01-09-12 10:29 AM
    Interesting to hear.
    01-09-12 10:32 AM
    Perhaps the reason it's not posted on CrackBerry is that it doesn't mention any specific BlackBerry devices; it simply says the demonstration/display will be at the BlackBerry booth.
    01-09-12 10:34 AM
    WOW, nice find.....I need to run out and pick one of those up
    01-09-12 10:35 AM
    I wish I knew what the outside looked like though..
    01-09-12 10:37 AM
    Love this a lot. Sooo many possibilities for Blackberry integration in vehicles... Bridge is HUGE for this. Imagine being automatically connected to web apps in your car (internet radio, weather, traffic, maps) just by having your phone in your pocket! Hook up to cloud services so you can listen to all your stored music through your car stereo, play videos on the tablets in the back that are stored on your home PC. All this without having to pay for some sort of "online service package" for your fancy new car. Your BlackBerry data plan would handle it all and it would all be done through the Bridge app automatically.

RIM is not going anywhere and the fact that QNX systems are already present in millions of automobiles means that if Bridge can work with these in-car systems, the BlackBerry brand should see huge improvements in the future.
    Thunderbuck likes this.
    01-09-12 10:45 AM
    Isnt QNX owned by RIM? It would make sense on a CrackBerry site to include this (since they include pretty much everything else RIM lol).
    01-09-12 11:45 AM
    Very cool! Would be awesome if more of this stuff were being implemented now and RIM could say that Blackberry and Playbook integrate into vehicles easily. Would be a good selling point.
    01-09-12 12:17 PM
    Did I see 3 BlackBerry PlayBooks in the Porsche concept car or were my eyes playing tricks on me?
    01-09-12 12:22 PM
    Perhaps the reason it's not posted on CrackBerry is that it doesn't mention any specific BlackBerry devices; it simply says the demonstration/display will be at the BlackBerry booth.
    And those aren't playbooks in the picture? RIM doesn't own QNX?

The downplays the downplays...
    01-09-12 12:31 PM
    Why is there no post about this in CrackBerry?
    There is now....

I wish I knew what the outside looked like though..
    It looks like a batmobile - of course...with a trunk lined with playbooks playing rap videos...what I would give to be in Vegas right now.. RIM booth by day, blackjack by night...

QNX Car concept with PlayBook integration hands-on (video) -- Engadget

no place for a ten incher in that dashboard...

ayy yes - RIM the sinking ship - playbook the failure...

Last edited by blackjack93117; 01-09-12 at 12:42 PM.
    drjay868 likes this.
    01-09-12 12:33 PM
    Thays baller eh.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-09-12 12:34 PM
    Pretty cool. The Panamera and full size range rover already have QNX in the cars and I can't wait until the trickle down effect. I can't even explain it but all the gauges on the dashboard are just imagine shown on the screen. Really cool.
    01-09-12 01:58 PM
    No wonder the QNX guys have been tweeting about HTML 5 in cars every day
    01-09-12 02:16 PM
    No wonder the QNX guys have been tweeting about HTML 5 in cars every day
    LOL... could lend a new (and entirely too-literal) meaning to the term "browser crash"!
    Rickroller likes this.
    01-09-12 04:26 PM
    I didn't know the Carrera had a usable back seat.
    01-09-12 05:36 PM
    I believe there are only two PlayBooks in the picture, the two on the back of the seats look like PlayBooks. The main console at the front of the car isn't a PlayBook though, but it is QNX powered.

I so love gadgets, and this car would be my dreamcar
    01-09-12 10:04 PM
    This is what I wrote on another thread:

I am so glad I get to talk about porsches.

My thoughts on the porsche carrera QNX concept car:

I like porsche, and I like blackberry, but I don't like this concept design. I know it is just a concept car, but the fit and finish is terrible. Here are some things I don't like about the car:

First of all, porsche is not one of those companies that has the latest and greatest computerized technologies loaded in their cars (I believe that title would go to Lexus). So the fact that porsche even attempted to move in this direction is a shocker to me. I more associate porsche with raw performance...as opposed to the GTR, which is very computerized.

Secondly, there is no room in the back seat of porsche carrera to fit an adult. Unless you want a tablet 2 inches from your noise, I don't see the point. But the thing that bothers me the most is that the tablet isn't integrated into the seat. It looks really tacky with the tablet just hanging out there. I would like to be able to insert the tablet into the back rest, and pull it out when I am done. Designers got lazy here for sure.

Lastly, the tablet on the dashboard is very odd. If you tick off the sport chrono package, you get the stop clock exactly where that tablet is. It looks like this:

Anyways, we refer to the stop clock in the center of the dashboard as the wart...because it is really out of place and really sticks out like a sore thumb. The new screen that they added, which I assume is in place of the physical and analogue stop watch, looks exponentially worst. It just doesn't look right.

What I do like is that they kept the rev counter in the center of the dials. That is porsche heritage right there to have the rev counter there instead of the speedometer. I just wish they had spent more time envisioning this concept car. This project seemed very rushed. I like the idea, but I don't like the execution.
    01-11-12 12:53 AM
    If you check out this video at around 1:55 he mentions that you can even Skype Video Conference and they show video on one of the two Playbooks mounted on the rear seats. Did he just accidentally leak the existence of Skype for OS2?
    01-12-12 12:43 PM
    YEa I also have been wondering why I havn't seen any reviews of the Porche on CB
    01-12-12 02:31 PM
    If you check out this video at around 1:55 he mentions that you can even Skype Video Conference and they show video on one of the two Playbooks mounted on the rear seats. Did he just accidentally leak the existence of Skype for OS2?

Yea I saw that too!!!
    Can't wait for that one!...as much as I like Video chat....it's just too restrictive on who I can chat with
    01-12-12 02:38 PM
    Somebody mentioned that it was actually Playbook Video Chat they showed and that he just misspoke. I can't run Video Chat. Can someone confirm if this is the case?
    01-12-12 02:49 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD