real-estate. Since then, browsers on phones and the phones themselves have become a lot more capable, however, we've all been spoiled by the notion that we NEED all these apps when we really don't. Do I really need a gimped Facebook app when my phone ' s browser easily loads the full site (and in industry leading time I might add)? These are the questions we should ask.

Posted via CB10
    CyberMan2013 likes this.
    02-08-14 01:56 AM
    Agree with you, I decided to save my banking login as an icon because it runs much faster than the actual app.

Posted via CB10
    02-08-14 03:52 AM
    I have both an iphone 5 and a Q10. Both since launch.

Allow me to keep thing short and concise. No one likes reading confusing, long winded and repetitive posts.

The iphone 5 is a good phone, has all the apps native and has the the simplest OS.

But I much prefer my Q10 due to the true multi tasking ability, flash capable, gesturing for navigation, battery life, keyboard, hub and security.

As long as you get your apps from snap or amazon you dont have to worry about security. This is what I would recommend for your banking apps.

As for imessage I personally dont use it because I find it very limited in the sense I cannot do what bbm or even whatsapp does. But that 3rd party android app coupled with a new apple id should work for you.

It is true that not all android apps will work with BlackBerry 10. And some that do work on the 16:9 screens may not work very well on the Q10. But these apps are far and few in between. Through my personal experience I have only had a problem with 1 app out of 25 apps I own due to the smaller screen.

Overall I feel the Q10 suit me better and I am able to use it as a singular device if I wanted to.

Z30, Q10, Z10, iP5, SGS3
    JesseBabe23 likes this.
    02-08-14 04:33 AM
    Stay with your iPhone. It's better so. I can't get Viber on my BlackBerry 10 and other android apps.

Posted via CB10
    02-08-14 06:21 AM
    im not worried about apps i dont use instagram, twitter, viber, etc im not coming to blackberry for that. im coming to bb for security, multi tasking, keyboard, flash, etc.
    02-08-14 06:42 AM
    this post helped out alot in how you let me know how the q10 is not such a problem, appreciate that.
    02-08-14 06:43 AM
    your right theone06 i didnt realieze that these apps are coming from the official google store. as far as dealing with 1mobile i dont think i will go that route.
    02-08-14 06:45 AM
    as for not going with a z10 or z30 is the fact that i was never a big fan of the big touch screen phones. an iPhone 5 is big enough for me. i had a 9900 and it was perfect without the bells and whistles, and now i see that the new OS brings a lot more has caught my interest. as a business man who does emailing, texting, i miss the keyboard. at times i might play some games and surf the web i don't really need all of these apps just the basics one. I watch movies online from mer.db through a computer and since bb10 has flash its a possibility i can HDMI out of my TV.
    02-08-14 06:53 AM
    Stay with your iPhone. It's better so. I can't get Viber on my BlackBerry 10 and other android apps.

Posted via CB10
    Maybe you are not aware of what apps you can now access on your BB10 phone. Do not intentionally mislead the OP.
    02-08-14 08:06 AM
    as for not going with a z10 or z30 is the fact that i was never a big fan of the big touch screen phones. an iPhone 5 is big enough for me. i had a 9900 and it was perfect without the bells and whistles, and now i see that the new OS brings a lot more has caught my interest. as a business man who does emailing, texting, i miss the keyboard. at times i might play some games and surf the web i don't really need all of these apps just the basics one. I watch movies online from mer.db through a computer and since bb10 has flash its a possibility i can HDMI out of my TV.
    I think you'll enjoy the Q10. :-)

Z30, Q10, Z10, iP5, SGS3
    02-08-14 08:27 AM
    I think it gone be a good choice for me. but i need to make sure its updated with the 10.2.1 before i purchase
    02-08-14 08:36 AM
    As for the issue of apps vs using the browser. Based on my understanding, apps were needed in the early days of smart phones because the devices lacked fully functional browsers and power, not to mention screen real-estate. Since then, browsers on phones and the phones themselves have become a lot more capable, however, we've all been spoiled by the notion that we NEED all these apps when we really don't.0
    Sorry, not quite true, particularly on banking apps. Banks are constantly refining the mobile apps and banking apps are one area where mobile apps are usually superior.
    The display is optimized for small screens, much faster and there are some features not available on browser, most notably, the photo deposit capability for example.
    Banks will be exerting even more effort in the mobility. There will be more and more mobile-optimized apps in many areas.

Yes, I use browser bookmarks in home screen when some apps are not available, and they generally work fine, but it's still a compromise (in most cases).
    02-08-14 09:23 AM
    True, but those innovations have been added over time. Would we have seen that kind of functionality if the early devices were more capable? Who knows. What I do know is necessity is the mother of invention and there was a need for specific apps then, now a days a lot of them are more of a convenience.

Posted via CB10
    02-08-14 10:08 AM
66 123