Saw this on Engadget earlier,

QNX unveils Jeep Wrangler reference vehicle for off-road Facebookers -- Engadget

It irritates me that there is not a single mention of the fact that RIM own's QNX. Especially considering how bad they've been slamming RIM lately.
    06-08-12 05:34 PM
    I so want this in my dodge ram!
    rexxenex likes this.
    06-08-12 05:38 PM
    So they bought out a company, the people who were with it before probably worked on it and are still working on it, all RIM did was write a cheque. Not a biggie for me.
    06-08-12 06:04 PM
    I believe this has been posted already. Still cool regardless
    06-08-12 06:15 PM
    First a 997 now a jeep. I would, ike email both
    06-08-12 06:23 PM
    Saw this on Engadget earlier,

QNX unveils Jeep Wrangler reference vehicle for off-road Facebookers -- Engadget

It irritates me that there is not a single mention of the fact that RIM own's QNX. Especially considering how bad they've been slamming RIM lately.

...then you are just a person who irritates far too easily. The article was about a motor vehicle
    not a tablet or cell phone. What exactly would the story have gained by the mention of RIMs
    acquisition of QNX? If you answered none, you get a gold sticky star.

If you are still irritated may I suggest for future reference: Sticky side down
    06-08-12 08:30 PM
    You cannot shine any positive light on RIM at this point in time... Apparently they don't know what the truck they're doing...
    Just ask WSJ, Engadget, CIO, Ars Technica, All Things Digital, Wired...
    They are the experts after all...

PS: Screw the AOL press peons
    06-08-12 09:52 PM
    Weird.. Chrome made me double post
    06-08-12 09:53 PM
    You cannot shine any positive light on RIM at this point in time... Apparently they don't know what the truck they're doing...
    Just ask WSJ, Engadget, CIO, Ars Technica, All Things Digital, Wired...
    They are the experts after all...

PS: Screw the AOL press peons
    This post is weird as well.
    06-08-12 10:19 PM
    So they bought out a company, the people who were with it before probably worked on it and are still working on it, all RIM did was write a cheque. Not a biggie for me.
    Trivialize much?

Seeing as the head of that acquisition is now the CTO for the whole firm, that's not a terribly accurate characterization IMO.

Unlike many of the faithful here, though, I can understand why the telematics division has to maintain a little distance. For one thing, QNX builds iPhone interfaces for many cars, and Apple may decide not to cooperate on engineering issues if the automotive division is seen as "too BlackBerry".

What this DOES illustrate is that by acquiring QNX they bought themselves a key opportunity in a hugely important space (I've yet to see this confirmed, but I've heard rumors that QNX is the basis for Cadillac's new CUE interface that looks spectacular).

Being in this space expands RIM's influence, even if they don't always get credit.
    06-08-12 10:21 PM
    This post is weird as well.
    If you read them on a daily basis you would understand... Obviously you don't though...

It's like an anti-RIM recovery festival....
    06-08-12 10:22 PM
    If you look closely on the bottom right of the screen of the Nav system, you can see the BlackBerry logo. Could it be BlackBerry Bridge? Would you be able to Bridge your BB to your car in the future? lol
    06-08-12 10:25 PM
    What exactly would the story have gained by the mention of RIMs acquisition of QNX? If you answered none, you get a gold sticky star.
    IMHO, what RIM brought is connectivity and interoperability.
    Go to the web, run (connected) apps, communicate with /drive external devices ...
    QNX was "ready for that", yet RIM engineers brought the "network bridge" stack.
    I have a MyGig REW QNX based inftainement system in my car (Chrysler 300C - 2088), and I can tell that the basis are still here, but there's much more regarding whatever can be considered as "connected", besides the simple BlueTooth capabilities.

P.M me for shipping address ! ;-)
    Last edited by Superfly_FR; 06-09-12 at 06:35 AM.
    06-09-12 06:33 AM
    I wonder if RIM is starting to position QNX more prominently on purpose.

QNX has a way better reputation than BB10. So maybe they are building it up in preparation for launching the new QNX smartphone, instead of a BB10 phone.
    06-09-12 08:04 AM
    I wonder if RIM is starting to position QNX more prominently on purpose.

QNX has a way better reputation than BB10. So maybe they are building it up in preparation for launching the new QNX smartphone, instead of a BB10 phone.
    I don't think so. RIM is in an "anti-puzzle" campaign right now.
    06-09-12 08:49 AM
    It's not even about RIM, it's a car. But there is a blackberry logo, which is cool.
    06-10-12 01:19 AM
    Usually Engadget is pretty good to RIM, not necessarily singing their praises, but they're pretty good about just reporting the news on them whenever anything happens, especially with the PlayBook.
    06-10-12 10:06 AM
    Even if its about cars, I think it's odd that RIM ownership didn't even get a passing mention. Mobilesyrup had the same article and did mention RIM (though i guess it's more relevant to a Canadian blog)

Sent from my BlackBerry 9700 using Tapatalk
    06-12-12 01:26 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD