Okay, I'm not sure what to say about this, but BerryScoop pointed out an image from one of the slides shown in today's Super App Blackberry Webcast. There is a picture of a Storm2 with some strangely unseen UI on it. Did someone screw up and slip an image of the new OS in it?

Here's the article:

Speculation: What If This Was RIM's Next OS?? | BerryScoop

The image:

What do you guys think?
    02-25-10 02:25 PM
    Looking at the three dots in the bottom, it appears that this is one of three multiple home screens. Those card-like objects in the bottom seem to be apps running in the background?

This is probably just a mock up, or we're looking too much into this. My hopes are that someone really did screw up, because I'm liking what I see.
    02-25-10 02:27 PM
    Can't really say any of that is game changing...

Looks like a mashup of a couple different ui's and most of those features are already available (except for generic stuff like "presence / availability awareness" since I'm not sure what that's supposed to mean...).

Most of those features seem more like app suggestions than general OS suggestions...
    02-25-10 02:31 PM
    This slide was from the live webcast they were doing today. The points made in the slides were in no way referencing the new OS. They were aimed at application development.

The main focal point of this is that a mock-up of a 'possible' new OS maybe have been slipped into the slide unnoticeably.
    02-25-10 02:34 PM
    Can't really say any of that is game changing...

Looks like a mashup of a couple different ui's and most of those features are already available (except for generic stuff like "presence / availability awareness" since I'm not sure what that's supposed to mean...).

Most of those features seem more like app suggestions than general OS suggestions...
    Honestly, I'm not looking for anything game changing, but if RIM can improve on what they have now and keep up with other platforms, then that's sufficient. I'm more curious to see how they plan on handling applications running in the background, etc.

Other than that, this UI just looks like a glorified theme with today features.
    02-25-10 02:37 PM
    one word

Terrible.
    02-25-10 02:54 PM
    that looks like dog ****.
    02-25-10 03:21 PM
    one word

Terrible.
    LMAO. We should turn this thing into a poll.
    02-25-10 03:27 PM
    I don't think this is a new OS. There's no battery indicator, sound profile or signal strength. It could be a new integrated social networking app or something
    02-25-10 03:38 PM
    well. It looks ok. Maybe something that would have been considered "Descent"... maybe 6 months ago. But compared to the Hero's seven screens and all the Android devices those three little dots at the bottom look pretty crappy.. I know if that was the next OS I would stay with 5.0 or switch to a Droid
    02-25-10 03:45 PM
    It's been then what we've got now for a homescreen.
    02-25-10 03:56 PM
    Looks to me a little like sense ui

careful rim, no more patent suits ok!!
    02-25-10 04:40 PM
    Looks to me a little like sense ui

careful rim, no more patent suits ok!!
    02-25-10 04:41 PM
    Look closely at the SMS icon, the little talk bubble, and look at the phone icon. Do those look strangely familiar to those of the iPhone to anyone besides me?
    02-25-10 04:46 PM
    Actually looks more like the N97 s60v5 widget homescreen imo...

Also pretty sure those icons didn't originate on the iphone. They're generic as ****...
    02-25-10 04:47 PM
    Very cool find!

And I actually like the looks of it, but only for the larger screens.
    02-25-10 06:29 PM
    anybody else notice that it has one digital clock and one analog clock right beside eachother
    02-25-10 06:58 PM
    I wrote the article on BerryScoop, and this is the kind of discussion I was wanting people to have in the comments :P.

I personally have mixed feelings about the look of this... Thanks for posting this up for a discussion somewhere.. carry on here or in the comments on the site..
    02-25-10 07:13 PM
    looks horrible.. lets hope they dont follow androids multi homescreen UI
    And why would that be a bad thing?
    02-25-10 07:16 PM
    I wrote the article on BerryScoop, and this is the kind of discussion I was wanting people to have in the comments :P.

I personally have mixed feelings about the look of this... Thanks for posting this up for a discussion somewhere.. carry on here or in the comments on the site..
    Honestly, when comparing to what we have now, it looks great, lol. As far as a solution and an answer to other platforms out there, this would definitely not be enough.

It still looks very limited, but I'm pretty sure this is just a mockup.
    02-25-10 07:18 PM
    Honestly, when comparing to what we have now, it looks great, lol. As far as a solution and an answer to other platforms out there, this would definitely not be enough.

It still looks very limited, but I'm pretty sure this is just a mockup.
    I was told shortly after posting the article that everything that is seen in that mock up is possible through BlackBerry Theme Studio, I am not sure if that is 100% true. Would be interesting to see it done with a theme.
    02-25-10 08:27 PM
    I was told shortly after posting the article that everything that is seen in that mock up is possible through BlackBerry Theme Studio, I am not sure if that is 100% true. Would be interesting to see it done with a theme.
    That's interesting. I've seen some amazing things done on the side of themes already. So, you could be right. I just hope this whole OS refresh thing that RIM comes out with isn't just a glorified theme that's laggy.
    02-25-10 10:30 PM
    couldnt agree more.... ill stick to what they have now i guess
    02-25-10 11:27 PM
    Looks better than what we have. The bottom almost looks like a widget bar..
    02-26-10 02:31 AM
    Looks like the Palm WebOS cards concept. I'm not a big of fan of this as it takes up too much screen real estate. I would like it if you could activate the cards view by pushing the menu button, or swipe the screen. Definitely a touch screen thing.
    Last edited by berryaddictnoza; 02-26-10 at 05:52 AM.
    02-26-10 05:43 AM
27 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD