Hello,

I have a Bold and it cannot connect to the my router reliably as it will connect for a few minutes and then it will lose connectivity although the wifi indicator still shows it as being connected, then suddenly it'll work again, and loses the connection, rinse and repeat. I have similar problem with my laptop, a Dell Mini 10v that cannot maintain steady connection for more than 5 minutes, before dropping off and having to reconnect again. I fixed the problem with the Dell laptop by switching the channel to 11 from 6 and for the channel width to be u-40 MHz instead of 20 MHz on the Broadcom wireless card. The Dell laptop stops having connectivity problem and can now hold steady wireless connectivity. I am just wondering if this is possible to do with the Bold as well, I have looked everywhere in the setting and I can't find any place to override the automatic setting. From the diagnostics, I can see that Bold connects to the wireless network using channel 6.

My router is a 2Wire DSL modem/router from Qwest and I use WPA-PSK for security. My Bold is on .266 OS.

Any thoughts?
    10-17-09 12:03 AM
    I dont' have an answer, but I sympathize and want to bump this thread because I have intermittant wifi connection at home as well. Hoping somebody can suggest a solution.....

thanks
    scott
    11-01-09 05:55 AM
    Forgot to update this thread: I tried to connect to other WiFi hotspots, one at the local public library, and one at a car dealership. At other APs, the Bold can connect reliably and fast, just not with the DSL modem/wireless router I have at home that is a 2Wire one. So it seems to be AP-specific problem in my case. The other APs are open APs but I have tried disabling all the protection on the 2Wire router too, still the same problem.

My conclusion is, Bold wifi problem is most likely AP-specific.
    11-01-09 12:16 PM
    I have similar issues in my apartment; I believe the problem is due to the fact that I have approximately 30 other wireless networks in my building! When I use my phone on other wifi networks, I normally have a very solid connection.
    11-02-09 01:57 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD