On the basis of 4.5 star rating and countless glowing reviews I downloaded the (thankfully) free task manager app so that I could kill unnecessary processes.

It doesn't work. It never registers that an app is open.

I went back to the review page and scrolled down. Eventually I found the 1star reviews that stated the app didn't work. They were like harsh little protruding pebbles in a lake of glimmering gold.

All the positive, 5 star reviews seem unrealistic, even if the app HAD done what it claimed.

Is there a way for devs to spam their crap with glowing reviews?

Posted via CB10
    08-22-13 07:03 AM
    It's possible they might have multiple BB & dev devices with different BBID's, plus other people they know.

Or maybe the app really did work for others and it's just "one of those things."
    08-22-13 07:22 AM
    "One of those things" happens a lot in the old Blackberry OS 7 or lower.

Dev has pretty good control over the app development for the new BB10 so "One of those things" rarely happen here
    Elite1 likes this.
    08-22-13 07:24 AM
    It is likely that most people didn't experience what you did. I've downloaded apps that had a couple, "it doesn't work" reviews that worked fine for me.

What version are you running? Type "Myver" and hit the space bar.
    08-22-13 07:24 AM
    I'm running Z10STL100-2/10.1.0.4633

I kind of hope it really is "just one of those things" even if I do hold the short straw!

Posted via CB10
    Elite1 likes this.
    08-22-13 07:31 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD