I came across this article suggesting security conscious government groups like the DoD are going to be dropping iPhones for Privs due to secret agreements. Any validity to the source and story?

How a Secret Strategy Helps BlackBerry and Microsoft Solve Government?s Mobile Problem

Posted via CB10
    04-21-16 03:03 PM
    I came across this article suggesting security conscious government groups like the DoD are going to be dropping iPhones for Privs due to secret agreements. Any validity to the source and story?

How a Secret Strategy Helps BlackBerry and Microsoft Solve Government?s Mobile Problem

Posted via CB10
    Enderle. I would take this breathless gossip piece with a bit of a grain of salt.

Two companies claiming to shoehorn a partnership without even a hint of cooperation from the two companies most needed for the partnership? Leverage some unknown advantage(s) and agreement(s) to get significant uptake for two really slow selling platforms? Relying on past history (BBRY security) of services that have not been clearly demonstrated for the new phone platform in question and a hope that current reported uptake of the other platform (Surface) will be a boost?

IMO it sounds more like a sales pitch. Color me highly skeptical.

ETA: I think the Priv is too expensive still for such uptake. If this is being done for both MS and BBRY phones, I suspect a lot more Windows phones get moved than Privs.
    04-21-16 03:20 PM
    Enderle. I would take this breathless gossip piece with a bit of a grain of salt.

Two companies claiming to shoehorn a partnership without even a hint of cooperation from the two companies most needed for the partnership? Leverage some unknown advantage(s) and agreement(s) to get significant uptake for two really slow selling platforms? Relying on past history (BBRY security) of services that have not been clearly demonstrated for the new phone platform in question and a hope that current reported uptake of the other platform (Surface) will be a boost?

IMO it sounds more like a sales pitch. Color me highly skeptical.

ETA: I think the Priv is too expensive still for such uptake. If this is being done for both MS and BBRY phones, I suspect a lot more Windows phones get moved than Privs.
    I don't think they would be buying Privs at retail price, so the price may not be too expensive.

Posted via CB10
    04-21-16 03:33 PM
    Enderle wrote it? You need several truckloads of salt with this one.
    Last edited by MikeX74; 04-21-16 at 05:56 PM.
    app_Developer and TGR1 like this.
    04-21-16 03:46 PM
    Anything written by Rob Enderle, the "legendary" analyst who has the uncanny ability to get things completely wrong most of the time should be taken as light-hearted joke.
    app_Developer and TGR1 like this.
    04-21-16 06:50 PM
    At the end the day the DOD has a whole has come to the conclusion that they should not be dependent on one device manufacture and thus DOD is a mix bag when it come to devices.

Posted via CB10
    04-22-16 05:20 AM
    Thanks for the responses. I'm not familiar with the author.

Posted via CB10
    04-22-16 06:13 PM