I always doubted the move to bring back the tool belt, I thought it was a step backwards. BB10 was made for swipes trough the whole OS.

But the positive feedback the Classic is getting is amazing! You check instagram post and read comments a lot of them are saying how the miss there BlackBerry. And that they plan on getting one and simply the phone looks amazing!

Nice move BlackBerry!

Posted via CB10
    GEO1ER and RandyArsenault like this.
    12-21-14 10:04 AM
    It is a step backward if it was the only thing for navigation, but the Classic uses both, the "classic" trackpad, and the touch-enabled screen.
    12-21-14 10:13 AM
    It is a step backward if it was the only thing for navigation, but the Classic uses both, the "classic" trackpad, and the touch-enabled screen.
    But the 9900 had the same thing so it depends on what your idea of a "step backwards" is I guess.
    12-21-14 10:15 AM
    Let's wait and see whether people will really embrace the Classic.. and that it translates in great sales..
    12-21-14 10:16 AM
    But the 9900 had the same thing so it depends on what your idea of a "step backwards" is I guess.
    How about you, what's your idea? BlackBerry 10 vs BlackBerry 7.1? I wonder..
    12-21-14 10:17 AM
    Like the bold, I know. But BB10 is a gesture based OS. I would have thought buttons was a step backwards.
    But I like the move BlackBerry made for sure.

Posted via CB10
    12-21-14 10:17 AM
    How about you, what's your idea? BlackBerry 10 vs BlackBerry 7.1? I wonder..
    I personally don't see it as a step backwards but the idea that touchscreen and buttons is a new concept isn't true for Blackberry. We've been down this road before, regardless of the OS.
    12-21-14 10:18 AM
    I personally don't see it as a step backwards but the idea that touchscreen and buttons is a new concept isn't true for Blackberry. We've been down this road before, regardless of the OS.
    I'm not IMPLYING that it is a new concept. The OP at first, thought that BlackBerry 10 device paired with a trackpad would be "a step backward". I just said it isn't.
    12-21-14 10:27 AM
    Now BlackBerry just needs to find a way to get people to upgrade to the Classic. I know they say they're not going after the consumer market but in reality, they are although maybe not directly. They need to find a way to get people on BBOS to upgrade and stay with BlackBerry and not go somewhere else. I find that many people still don't realize the advantages of BlackBerry 10. Unfortunately when BB10 launched, the ads were terrible at explaining any advantages (recall flying carpets, people rolling on the field, etc).
    12-21-14 10:49 AM
    As much as I enjoyed the passport, even after close to two months use it never felt quite right. I got the Classic right from BlackBerry last Friday and I'm already flying with it, the comfort level is there.
    Just my experiences.
    @PCArsenault
    sk8er_tor likes this.
    12-21-14 10:49 AM
    As much as I enjoyed the passport, even after close to two months use it never felt quite right. I got the Classic right from BlackBerry last Friday and I'm already flying with it, the comfort level is there.
    Just my experiences.
    @PCArsenault
    I'm in the same boat. Love the passport but I find myself picking up the classic much more often. Especially since latest update provides more options/access to things I need.

Posted via CB10
    12-21-14 10:57 AM
    BlackBerry Classic is super awesome and again, it is am amazing phone when it come to anything messaging and calls, I love the BlackBerry Classic and will switch very soon, I love BlackBerry.
    Positive feedback for the Classic!-1419099240835_588975.jpeg

Posted via CB10
    12-21-14 10:59 AM
    Just my experiences.
    @PCArsenault
    Do you miss the passport's screen size or has it been an easy transition?

Posted via CB10
    12-21-14 11:05 AM
    I love the Bold 9900 one of my favorite BlackBerry ever but you can't compare os7 to bb10. Yes you could use the touch screen on the 9900, but there were no gestures like the ones on BB10 now or Hub. So no it wasn't the same thing. Just my opinion.

Posted via CB10
    12-21-14 12:03 PM
    The classic is targeted at a very difficult bunch of users. Many are ludites and all are stubborn and demanding when it comes to technology. I already hear a number of bold users complaining about the things that os7 could do that the classic cannot.
    The reality is OS7 cannot exist any longer and the things it can't do, far outweigh what it can do. It is from its very root, a technology that is incompatible with the 21st century.

If BlackBerry can get even half of these folks to be somewhat satisfied, it'll be a miracle I think.

As far as tool belt integration, this is going to be hard on the ludites because ironically this is going to really test their muscle memory. Any non native BlackBerry apps are not going to make use of the tool belt and so the luddite user (already inflexible by his nature) will be having to jump between two different modes of operation. This will prevent the muscle memory from working as it should and will probably tax his brain.

A best case scenario would be if BlackBerry one day regains say 15% of market share, then maybe some android app developers write their apps for track pad usage. Seems like a pipe dream and is more than 5 years off in best case anyway.

Posted via CB10
    myfiremanishuge and kitmo like this.
    12-21-14 12:25 PM
    The classic is targeted at a very difficult bunch of users. Many are ludites and all are stubborn and demanding when it comes to technology. I already hear a number of bold users complaining about the things that os7 could do that the classic cannot.
    The reality is OS7 cannot exist any longer and the things it can't do, far outweigh what it can do. It is from its very root, a technology that is incompatible with the 21st century.

If BlackBerry can get even half of these folks to be somewhat satisfied, it'll be a miracle I think.

As far as tool belt integration, this is going to be hard on the ludites because ironically this is going to really test their muscle memory. Any non native BlackBerry apps are not going to make use of the tool belt and so the luddite user (already inflexible by his nature) will be having to jump between two different modes of operation. This will prevent the muscle memory from working as it should and will probably tax his brain.

A best case scenario would be if BlackBerry one day regains say 15% of market share, then maybe some android app developers write their apps for track pad usage. Seems like a pipe dream and is more than 5 years off in best case anyway.
    LoL! Have to agree with you. You hit the nail hard, and with much precision!

CB10 @ Q5
    12-21-14 12:37 PM

Posted via CB10
    Also fun when diehard os10 swypers are acting as a bunch of arrogant know it all monkeys...

Maybe just Maybe some of us expect our phone to do stuff in a precise way, also as someone who loves technology ludite couldn't be further from the truth but if that team makes makes the swipe monkeys happy so be it...

The Classic is a nice first step in the right direction
    12-21-14 09:55 PM
    OK ok... was being a bit funny. just taking a "swipe" at some of the whiners out there.

Just saying, BlackBerry can't write code for two different os's and they can't be everything to everyone.

Some people act surprised that bb10 doesn't do all the things they liked about OS7. They don't realize how unrealistic the expectation is.

Posted via CB10
    12-22-14 08:50 AM
    Actually it is not a step back. Initially i thought so too. But having it and using it feels like having the best of both worlds. I mean an upgrade to 9900 and Q10 combined. Early days yet, but it might turn out to be the best device ever made by Blackberry. Yeah it feels like that when you hold it and use.
    12-22-14 09:01 AM
    Actually it is not a step back. Initially i thought so too. But having it and using it feels like having the best of both worlds. I mean an upgrade to 9900 and Q10 combined. Early days yet, but it might turn out to be the best device ever made by Blackberry. Yeah it feels like that when you hold it and use.
    CNET seems to thing it is the best they ever made
    I think it was cnet
    ..might have been pcmagazine

Posted via CB10
    12-22-14 10:18 AM
    I'm seeing more and more positive feedback for the Classic. Once it officially hits the US carriers, I hope the user base will grow even bigger.
    12-22-14 10:29 AM
    CNET seems to thing it is the best they ever made
    I think it was cnet
    ..might have been pcmagazine

Posted via CB10
    Honestly i wont be surprised if it turns out to be. The funny thing is you know the trackpad is there yet you feel comfortable using the touchscreen. But the feeling of having both; you know its hard to describe. All those ish about double typing, camera rainbow etc are so far non-existent. Had a BB9900 before i got the Q10. Now i have the Classic. So far its just a CLASSIC feeling.
    12-22-14 10:49 AM