Id like to be able to access my BES and have affordable voice, in Israel, on the same sim card.

Is this possible?

If so, can you point me in the right direction with regard to where I can buy one of these?
    08-16-11 03:23 PM
    Yes. There are vendors for all carriers, they offer temporary BB plans for your stay. Most major shopping malls have either stores or booths selling cards.

There are 3 carriers, I remember at least a couple offering a BB plan. Orange, Cellcom and Pelephone.

If you only need a prepaid sim card, those are sold in corner stores and vending machines under the names BigTalk and TalkMan.

Also, T-Mobile at least offers an international BB email and text only plan for a reasonable price. Not sure how it works exactly.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by synthmole; 08-16-11 at 03:32 PM.
    kwitel likes this.
    08-16-11 03:29 PM
    Yes. There are vendors for all carriers, they offer temporary BB plans for your stay. Most major shopping malls have either stores or booths selling cards.

There are 3 carriers, I remember at least a couple offering a BB plan. Orange, Cellcom and Pelephone.

If you only need a prepaid sim card, those are sold in corner stores and vending machines under the names BigTalk and TalkMan.

Also, T-Mobile at least offers an international BB email and text only plan for a reasonable price. Not sure how it works exactly.

Thanks.

What do you mean by "If I only need a prepaid sim card"? Arent all rim cards prepaid?
    I need a sim card/plan that can handle both BES and voice.
    Do I call Orange or Cellcom directly for that?
    08-16-11 03:36 PM
    I think he meant if you just need a prepaid SIM for calls/texts. For BlackBerry services you would need one of the other three he mentioned.

08-16-11 05:03 PM
    Get in touch with talknsave they specialize in plans for ppl rtraveling rto israel. They won't be dirt cheap but if your going for something like 2 weeks it may pay off. Whatever you do be careful and don't make the mistake I made when I went to israel. Make sure you DON'T get yourself into an 18 month contract if you don't need to. Otherwise I had no problems with cellcom. Talknsave did not offer BIS services then but now they do.

08-16-11 06:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD