I've got a huawei Nexus 6p. Great hardware in my opinion.
    Indeed. Huawei do pay a great deal of attention to build quality, especially on their Phablets, the Mate 9 variants all have top quality build materials.
    11-16-16 01:15 PM
    Unfortunately it was found today that that many chinese phones send your contacts and messages back to China. Huawei was called out as one of those companies...stay away until this is sorted out.
    Like apple and Google don't send data to cia database

Posted via CB10
    Uzi likes this.
    11-16-16 05:05 PM
    Can you share a link with this information?

+ doesn't Blackberry Dtek50 and Dtek60 made in China? iPhones also? are all of them also involved?
    Sure, here you go.
    http://mobile.nytimes.com/2016/11/16...?_r=0&referer=
    Looks like a Chinese android problem. Because it's a software thing and the dteks have blackberry certified software, Blackberry should be fine. I trust Chinese hardware...but their software seems funny
    rt2567 likes this.
    11-16-16 05:54 PM
    Don't know about you but mine Dtek50 screen come off after 1 and a half weeks. Do not know if you see here clearly but screen glue off from the housing bottom left corner. Do not know, maybe rubber around the screen is not good enough to keep the screen in place. Also screen backlight was flashing from that gap

(Photo made with Huawei P9)

Attachment 412268
    3 months later, 3 kids fighting over it throughout the day, and the screen is still on her phone. So either she's lucky or you're unlucky.

RedBerry Passport /10.3.2.2876 / Telus
    11-16-16 09:50 PM
    Unfortunately it was found today that that many chinese phones send your contacts and messages back to China. Huawei was called out as one of those companies...stay away until this is sorted out.
    Not "many". One.

Huawei was not called out. The "guilty" supplier also supplies Huawei, but there's no indication that Huawei was affected.

I won't defend them, just fact-checking.
    app_Developer likes this.
    11-16-16 11:25 PM

+ doesn't Blackberry Dtek50 and Dtek60 made in China? iPhones also? are all of them also involved?
    For DTEK maybe not if BlackBerry provides the software. It is the same case with iPhone. Apple made the software and your data will be shared to government only if they got it not encrypted and if legal issues are released by judicial offices.

Posted through my BlackBerry
    11-17-16 01:16 AM
    I have a friend using DTek50 . He tells me that the camera is not so bad as it has been described by you.
    No, don't get me wrong. Yes, if you take photos outside in a day time photos will be fine like with the most other devices, but if you are in the room or in a low light areas then your pictures quality have too much noise and is really low for 13MP camera IMHO.

I couldn't accept that camera itself is bad, so I downloaded lots of other camera apps and with Google Camera app photos quality was much more improved, specially blacks was much clearer with minimum noise, so for most I blame Blackberry camera app itself. Sadly Google Camera app is not available from the google play store so I had to download from apkmirror, other sad news is Google Camera app crashed every time then I choose Video mode.
    11-17-16 06:31 AM
    Let them make BB10 licencing partnership with BlackBerry

Posted via CB10
    11-17-16 06:43 AM

made in china designed by apple in california - read the box on iphone and on each of unit...https://www.apple.com/newsroom/2016/...sign.html#mn_p
    11-17-16 07:54 AM
    No, don't get me wrong. Yes, if you take photos outside in a day time photos will be fine like with the most other devices, but if you are in the room or in a low light areas then your pictures quality have too much noise and is really low for 13MP camera IMHO.

I couldn't accept that camera itself is bad, so I downloaded lots of other camera apps and with Google Camera app photos quality was much more improved, specially blacks was much clearer with minimum noise, so for most I blame Blackberry camera app itself. Sadly Google Camera app is not available from the google play store so I had to download from apkmirror, other sad news is Google Camera app crashed every time then I choose Video mode.
    Thanks for clarifying mate . Cheers !
    11-17-16 09:17 AM
    Doesn't BlackBerry trademark the Porsche design for its models? Rising aches in my mind c'mon RIM
    11-17-16 09:51 AM
    It's not. OP is just obviously on a rant over BB.
    am I?

Attachment 412378

never seen greenish arm before or car glove box button and around it.

Attachment 412379

or this, this 13MP camera quality satisfies you?

Sorry it is not best examples, I did not take a lot of photos in 2 weeks and deleted most bad quality so I couldn't find a photo I take in the room in the day time with no lights on where you can clearly see that black chair is not black it is OBVIOUSLY greenish, learned my lesson. Sadly I can't take this photo again because I returned Dtek50 back to my carrier, but if you have one you can test it by yourself and I think you will get same results if Blackberry camera app was not improved. Yup, I mostly blame Blackberry Camera app not phones camera itself, I tested it with Google Camera app and quality was much better.

If you're saying that I'm just obviously on a rant over BB, then this is the rant reasons why I returned Dtek50:

1. Obviously camera.
    2. after 1 and a half week this happened (screen glue off from the housing bottom left corner):

Attachment 412268

3. Really not a deal breaker, but Blackberry android devices got the same amount of Operating System UI translations as Blackberry 10 devices. Please tell me why, if it is almost a bare android OS? Meanwhile the same Alcatel Idol 4 have all OS UI translations at the same time and it is much cheaper. Why the hell do they do this limitations?? I really do not get this, no other competitor does that. It looks like they are doing this in purpose to be less attractive and to make less sales, THIS IS OBVIOUSLY.
    At least they kept availability to type with the keyboards in all languages and what can I say, Blackberry keyboard app works flawlessly even in my native language, I'm really impressed. Sadly you can not do the same with BB10 devices VKB or PKB, because limitations are the same as OS UI translations and this pisses me off.

Well what I liked, overall Dtek50 as android device does the job if you are only into apps. I love its rubberised back finish, device felt really good in the hands and solid, loud speakers was pretty good too it almost felt like good old times with Z30, device itself was fast if you do not make SD card part of the device, I do not know why but it started to lag then you make SD card as part, but then make SD card as separate storage it was all good again, but I do not blame device for it. Ow ya, I love Blackberry 12600 battery pack as a gift, it should become as standard IMHO. But thats it, really nothing special.

IMHO, if BlackBerry going all in for a licensing game or whatever you call it.. if they REALLY want to make it in android world and convince people to buy their "moded" devices and spend extra 100$ instead of just buying original phone and download their apps available for everyone from google play store + from Cobalt blackberry keyboard, their only option is "emotions". They need to become AMG for Mercedes and to make it first they need to work with "Mercedes" type of hardware manufacturers and just make it more "premium look". No one is interested in "moded" OPEL if you understand what I am saying. POWER is the answer.

Porsche Design chooses wisely, todays Huawei hardware IMHO is rock solid and is not too expensive, damn if BB collaborate with Huawei and made whatever BB P9/Mate9/Honor8 I would be first in line. Actually only thing stoped me from switching from Passport SE to iPhone is capability to make android most BB10 it can be and i choose Huawei P9 for it. Thanks for the Blackberry Keyboard Cobalt.

I understand that I can sound too negative in this forum about BlackBerry all the time but seriously what they are doing last 3 years in my opinion is a mind blow in worst case possible. OMG, how they could kill BB10 after 8 months?? You need 9 months to born a baby and that baby was Z30, LITERALLY. You can don't like me, but I will rant for what they done with Z30 and other devices after for the rest of my life. For crying out loud then Z30 was out everyone still got iPhone 5s and it was waaay behind. Every time then someone said it is too big I said just look at it this is how iPhone 6 will look and it LITERALLY was. Chen did not even give a chance for Z30 to make it, if be more honest, Chen do not give a chance for none device as being CEO only software. and IMHO it is done in purpose.
    To be short, just look what happened then he become CEO 8 months after BB10 was introduced, all BB10 just gone from everywhere, 9month Z30 was launched and almost no one knows Z30 even existed, to be honest no one knows even Passport exist and to be totally honest almost no one knows Dtek50&60 exist and I'm not talking about Priv! Best case scenario since Chen took over you can buy BB10 and now BBdroid devices from internet shops - online only. All other android competitors make devices full ready for every market, Blackberry still limits in purpose everything to make less attractive for the same markets. I do not know what kind of sales guy is sitting in that chair, but it's more greenish than a pictures you can take from Dtek50.

Don't get me wrong and no offense, I just say what I see and if I don't like it I will tell it as it is. I respect your opinion, but I'm not iSheep to defend and make up excuses for every stupid thing my beloved maker does, just look what Apple "creates" now by having that kind of attitude loyalist iSheeps.. dongle dongle dongle.
    Last edited by iHadLastBB; 11-17-16 at 11:17 AM.
    11-17-16 10:30 AM

At the risk of further moving off-topic, there was a good post by someone (apologies, I forget whom) explaining this. The D60 exposure is too short in auto mode and not enough light comes in. Someone confirmed this is a software design issue, so hopefully it will be adjusted in an update. Until then, it's easily corrected by switching to manual mode and opening up exposure slightly. Then the camera is back to phenomenal. The vast majority of my pics are in low light, indoors, so this initially worried me too. Notsomuch now.

Check these threads to get a TON of info and back on topic:

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe.../#post12669070

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...-edge-1090186/
    stlabrat likes this.
    11-17-16 10:34 AM
    But does it have Lithuanian support?
    If you are asking about Blackberry Dtek50&60/Priv User Interface, no it doesn't. It is limited to the exact same OS languages support like it is with BB10 devices (checked). At the same time Alcatel Idol 4 have support for all languages including Lithuanian support like the rest normal competitors who want to sell their devices.

In other hand, now you can type in Lithuanian language and in all other android supported languages
    + Blackberry keyboard works flawlessly in Lithuanian predictions but with BB10 10.3.2 you still can not, everything is limited to the amount as same UI languages. Really "best keyboard experience" (sarcasm).

I do not get why BB limits android OS UI languages support even they do not need do anything, it comes out of the box!?
    Last edited by iHadLastBB; 11-17-16 at 11:25 AM.
    11-17-16 10:36 AM
    Doesn't BlackBerry trademark the Porsche design for its models? Rising aches in my mind c'mon RIM
    You'd think Porsche Design would own that trademark.
    11-17-16 11:08 AM
    in which part?
    The part where you said Huawei hardware + BlackBerry software = iPhone killer.

Apple has 100s of millions of fans worldwide, who have no intention to leave iOS for any platform, BlackBerry software or not.
    11-25-16 01:10 AM
    iPhone-killer? Seriously? So many phones have been labeled "iPhone killers" over the years, but none have actually done the job. Why would a combination of Huawei hardware and BB10 of all things suddenly be what does it?
    11-25-16 05:34 AM
    iPhone-killer? Seriously? So many phones have been labeled "iPhone killers" over the years, but none have actually done the job. Why would a combination of Huawei hardware and BB10 of all things suddenly be what does it?
    If they die of laughter, it would be a killer. That's about it.

Blackberry Poptart SE - Cricket Wireless
    MikeX74 likes this.
    11-25-16 07:34 AM
    Porsche Design is a design house that makes high-end, branded, low-volume (and thus relatively exclusive) redesigns of existing consumer products. BB doesn't own those designs or the Porsche Design trademark - rather, PD contracted out to BB for their base phones to "redesign" and sell under the Porsche Design mark. That contract was made a number of years ago when BB was still a big name in smartphones, but the contract expired and was not renewed - rather, Porsche Design now contracts with Huawei (among other non-smartphone companies).

BB was never an "owner" of Porsche Design - that was a short-term, limited business deal between two companies, which is now over.

It's not a lot different than, say, a limo company who contracts to buy a certain number of Cadillac Sedan De Villes from GM over a 5-year period for conversion into limousines. Once the contract ends, nothing prevents that limo company from switching to Ford and buying Lincolns, or Mercedes, or whomever. And it never meant that GM owned that limo builder or their designs.
    Ganesh Vu likes this.
    11-25-16 04:51 PM
    Useful info. thank you. Contract goes more professionally without any leaks
    11-27-16 08:08 AM
    A porshe Design Priv would be wonderfull, but to find its housing.... better the original priv

Posted via CB10
    11-27-16 10:38 AM
    by the way.. I have never seen so cheap BlackBerry P’9982 Porsche Design

https://www.varle.lt/search/?q=black...porsche+design
    11-29-16 06:08 AM
47 12