Whatts app = pile of poo

Z10STL100-2/10.2.1.2141
    Why is that? Can you be a little bit more specific than calling it crap.. I'm using it for last couple days and it's quick and simple.
    02-21-14 12:33 PM
    Good news for BBM. BlackBerry should make it available on Windows Phone though, that stops my friends' general discussion from being through BBM, as one of them has a windows based nokia device. Rest of them have BBM on their iPhones or Android based devices.

Posted via CB10
    02-21-14 12:37 PM
    I am very concerned about my privacy. Hence,

- I never use Internet.
    - I never use email.
    - I never use wireless phones either for texting, phone calls, apps, etc.
    - I never ever fill out any applications, papers, forms.

Kidding aside some people here think that, by not using WhatsApp, they insulate themselves from any privacy-related issues. Get real, folks.
    LOL

I don't go outside of my house and keep the drapes closed all day.

I never give my name phone number or address to anyone unless required by law.

When ordering food delivery or taking out the garbage I put on a full face ski hat so no one knows what I look like.

I am paranoid.
    bekkay likes this.
    02-21-14 12:51 PM
    Is it already too late for BBM? Horrible BBMX launch, the next release is still buggy and it's still buggy today and still missing features. Honestly they would've been better off waiting and releasing a real working version later on. Now they just made everyone who said "OK, I'll try it" and when they did it sucked so now they think BBRY is even more of a lost cause.

The company seems to keep shooting itself in the foot.
    JeepBB and bekkay like this.
    02-21-14 01:09 PM
    Is it already too late for BBM? Horrible BBMX launch, the next release is still buggy and it's still buggy today and still missing features. Honestly they would've been better off waiting and releasing a real working version later on. Now they just made everyone who said "OK, I'll try it" and when they did it sucked so now they think BBRY is even more of a lost cause.

The company seems to keep shooting itself in the foot.
    You're exactly right!

BlackBerry has become the laughing stock of the industry. I even saw them being made fun of in a sitcom the other night in a list of "has beens" that nobody cares about anymore.

Sad part is... BlackBerry has nobody to blame but themselves. They've botched the implementation of almost everything they've done in recent years.

Posted with Z10 via CB10
    bekkay, JeepBB and kbz1960 like this.
    02-21-14 01:26 PM
    LOL

When ordering food delivery or taking out the garbage I put on a full face ski hat so no one knows what I look like.

I am paranoid.
    Another tip: Never use a credit card to pay for anything. Only cash.
    02-21-14 02:36 PM
    Funny that's exactly why I prefer it over bbm.

Q10 SQN100-3 PCCW Hong Kong (non-BIS)
    Yh it's the ease of use that everyone is attracted to. And it's far more popular worldwide. It will be hard to me give bbm the status WhatsApp currently has.

Posted via CB10
    02-21-14 02:51 PM
    LOL

I am paranoid.
    This. The whole privacy thing about WhatsApp is a little out of hand here. The whole world uses WhatsApp. That's a fact of life.

Posted via CB10
    02-21-14 02:52 PM
    This. The whole privacy thing about WhatsApp is a little out of hand here. The whole world uses WhatsApp. That's a fact of life.

Posted via CB10
    Errmm, 70% of 450million is not even half of 14% of the whole world.. let's not go from one extreme to another..

TechCraze C0008DDD1
    02-21-14 03:01 PM
    Errmm, 70% of 450million is not even half of 14% of the whole world.. let's not go from one extreme to another..

TechCraze C0008DDD1
    The percentage is more substantial if you consider the population that have smartphones with data.
    02-21-14 03:08 PM
    I really don't care if people use it or not, but to stop using it because facebook now owns them is ludicrous.
    Let's assume that WhatsApp does mine data that you don't want them to have. Let's also assume that the reason Facebook bought them is to gain access to this information.. That you don't want them to have.
    Do you really think that WhatsApp or Facebook is going to purge their data on the day of the sale and start from scratch? If WhatsApp has your number now, and if that's a bad thing for you, you're too late. Deleting your account before the sale is not going to change a thing.
    02-21-14 03:18 PM
    The percentage is more substantial if you consider the population that have smartphones with data.
    Except he said the whole world, not the whole world of people who use smartphones, was just sticking to his circumference..

TechCraze C0008DDD1
    02-21-14 03:23 PM
    I stopped when bbm went cross platform

Posted via Z30 using CB10
    02-21-14 03:28 PM

Posted via CB10
    If the whole world jumps off a bridge will you? Good luck with that.

Posted via CB10
    02-21-14 04:37 PM

Posted via CB10
    After a couple billion jumped, I'd probably start to wonder what I was missing and I sure as hell wouldn't want to be the last one left.
    bekkay likes this.
    02-21-14 04:59 PM
    After a couple billion jumped, I'd probably start to wonder what I was missing and I sure as hell wouldn't want to be the last one left.
    Good luck with that! History apparently has taught us zilch!

Posted via CB10
    02-21-14 05:03 PM
    Good luck with that! History apparently has taught us zilch!

Posted via CB10
    Have there been other times where everyone in the world jumped off a bridge?
    bekkay likes this.
    02-21-14 05:31 PM
    Have there been other times where everyone in the world jumped off a bridge?
    Figuratively speaking, come on!

Posted via CB10
    02-21-14 05:39 PM
    Don't need anything beyond SMS
    02-21-14 05:40 PM
    I have tried Whatsapp and it was alright.. not very reliable.. wasn't sure if my messages were getting received. But honestly BBM is way better! especially with this recent update!
    02-21-14 07:51 PM

TechCraze C0008DDD1
    I meant the whole world of people that actually use smartphones. I thought common sense would prevail. But whatever.

U still pointed out that 70 percent of the 450 million use WhatsApp. This is a land slide.

Posted via CB10
    02-22-14 02:09 AM

Posted via CB10
    U used the analogy out of context. It's not relevant to the fact that the im world is dominated by WhatsApp. It's not an I follow you situation.

And so I'm guessing also, u are allowing people to make their own minds up about bbm. Even if u persuade them to use it for its advantages. You finish with, but of course the choice of im platform is entirely up to u.

I see some hypocrisy here, although people won't care to admit it.

Posted via CB10
    02-22-14 02:14 AM
    I think I will use it more now. It should get better now.

Posted via CB10
    02-22-14 02:37 AM
    Companies like WhatsApp that use the DMCA to abuse trademarks can die in a fire - https://raw.github.com/github/dmca/m...12-WhatsApp.md
    02-22-14 04:15 AM
    U used the analogy out of context. It's not relevant to the fact that the im world is dominated by WhatsApp. It's not an I follow you situation.

And so I'm guessing also, u are allowing people to make their own minds up about bbm. Even if u persuade them to use it for its advantages. You finish with, but of course the choice of im platform is entirely up to u.

I see some hypocrisy here, although people won't care to admit it.

Posted via CB10
    No the analogy is spot on, you or your bud there suggested that there are millions of users globally,how did they get to that status? You confirmed my statement it IS" I follow you " you mentioned that the world is dominated once again here by What s app, Do you know where your info is going? What it's being used for? Who has access to it? How secure is it? Or are you part of the. Generation posting their daily minute by minute activity on line including what they eat or when they take a dump? I'm promoting Privacy not a device ,not BBM, as I have said if FB had acquired BlackBerry I would have been out of here. And Yes it precisely is a matter of Freedom of Choice, part of Freedom includes ones right to privacy. One is innocent until proven guilty or so it once was, now everyone is guilty till they prove otherwise. This is in essence my gripe with the entire gathering of personal info. The other part is, who is watching the Crypt keeper? But hey its ok we can mindlessly follow the world number one i.m that's now bought by the number one violator of privacy rules FB. Didn't you read ? They now will not close your profile when you die, you get to continue to "live on"!

Posted via CB10
    02-22-14 08:07 AM
127 ... 3456