Hi I just bought my first bluetooth headset (Samsung WEP 200). I was wondering if there was any way to listen to my music using the bluetooth? It seems like I can only use it for phone features. When I play music on my Blackberry 8830 it plays on speakerphone and there wasn't an option to change the audio output to bluetooth that I saw. I have a long commute and it would be SO nice if I could listen to music using my blackberry/bluetooth because it would save me the trouble of having to carry my iPod around. Plus I can listen during work without people noticing heh.
    11-23-07 11:00 PM
    You can listen via bluetooth headset using the 3rd party mediaPlayer from Dollars5. A quick google search will bring them up.
    11-24-07 08:02 PM
    Think the 83xx models support it native right? Not sure about the 88xx

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-24-07 08:05 PM
    The 8830 will support stereo bluetooth but not sure about the standard bluetooth.
    11-24-07 08:15 PM
    thx for the info john. unfortunately im stingy so I don't wanna pay 20 bucks for a media program. I wish there was a free one out there to allow music to play on a standard bluetooth for an 88xx. Also, the stereo bluetooths that are out there don't look very professional and i'd look goofy on the job wearing those since you need it on both ears.
    Last edited by benp311; 11-25-07 at 12:58 PM.
    11-25-07 12:55 PM
    I'm in a similar situation. I was hoping this thread would have a simple, and cheap, option. But I might just have to bite the bullet and try J.C.'s suggestion.
    11-26-07 10:30 PM
    I found the answer to it all. Its called the Jabra BT8040. It is a bluetooth that can be used for stereo but it only goes in one ear, not two like the other ones they have out there to listen to music on. Just found it today and bought it and I am so happy I finally figured it out
    08-12-08 11:00 PM
    I found the answer to it all. Its called the Jabra BT8040. It is a bluetooth that can be used for stereo but it only goes in one ear, not two like the other ones they have out there to listen to music on. Just found it today and bought it and I am so happy I finally figured it out
    Plantronics also has a unit that allows you to disconnect the second earpiece. I believe it is their voyager 855 model, only thing is its $120 but it works great.

Also, in xplayer(free) there is a setting to have audio routed to "bluetooth". I don't know whether that is meant for stereo or mono headsets but I haven't been able to get this option to work yet.

08-13-08 07:17 PM
    I recently found out that my Jawbone II can do this.
    08-13-08 09:45 PM
    Was this through the bb media player or through a third party player???
    10-01-08 08:55 PM
    I can see that someone got their Jawbone II to work. Can you share how?

Thanks,
    03-25-09 11:38 AM
    Just an update. I was able to listen to music when listening to Slacker radio but not the media player.
    03-25-09 12:00 PM
    Hi

Can you tell me how this works I have a Jawbone 2

Thanks

Dai
    05-21-09 08:19 AM
    Hi

Did you manage to find out how the Jawbone works with music
    05-21-09 08:20 AM
    I'm not sure how it works, but it was just working after setting it up. I broke my Jawbone and wouldn't be able to test it out now. The only headset that I was able to do this with aside from the JB II was my wired headsets from Apple on the iPhone.
    06-07-09 10:06 AM
    I'm not sure how it works, but it was just working after setting it up. I broke my Jawbone and wouldn't be able to test it out now. The only headset that I was able to do this with aside from the JB II was my wired headsets from Apple on the iPhone.
    I apologize, but I failed to mention that this was all on my iPhone. Not sure if the berry can do it as I don't put music on it.
    06-07-09 11:18 AM
    Regarding xplayer, I just installed v1.7.1, set the "Playback Audio Path" option to Bluetooth (under Settings, General), and it played through my mono Plantronics Voyager Pro without a problem.
    12-29-09 07:07 AM
    Just an update. I was able to listen to music when listening to Slacker radio but not the media player.
    Jawbone has an "updater" to fix the problem, yet it did not work for my Jawbone 2. I was recently told that the newest OS will not let you media files through bluetooth. I have, however been able to listen to pandora and slacker through bluetooth..... Hope this helps.

BOLD9700
    10-31-10 04:08 PM
    Jawbone icon allows media streaming from the native media player. You have to go to jawbones site and download the new firmware. I believe for any earpeice to work it requires the stereo headset profile which the new Firmware gives the icon. If your earpeice only has the handsfree profile, then your sol unfortunatly.

11-09-10 06:55 PM
    works on Pandora but not my built in MP3 player

i'm using a Berry 8530. sad part is any music through my bluetooth headset is so low i can barely hear it
    10-31-11 09:16 AM
    Download Music Skin from Blackberry App World. It'll cost $3.99 but its worth the money. You don't need any extra configurations as long as your headset is paired to your phone. It should work with any type of headset.

Last edited by Maslocado; 11-29-11 at 06:09 AM.
    11-29-11 05:58 AM
    I have a testimony to share,,My Name is Mrs koketso am from the
    United State Of America am now 54years old Am a Medical doctor in
    California,I married for about 24years ago without any child then me
    and my husband go for an adoption of 2kids male/female.
    Last years something wonderful and gracious happened to me i came
    across this witch doctor IMONG in the internet that promise to help me
    get pregnant which i totally disagree,,,How can i be pregnant looking
    my age he ask me not to worry that he only specialize on pregnancy no
    other. That after the job has been completed there is no any side
    effect,that was how he told me what to do which i did, could you
    believe i miss my periodical time that same Month and i was
    pregnant.Today am now the happiest woman on Earth,,While am i testify
    to this site i know there are a lot of people that are in this kind of
    trouble some will decide to commit suicide.
    please just do and contact him for help make him to understand that
    Mrs koketso from USA direceted you, his email
    imongspiritualtemple@priest.com or websit
    IMONG SPIRITUAL ANGELIC TEMPLE
    10-15-13 10:12 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD