I notice pin messages are different colour (red) to email, sms messages (black)

I have 3 email accounts & sms running to same inbox, Is it possible to set different colour for sms & email accounts?

I notice you can set different colours for opened message (but of course you have to open it first)
    08-30-10 06:58 AM
    Ok your post is a little confusing, assuming you aren't referring to the LED color because black wouldn't make much sense, so what exactly are you referring to?
    08-30-10 07:04 AM
    Do you mean the LED color? or the font color?

oops! didn't see the post above mine
    08-30-10 07:07 AM
    No, only PIN messages can be changed to either red or black. It might be possible with a theme, but I don't think so.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-30-10 07:51 AM
    Well I actually found options to change colour to whatever you lik
    But you can only set pin messages and 'everthing else'
    You can't set different colours for different email accounts which is shame

08-30-10 08:00 AM
    Well how about telling us where these options are to change the color to whatever you like. The only setting I've found is Messages> Options> General Options> Display PIN Messages in Red, you can select yes or no. If you have a 3rd party theme please tell us which one you're using.

08-30-10 08:09 AM
    I could be wrong but I found
    Oprtions/Security options/General setting/Enterprise messages + other messages

08-30-10 08:44 AM
    I could be wrong but I found
    Oprtions/Security options/General setting/Enterprise messages + other messages

I'm fairly sure it has something to do with the fact that you're on BES, when i go to security options, I'm on BIS, there is no "general setting"
    08-30-10 09:15 AM
    Well I actually found options to change colour to whatever you lik
    But you can only set pin messages and 'everthing else'
    You can't set different colours for different email accounts which is shame

If you are willing to spend a few bucks, you should download Berry Buzz. Let's you customize the LED color for different events/apps/contacts/etc.

It's a great purchase. However, if you are in fact on a BES, you might be restricted from downloading apps to the device......

But you should look into it. Perhaps, even if app downloads are blocked for you, you might have a company policy in place that allows for approved exceptions.
    08-30-10 11:03 AM
    If you are willing to spend a few bucks, you should download Berry Buzz. Let's you customize the LED color for different events/apps/contacts/etc.

It's a great purchase. However, if you are in fact on a BES, you might be restricted from downloading apps to the device......

But you should look into it. Perhaps, even if app downloads are blocked for you, you might have a company policy in place that allows for approved exceptions.
    I think, and he can correct me if I'm wrong, that the OP was talking about changing the color of the txt, like pin messages show up red...etc
    08-30-10 11:11 AM
    What is a shame is that you can actually set different colours for messages from different email accounts (which i am using) but those colours are just borders around the email which you can only see when their open - not sure why those same colour schemes couldn't been extended to show up in email list
    08-30-10 11:11 AM
    I know of ACE Email Viewer. It will let you pick colors for text for viewing on your BB. Empower Email Viewer is another. It will allow colored headers but not the text. I use the latter.
    08-30-10 11:18 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD