02-27-14 06:56 AM
    I will say that when blackberry is ready to have a true mobile computing interface, then they will come out with a tablet. I truly think blackberry will be on three "Glass Surfaces." 1. Smartphone. 2. Tablet. 3. Desktop. I think the smartphone will be a major component very similar to the ASUS PadPhone. The smartphone will be what you plug into the tablet or desktop and off you go, continuing to work on what it is you are working on, while still getting messages.
    johnm137 likes this.
    02-27-14 07:04 AM
    I wouldn't be at all surprised if the next time they go near the tablet market would be to bring a bridge app to ios and android devices, there just isn't the money to be made in the tablet market.
    02-27-14 10:45 AM
    If they make a new PlayBook....

1. More screen, less bezel.

2. Keep the speaker design and hdmi out.

3. Improve the camera and software, add a flash.

4. 4GB of RAM for future proofing and better multitasking.

5. Top end Adreno (mobile Radeon) video chipset.

8. Top end quad core ARM CPU (a 2.7GHz quad vs. 1.8GHz octo, the quad would be better for almost all software used on a tablet).

9. 7" and 10" screen sizes, same specs and resolution.

10. 1080p resolution with at least 32GB of storage.

That would make it worthwhile buying over another brand as well as a functional upgrade to the original PlayBook - the new one would be a gaming and media powerhouse, the original one is still fine for farting around.

Magnificently composed using CB10 on my BB Z10!
    02-27-14 01:48 PM
    I'd buy one

Posted via CB10
    jonp likes this.
    02-28-14 12:32 AM
    Me too. It would be a nice item to have.
    02-28-14 06:34 AM
    If they do by the time they do most will have moved on to different tablets already. I guess there will always be some with theirs getting old at that time but will they be too invested in another system already? I would rather see them enhance bridge to work with any current tablet around. The phone and tablet business is saturated, most players make little on especially tablets unless you're apple.
    02-28-14 06:47 AM
    I will buy one for sure. Playing games on big screen will be awesome.

Posted via CB10
    03-01-14 02:10 PM
    I have been hoping for this but I'm not expecting a pb2 anytime soon!

Posted via CB10
    03-02-14 06:59 AM
    If they came out with a new tablet, I would totally buy it. I love my PlayBook, but it would be way better if it had more power running BB10. However, as many have said in the past the Tablet market is quite saturated at the moment, so even if they come out with an app that basically gives you bridge capabilities on an iPad or Android tablet, I'd be okay with that. Not as ideal in my opinion, but would still be nice.
    03-02-14 05:11 PM
    Don't know if this a stupid or even feasible idea, but could they make a tablet that is basically a housing with say a battery, screen, hdmi, usb, seperate memory card, etc. Then you open the back and plug your devise into it and use it as the "brains"? You'd think this would be able to be done fairly cheaply yes?

This would give them a cheap tablet for the crowd that wants them (the ones with the high level bbrys) .

Posted via Q10, awaitng a slider.
    03-02-14 06:42 PM
    They just need to make a dumb screen that docks a phone in the back and runs the phone OS. Just a screen and battery.. make it $100

Posted by a leaky CB10.1
    03-03-14 06:03 PM
    They just need to make a dumb screen that docks a phone in the back and runs the phone OS. Just a screen and battery.. make it $100

Posted by a leaky CB10.1
    Agree, but it's not that simple. I don't like the dock idea. Doing it wireless would be great. The big device as the thin client

Posted via CB10
    03-04-14 04:57 AM
    Please do not call it PlayBook whatever they do!!!
    03-07-14 02:08 PM
    Playtablet sounds a lot better

Posted by a leaky CB10.1
    03-08-14 11:23 AM
    I'd like a BlackBerry PlayBook that I could back up my BlackBerry phone with. If would be a nice feature

Posted via CB10
    03-16-14 12:39 AM
    I still use my PlayBook for work (I do a lot of presentations, so the HDMI out on the PlayBook and Bridge Control on my Z10 is super handy), but that's kind of it. When it first came out I loved it because with Bridge I could do everything I would normally do on my phone but with a bigger screen and a better functioning OS. Now it's hard to justify when my phone is so much more efficient. It's mainly just a work tool now, which I'm okay with as I don't really need a tablet. But if they ever did come out with a PlayBook 2, I'm sure I could justify the cash for an upgrade!
    03-16-14 01:25 AM
    I still use my PlayBook for work (I do a lot of presentations, so the HDMI out on the PlayBook and Bridge Control on my Z10 is super handy), but that's kind of it. When it first came out I loved it because with Bridge I could do everything I would normally do on my phone but with a bigger screen and a better functioning OS. Now it's hard to justify when my phone is so much more efficient. It's mainly just a work tool now, which I'm okay with as I don't really need a tablet. But if they ever did come out with a PlayBook 2, I'm sure I could justify the cash for an upgrade!
    Yes, my wallet is already hurting....

"No Q10?" -> "Buy from Chen... "
    04-09-14 08:55 AM
    Short term memory is all I'm saying around here

Posted by a leaky CB10.1
    kbz1960, lnichols, TGR1 and 1 others like this.
    04-11-14 07:18 PM
    I'd like a kind of wireless dumb tablet, like how the Wii U's tablet works.
    04-13-14 12:12 AM
    I hope they are working on this or they plan to once the Z3 and Q20 have been released.

Posted via CB10
    johnm137 likes this.
    04-13-14 01:39 PM
    Me too. It would be a nice item to have.
    Me 3!

Posted via CB10
    04-13-14 08:22 PM
    The timing will never be right....

For a Tablet to succeed it MUST have an ecosystem, even more than a smartphone needs one....
    kbz1960 and richardat like this.
    04-14-14 12:47 PM
    The timing will never be right....

For a Tablet to succeed it MUST have an ecosystem, even more than a smartphone needs one....
    It would be beyond absurd for them to entertain the notion even for a second. Might as well burry money - and the failed tablet - in the desert!
    04-14-14 01:31 PM
    I'd like a kind of wireless dumb tablet, like how the Wii U's tablet works.
    Yep, I can see BlackBerry doing that, they are just about stupid enough to take a product that has killed one previous world leading company and then copy the idea and finally fatally shoot themselves in the foot.

Please no. Playbook one was a dumb as you could get at launch.

Sent from my XT1033 using Tapatalk
    04-14-14 01:45 PM
35 12