View Poll Results: Would you purchase a TrackPad equipped BB10 device?

Voters
107. You may not vote on this poll
  • UNEQUIVOCAL YES: BB10 user, miss the TrackPad. I'd buy a it immediately upon its release.

26 24.30%
  • Conditional Yes: I do not have a BB10 device, but like the TrackPad on my BBOS device.

19 17.76%
  • Maybe: I do not have a BB10 device, but the jury is still out on full touchscreen for me.

4 3.74%
  • No: whether or not I have a BB10 device, I'm on contract and not considering a new device purchase.

3 2.80%
  • No: I have a BB10 device and it's great as it is WITHOUT a TrackPad.

40 37.38%
  • Jeez, lorax1284, GIVE IT A REST. NOT EVEN YOU WANT A TRACKPAD, YOU'RE JUST BEING STUBBORN!

15 14.02%

2.Why the consumer would buy a BlackBerry if they can get a big a$$ Samsung note with stylus? With more APPS choices.
    Because bigger is not always better, and sometimes it's definitely worse.

This is most likely why Apple has never made a large iPhone, yet various Android vendors have.

Apple knows that over a certain size it becomes impossible for many of their users to use it in one hand, and they differentiate their product via software functionality and other things.

Whereas Android smartphone manufacturers tend to compete on specs and size (and try to convince the market of the importance of these things) because the OS is commoditized and that's one of the only ways they can differentiate themselves from other Android handset vendors.
    07-29-13 07:19 AM
    There are no absolutes. Apple balances the cost of developing and managing a broad device portfolio against potential revenues.

To date, Apple does not believe they are losing significant revenue to larger screen devices, and their design philosophy probability includes that a larger screen device may sell well but some consumers will tire of the large screen and go rogue in terms of the overall apple UX.

Samsung clearly think different.

Rumours persist that a larger screen iPhone is on deck. Apple is not immune to consumer sentiment, nor are they always right on terms of their attitude to what consumers really want and will respond favorably to. So they broaden their product portfolio and make even more piles of cash.

BlackBerry on the other hand seems to be immune to consumer sentiment, are trying to narrow their product portfolio to reduce costs, but a narrow product portfolio + ignoring the opinions of their install base is a deadly combination.
    07-29-13 07:31 AM
    Excellent

Posted via CB10
    07-29-13 10:37 AM
    No. I don't want to go backwards.

Posted via CB10
    Wait a minute. If I remember correctly the TrackPad came after the iPhone and other modern full screen touch devices. So removing the TP is in fact going backwards.
    Omnitech likes this.
    07-30-13 12:58 PM
    Tired subject for sure.

Freedom of choice is at stake here.

If no trackpad devices are offered, there is no choice.

Forced planned obsolescence is not always the right progression.
    12-29-13 09:11 AM
    No

Posted via CB10
    12-29-13 10:04 AM
    A trackpad on the q10 wouldn't be bad, z10 and z30, no.

Posted via CB10
    12-29-13 10:12 AM
    If it had a keyboard, then hell ya

Posted via CB10
    12-29-13 10:54 AM
    I do like the trackpad in some situations... I think it is very usefull for example when you're texting, and you want to place the cursor in the middle of the word, and i find way more confortable to scroll a email/website with the trackpad, you're making a much smaller movement wich is nicer than swiping the entire screen to scroll
    12-29-13 10:59 AM
    TP was great, but recently I think it's outdated with BlackBerry OS 10.x.x
    I really don't miss it.

Posted via CB10
    12-29-13 12:24 PM
110 ... 345