[Please read title twice before answering ;-)]

Ok, let's start a crazy speculation one.
    It has been rumored that some BB10 devices may have been produced (I'm not talking about the microphone-less alpha) and it is a fact that alpha owners will get a "special edition" device (rumored to be London) when retuning their phones (conditions applies, not the point).

I was wondering ... TECHNICALLY speaking, could those BB10-ready devices run BB7 ?
    If yes ... I'd love to see them hit the market with a "BB10 ready" sticker. Sell me two. I pay cash. NAO

Please stick to the topic, you have half a thousand posts to let off steam in a thread near your favorite section

P.S : "portnawak" goes for "n'importe quoi" => delirious
    06-29-12 10:36 AM
    So you're saying BB7 on BB10 hardware?

I don't think it would be worth RIM's money and time to release a product that has already been released and hasn't sold well.

Just wait for BB10 and hope for a clean start.
    06-29-12 11:00 AM
    So you're saying BB7 on BB10 hardware?
    This ^ Anticipate hardware sales. A known technique we saw many times like "HD Ready" or "Windows xx ready".

Yet I don't know how deep an OS update can go and I believe ROMs would be hard to flash ... that is the technical and main question.
    06-29-12 11:18 AM
    This ^ Anticipate hardware sales. A known technique we saw many times like "HD Ready" or "Windows xx ready".

Yet I don't know how deep an OS update can go and I believe ROMs would be hard to flash ... that is the technical and main question.
    But they lose money on hardware! Their margins are negative in terms of hardware.

Selling more hardware would only hurt RIM
    06-29-12 11:23 AM
    this was discussed in another thread, i will see if i can find it. Short answer is no its not gonna work nor worth the man power as they are sadly getting rid of alot of the people that probably worked on the java side.
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    06-29-12 11:27 AM
    this was discussed in another thread, i will see if i can find it. Short answer is no its not gonna work nor worth the man power as they are sadly getting rid of alot of the people that probably worked on the java side.
    sry for the other thread, didn't found it (I swear I searched, mister ! lol).
    06-29-12 11:42 AM
    I love the idea.
    06-29-12 12:27 PM
    They should have made it backward compatible, giving developers the incentive to still support BB7 but apparently RIM wants to start afresh. There are many advantages to a fresh start but I fear RIM might require some time to get dug in with the new platform, so a high adoption rate is needed to really pull out of this crisis.

Hopefully, these BB7 users and those who once used Blackberry will come back and embrace BB10.
    06-29-12 01:27 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD