I've read a number of other posts with email and think I've got a pretty good handle on the approach. Business accounts are pushed directly to the blackberry (I have one of those and that works fine) and POP accounts are polled every 15 minutes or so (this is where I'm not finding that to be the case).

My POP email account can take anywhere from 15 minutes to 6 hours (or even more in a couple of cases) for me to receive the email. Is there any way to improve this performance? This is all while I've got really solid coverage and am receiving all of my other emails just fine. Even on my PC, I'm getting the POP email, so I know its not my host having problems there.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks,

J
    06-22-08 07:25 PM
    Every BlackBerry owner is given a device specific email address. In your case, it will be "address@vzw.blackberry.net" because it looks like you are a Verizon customer.

Simply forward your POP account to that address and you will have instant push.
    06-22-08 07:38 PM
    idk but mine sure doesnt take that long lol
    06-22-08 07:38 PM
    Interesting. I am about to buy one but for my pop email- I am not in a business that has blackberry accounts.

I don't want to forward my emails to my blackberry as sometimes I check them on my computer and sometimes on my phone.

So pop emails or even gmail emails are not pushed?
    06-22-08 08:02 PM
    You POP email will be polled by the BIS server and then pushed to your BlackBerry.
    06-22-08 08:31 PM
    A lot of misinformation in this thread. I have a college email one gmail and another gmail powered mail app. All of them are pushed and all of them are pop.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-23-08 01:17 AM
    Yeah, you may not have something configured properly, or some other issue.

I have 3 pop accounts and never have to wait more than five minutes for them to show. The gmail account is very quick.

Did you send the service books after you setup the account?

If not, do this: Options > Advanced Options > Host Routing Table > menu key > Register Now
    06-23-08 02:14 AM
    Phew- thanks. Looking forward to getting one. MY GF got hers today and her gmail showed up in seconds.

I'm very jealous of her.
    06-23-08 02:26 AM
    Yeah yahoo and gmail are nearly instant.
    Everytime I pay a bill or buy something online my berry buzzes as soon as I click it okay.
    Only my work email sometimes takes 3 or 4 minutes.

06-23-08 02:51 AM
    I have 1 pop, a gmail and blackberry acct, all take 3-5 mins to receive. It usually depends on the time of day I think as to the amount of time it takes to receice it.

06-23-08 12:56 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD