I think my wifi service book is corrupted as it won't acquire device gateway. I would like to get another BB service book (wifi only) and put it to my BB.

Not sure if it's possible to do that as I do not want to restore from backup, just want to change the 2 wifi service book.

Thanks.
    03-11-13 04:36 PM
    Which BlackBerry do you have?

Have you tried resending your service books?

Posted via CB10 from my Z
    03-11-13 07:43 PM
    9800 Torch. The one I am thinking is 9700 Bold. the 9800 Torch is currently on roaming, but unable to connect to BIS via wifi. It could do it earlier, but it's not. Of course, the 9800 has a valid BIS plan therefore it should be able to connect BIS via wifi.
    03-11-13 10:15 PM
    Have you tried simply resending the service books? It can be done from the carrier BIS portal, or going into "options" > "device" > "advanced system settings" > "host routing table" > while in the list, click the menu button, select "register now".
    03-11-13 11:30 PM
    @joeldf, thank you for your advise, but like I mentioned before, the phone is on roaming, so it's not possible to have SB resends if it's on roaming.
    03-12-13 12:40 AM
    Do you have a BIS activated SIM in the phone? Your BIS service is associated with the SIM and the phone, so you need the SIM in the phone to get BIS over wifi, even if you have no cellular network where you are trying to do it over wifi.
    03-12-13 07:26 AM
    yes, I have a BIS activated SIM on the phone. But I still can not connect BBM via WIFI or BIS via wifi. It's strange that it worked before but not anymore.
    03-12-13 07:37 PM
    BIS over Wifi is also an option a Carrier controls. It is not really clear, but are you roaming with your home SIM card or one for the country you are in? If you put a different carrier's SIM Into Your phone, the BIS would have pushed their service books and you would have to setup on their BIS server. You will probably not be able to get your home carrier's service books until you are on their SIM and may need to be on their network.

As for uploading the service books, I think there was a thread somewhere on the forums for people trying to use phones unsupported on a network by extracting the service books from a model working on the network. It may be tmobile or sprint related and in the 9900 forum.
    03-12-13 08:54 PM
    @joeldf, thank you for your advise, but like I mentioned before, the phone is on roaming, so it's not possible to have SB resends if it's on roaming.
    Do you have a PC with you on which you've made a Backup using DM?
    Perform a selective Restore using DM, and only select Service Books.
    03-12-13 10:17 PM
    @robsteve, yes, I am roaming with my home SIM. hmm, it's interesting you mention BIS over wifi is carrier control. Could it be possible that carrier found out about my BIS via wifi in roaming country and disabled (banned) my phone number? Because the first time I turned on my BB in roaming country, it worked like a charm. Then 5 hours later, suddenly stop and it never works again.

I never put another provider SIM card on my phone as I want to preserve the service books. I notice that once the carrier 'cut' off my BIS via wifi access, my BB behave as if there is no SIM card inside the phone. The WIFI service book behaves the same with or without sim card. Essentially my sim card inside the phone does nothing at all, it's as if it does not exist. My BB is like a dummy phone.

@elite1, before I turn on my BB when roaming, the first thing I did was to backup the entire phone and then I back up again just the service book only to ensure that it works. Then I turn the BB on, BIS via wifi worked for 5 hours then it stop working until today.
    03-12-13 10:31 PM
    I am in Canada and have never had any problems roaming with a Rogers SIM, but I think some of the American carriers make you call and have international roaming turned on for the phone to work out of the country.
    03-13-13 02:17 PM