Want to switch from iphone to q10 can I get these things done..

-Reliable maps
    -on android you are able to stream free movie online due to flash is that possible with blackberry ( possible website mer.db)
    -Android has a imssage app, is that avalable on apk. alot of people i know use iphone and it is a fast way fr communication.
    -Bankinng capital one, BankofAmerica?

would be really helpful
    02-07-14 07:20 AM

-Reliable maps
    -on android you are able to stream free movie online due to flash is that possible with blackberry ( possible website mer.db)
    -Android has a imssage app, is that avalable on apk. alot of people i know use iphone and it is a fast way fr communication.

would be really helpful
    Maps are great for driving, but suck if you are a pedestrian. There are apps like BeMaps which you can install if you like Google Maps.

Yes, the browser supports Flash, though I'm not sure you'd want to watch movies on a small square screen like that.

iMessage is only available on Apple devices. BlackBerry has BBM which is cross platform, so you will be able to chat to your iOS/Android buddies.

Banking apps can be installed if you have the Android apk file. Few are available in BlackBerry World at the moment.
    02-07-14 07:30 AM
    on the android app store there is a third party app that is not recommended to be safe and they say you should create a extra apple id so you none of your information is at risk and i was wondering if anybody has used that on the q10. I wouldnt watch it on the small screen because the q10 supports hdmi plug in which is great! thanks for the help!
    02-07-14 07:36 AM
    Hey Noworkout

Keep in mind that with the newest OS: 10.2.1, you'll be able to download any application that runs on Android and going forward, it will only get better. I can't guarantee that all the apps will work perfectly, especially with the Q10 that has a smaller screen, but in my case, all android apps I�ve downloaded are all working very well.

Google maps is available, and it's working very well, i use it all the time

In terms of streaming videos, well, BB10 has the best browser out there.
    BlackBerry 10 Browser Test: BlackBerry beats iPhone, Android | BGR
    It includes "flash" so you'll be able to access any website you want. Having said that, and owning a Q10, it is probably not the best device to watch movies (Square screen). I guess it's up to your preferences.
    You won't have any problems browser wise.

Regarding the banking apps, I can�t comment, I�m in Switzerland, maybe someone else could comment on that?
    02-07-14 07:38 AM

-Reliable maps

would be really helpful
    1>Plenty of maps application available.There is default maps,Bemaps pro or better you can install google maps.apk(Blackberry OS Update 10.2.1 required) to your mobile
    2>Yes it has Flash player
    3>If its avaible for android then yes with 10.2.1 update you can install apk files directly to your device
    4>Yes its present in Blackberry world
    noworkout likes this.
    02-07-14 07:39 AM
    thank you! i wouldnt be using the small screen since the q10 supports hdmi output.
    02-07-14 07:42 AM
    for those who havent seen the imessage app on android its called "imessage chat"
    02-07-14 07:45 AM
    The BOA app works great on my Z I am on 10.2.1 with verizon located in the U.S. For me snap has been awesome for finding and installing apps straight from Google Play. And we use the HDMI all the time with Netflix and other movie apps. Can not advise for the Q good luck with your research
    noworkout likes this.
    02-07-14 08:04 AM
    appreciate the help!
    02-07-14 08:07 AM
    would love to see some more q10 users help out!
    02-07-14 08:07 AM
    1) Yes many Maps
    2) Yes its got Flash
    3) Not sure i don't want to log in with my Apple ID. Seems to have problem scrolling though.
    4) Yes, I don't have an account but seems to work well.

Downloaded BOA from SNAP and took screenshot, then downloaded Imessage from 1 Mobile. These screens are from my q10 not z10.

Possible switch from iPhone 5 to Q10.-img_20140207_224539.png

Possible switch from iPhone 5 to Q10.-img_20140207_224743.png
    02-07-14 08:51 AM
    thanks man appreciate it, yeah it recommends you create a extra apple id just for this. if you do continue your experience with the imessage let us know!
    02-07-14 08:56 AM
    Ok, So A lot of the people my company were forced to get rid of their BB10 phones and go to Apple. i did a small survey and 70% are upset that they had to switch. they preferred the BB10.

I would go with the q10, if i were you.
    02-07-14 10:08 AM
    wow, thats a great survey. why would a company give up bb10 security to go with apple?
    02-07-14 10:12 AM
    I have a q10 and an iphone 5. I am unable to solely use my q10. I still do not have 10.2 on verizon. I have sideloaded apps and have been very disappointed. Many apps don't work or only work partially. They are not scaled to the q10 screen. The ability to directly download with 10.2 will not solve that problem. Almost none of the apps I use on iphone are available on q10. Also professional apps are not available. I can honestly say the q10 is substandard to iphone, and my goal was to do what you want- substitute the iphone for q10. I am waiting for the OS update to see if that helps. If not, I'll ditch the q10 at contract end. Also, the q10 keeps dropping my email and I have to reenter passwords for no reason. This never happens on iphone. I love the little q10 and don't mind the small screen. I watch stuff on it a lot over wi-fi in airports, etc. I love the hub and, of course, the keyboard which is why I bought it. I hate typing on iphone. But, as a non- tech average user, I can't say it is superior to any other platform. Phones are only superior to me if they do what I need them to do. The iphone does, but the q10 doesn't. I will not risk my warranty or phone by sideloading a leaked OS. You may not mind this, but I do and feel I shouldn't have to tinker with an expensive phone to make it do what iphone does out of the box. Make sure you have legitimate access through your carrier to the updated OS. Don't buy the q10 until you have the updated OS or you will be seriously disappointed in app selection and shocked at the difference between choice and quality between the apple app store and BlackBerry's app store- I know I was. If I hadn't overlapped the use of the two phones to test it out before I switched, I would have had to return the q10. You can research BlackBerry apps on the Internet to see what is available before you buy. They are going to work best with the q10. Due to the screen size difference the z10 and z30 users can't really help you. The size makes a difference on sideloaded apps or directly downloaded android apps. For instance, I won't give up the money apps I've always used on iphone but cannot scroll down to see the rest of the screen on the q10 sideloaded app, since they are designed to be seen all at once on the screen without scrolling. Therefore, I can't use them on the q10. Don't fall for the myth that access to android apps on BlackBerry 10 "closes the app gap." Not true for q10 users. If you can find someone with a q10 and the updated OS, they can test some things out for you- hard to do in the US unless they loaded a leak. If not, do not buy a q10 on contract until we get the updated OS. Without access to android apps, you will be disappointed coming from iphone which has everything. Then you'll have to see if they fit your screen, and there is no promise that the android apps will have full functionality and support. If not, and you can't see your info, the app will be useless to you. Also, I remain concerned about continuing carrier and BlackBerry support. I don't want phone trouble since I rely on it more than my computer. I've never had a problem with apple support. My sister's iphone crashed, and apple geve her a brand new one- no questions asked- seconds after she walked into the store. Would BlackBerry do that? I don't know...I use my phone for everything, but iphone users going to the q10 have cause for concern. Do your research before buying especially if you are giving up one for the other...I understand after using both simultaneously why BlackBerry had so many returns.

Posted via CB10
    noworkout and JesseBabe23 like this.
    02-07-14 11:14 AM
    Also,as far as banking apps, you will have to sideload them. None of my banking apps are in BlackBerry world. None of my other financial apps- insurance apps, finance trackers, etc. are in BlackBerry world app store. I rely on these heavily and daily, especially when I travel which is always- and I need access to them. If you want yours, you'll have to sideload them.

Posted via CB10
    noworkout likes this.
    02-07-14 11:25 AM
    Also, keep in mind, I wanted to move solely to BlackBerry for security reasons. While the new OS will allow android downloads, you may have little choice in what permissions you give that app. I don't want to meander off into a security thread, as there are plenty of those. But I can control permissions on iphone and native BlackBerry apps. I wasn't able to control permissions on most of my sideloaded android apps, so most were deleted. I refuse to download from 1mobile (when the new OS is available) as it is a Chinese app store. I certainly wouldn't download my banking apps from them! The ability to download/sideload android is not all its cracked up to be. Even though you CAN do it, you may decide against it.

Posted via CB10
    noworkout likes this.
    02-07-14 11:42 AM
    wow, thank you for your post it really helped out. If i do purchase a q10 i will still keep my iphone5 to see if the q10 can really fit it for what i really need it to do just to be on the safe side. i understand your point of view 100% they need to not just focus on getting these apk files out, but they should be tested to work on all bb10 devices. hopefully when you get 10.2 you can get what you need to keep the q10. its sad that a business phone does not have the native apps for the financial world. how do your side loaded financial apps work on your q10? planning to go back to apple?
    JesseBabe23 likes this.
    02-07-14 11:43 AM
    bbq10l you right about this one. who wants to download banking apps from somewhere we know is not bbSecurity safe?
    02-07-14 11:48 AM
    In reply to everything bbq101 wrote, heres what you do.. spend 4 dollars to get a canadian sim card from rogers or another canadain company on ebay. Update your Blackberry Q10 to 10.2.1 using that sim card over a wifi connection. You don't have to "sideload" Android Apps... with 10.2.1 you can bluetooth, email, direct download, BBM, Whataspp these APKS..

Heres' capital one on my q10.. works fine.. can scroll up and down and use the app.
    Possible switch from iPhone 5 to Q10.-img_20140208_014900.png

Possible switch from iPhone 5 to Q10.-img_20140208_015011.png
    SDTRMG, JesseBabe23 and noworkout like this.
    02-07-14 11:55 AM
    I switched from iphone5 to q10. I solved a lot of things I miss by just having an android tablet for media consumption on the side.

Posted from Q10SQN100-1/10.2.1.1925
    noworkout likes this.
    02-07-14 11:58 AM
    I still have the q10 and the iphone5. At the end of the q10 contract I'll have to make a decision, as I refuse to carry two phones (except for my present exeriment) and I really don't want to spend the money on two phones. I can travel with only my iphone now without even a laptop. I can't travel with only my q10. I deleted my sideloaded banking apps. They made me nervous with no permission selection and the need to scroll down. I will wait to see what the updated OS is like but still won't allow apps on my phone that don't allow permission controls. We will have to see. Presently, my little q10 is my "backup" phone but I really love it- I like the size, love the keyboard, and am ok with the small screen. I hope I can keep it but don't know yet. Also, as you research BlackBerry World on the net, make sure you pay attention to the OS choices. Just because something works on os7 doesn't mean it works on os10. Click on OS 10 choices, and you will see what apps work on that OS. My phone needs are both professional and personal - business use + fun apps, TV shows, etc. due to lots of travel and downtime in airports. One phone has to meet all my needs...we will see...

Posted via CB10
    02-07-14 11:58 AM
    bbq10l you right about this one. who wants to download banking apps from somewhere we know is not bbSecurity safe?
    Im using the offical Capital One Mobile app from the google play store. Has a million+ downloads and 22,000 reviews... works perfectly on my q10.
    noworkout likes this.
    02-07-14 12:05 PM
    In reply to everything bbq101 wrote, heres what you do.. spend 4 dollars to get a canadian sim card from rogers or another canadain company on ebay. Update your Blackberry Q10 to 10.2.1 using that sim card over a wifi connection. You don't have to "sideload" Android Apps... with 10.2.1 you can bluetooth, email, direct download, BBM, Whataspp these APKS..

Heres' capital one on my q10.. works fine.. can scroll up and down and use the app.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20140208_014900.png 
Views:	599 
Size:	116.5 KB 
ID:	245877

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20140208_015011.png 
Views:	597 
Size:	93.5 KB 
ID:	245878
    I am aware that this is possible, and I am sure the OP is too. That doesn't solve the problem we are discussing. Directly downloaded or sideloaded apps are still android apps on your phone. Downloading the OS with a Canadian sim is something most people will not do. It is still an OS on my phone that is not supported by my carrier. That is still a leaked OS. No one should have to do this, and on iphone, we don't. Downloaded android apps via the new OS will address none of the issues we are discussing.

Posted via CB10
    noworkout likes this.
    02-07-14 12:09 PM
    that disclaimer under the capital one app worries me.
    bbq10l likes this.
    02-07-14 12:17 PM
66 123