View Poll Results: How much would you spend to get Blend RIGHT NOW, instead of waiting for 10.3.1 release?

Voters
11. You may not vote on this poll
  • Nothing - I don't want it

2 18.18%
  • Nothing - I deserve to get it for free

4 36.36%
  • $1.99

0 0%
  • $5

2 18.18%
  • $10

1 9.09%
  • $20

2 18.18%
  • $1 per month

0 0%
    Assuming BB Blend worked on your version of BB10, how much, if any, would you pay to start using Blend right now instead of waiting for 10.3.1?
    11-11-14 02:30 PM
    $3 in less than 3 seconds to think about it.

Posted via CB10
    Zirak likes this.
    11-11-14 03:56 PM
    Assuming BB Blend worked on your version of BB10, how much, if any, would you pay to start using Blend right now instead of waiting for 10.3.1?
    You do know that Blend won't work UNLESS YOU HAVE 10.3. So why have a poll on something that can never happen.
    11-11-14 04:00 PM
    So, would I pay for 10 3.1 and Blend together? Yes.

Posted via CB10
    11-11-14 04:03 PM
    So, would I pay for 10 3.1 and Blend together? Yes.

Posted via CB10
    I will wait and get it for free when it is ready to be released for older devices.
    11-11-14 04:17 PM
    Not a dime. It should come free since I paid them $650 for the Blackberry phone I bough as a consumer. They should thank me for not buying an iPhone or Android with mentionings of all kinds of free updates in the future too. They have no business charging for Blend or any BBM feature right now in my opinion.
    11-11-14 05:04 PM
    Should be free.

Posted via CB10
    11-11-14 05:06 PM
    Where's the "Nothing - It replaces Desktop Manager and Link" option? Without BlackBerry Protect's backup feature, it's the only way to backup a BlackBerry 10 device. Also, it's the only way to recover a BB10 device if something goes wrong with an update. BlackBerry doesn't have enough resources to help people recover their devices should something go wrong.
    11-11-14 05:16 PM
    Not a dime. It should come free since I paid them $650 for the Blackberry phone I bough as a consumer. They should thank me for not buying an iPhone or Android with mentionings of all kinds of free updates in the future too. They have no business charging for Blend or any BBM feature right now in my opinion.
    It's a fun poll. Noone is thanking you for jack ****. You made a purchase. You didn't give them $650 for free. Apple only releases 1 major update a year so idk what your query is. A fun little poll and all of you jump out and start acting like you are BlackBerry's savior

Posted from zee flicking coolest smartphone evah!
    habs_fan, Zirak, mister2d and 1 others like this.
    11-11-14 05:37 PM
    I would pay $10 just out of curiosity.

Posted via CB10
    11-11-14 06:05 PM
    I'd pay $5. I already have 10.3.1.1016 on my Z30, so it's just a matter of them no longer blacklisting non-Passport PINs.

Even though I'd almost always have my phone in my pocket, when i'm on the computer it would be nice to be able to quickly jump to my phone's notifications without having to stop to pull my phone out of my pocket.
    11-11-14 06:30 PM
    It's a fun poll. Noone is thanking you for jack ****. You made a purchase. You didn't give them $650 for free. Apple only releases 1 major update a year so idk what your query is. A fun little poll and all of you jump out and start acting like you are BlackBerry's savior

Good grief, don't ask for opinions if you don't want them. I don't think Blackberry should charge for Blend, an answer to your poll, nor do I think they should charge for any BBM feature, a free added opinion indirectly related to your poll. lol

And btw, Blackberry NEEDS saviors like me... and millions more, just like me, willing to buy their phones even when they're not "cool" nor had much success with early releases of anything. If BlackBerry doesn't look at each and every customer as a savior and nickel and dime's folks for minor features then that's just bad business in my opinion. But.. I guess I'm not allowed to have one of those here in this thread..

Oh yeh, and I had fun posting this, so it's a win-win for you! LOL
    Thesmartmale likes this.
    11-11-14 10:06 PM
    Hell no. Paying for things that can and should be free is something I refuse to do.

Posted via CB10
    11-11-14 10:26 PM
    Good grief, don't ask for opinions if you don't want them. I don't think Blackberry should charge for Blend, an answer to your poll, nor do I think they should charge for any BBM feature, a free added opinion indirectly related to your poll. lol

And btw, Blackberry NEEDS saviors like me... and millions more, just like me, willing to buy their phones even when they're not "cool" nor had much success with early releases of anything. If BlackBerry doesn't look at each and every customer as a savior and nickel and dime's folks for minor features then that's just bad business in my opinion. But.. I guess I'm not allowed to have one of those here in this thread..

Oh yeh, and I had fun posting this, so it's a win-win for you! LOL
    First of all it wasn't even my phone.

Secondly Noone said BlackBerry was gonna charge. The poll was about would you rather wait hypothetically a month or 2 for free or be impatient and pay a small fee and hypothetically get it right now. Something it seems quite a few people are willing to do.
    It never said the feature wouldn't come to you, it's saying hypothetically would you pay a small fee to cater to the impatient side of you.

And no BlackBerry don't need no savior. It's a business. They make good product, good decisions and eventually people will buy. It's just how it works. Keyword here "eventually ". If they ever need a savior Yall might start donating

11-12-14 12:59 AM
    Rose of you getting upset over this poll keep in mind this: we are already getting Blend free in a month or two (or three, four, etc.). Based on that, I interpret the poll as being if Blackberry offered the option to pay for early access to Blend for Z or Q devices. And for that I would pay as I can see Blend being very useful for me.
    11-12-14 01:02 AM
    If BlackBerry had a premium tier of Blend, I would pay for it. If had more useful features, sure.
    11-12-14 01:25 AM
    Why pay for things that are free elsewhere? Removing messages is available on Skype, yet you have to pay for it on BBM? Doesn't make any sense and is very lame.

Posted via CB10
    11-12-14 09:45 AM
    I am not talking about Skype. I think if BlackBerry adds extra services for Blend, they can be charged for. No need to get excited, really. Its similar to their BBM stickers add-on sales. Some users might not want them, and others pay for them.
    11-12-14 11:45 AM
    25$
    For sure.
    Waiting for Blend anxiously...
    c2
    11-12-14 11:58 AM
    $0

Posted via CB10
    MLDodier likes this.
    11-12-14 12:03 PM
    Blue, and others,

If I could buy Blend, I'd probably install a leaked 10.3 or 10.3.1.

Instead, I have to wait for BlackBerry to release 10.3.1, and then Verizon to eventually upgrade my Z10.

I haven't taken a real close look at what is in 10.3 or 10.3.1, but Blend is the feature that stands out as the "I want this NOW" productivity booster.

As Spike said, this was mostly just for fun. But, I hope someone at BB is noticing that existing users are passionate about this feature. Artificially keeping out leaked BB10 users might help device sales (a very small percent, my guess). But, I wanted to offer an alternative where they can make money RIGHT NOW on Blend for those of us who are impatient.

Jim
    11-12-14 03:57 PM
    Yes.

Posted via CB10
    11-12-14 04:16 PM
    No

Posted via CB10
    11-12-14 04:39 PM
    These really are stupid questions, if Blackberry was smart they would put it out for there supporters, period.
    11-12-14 04:47 PM
    No....

Easy one. Thanks!

BlackBerry hates America!
    11-12-14 04:49 PM
36 12