Hi all,

Is there a quick way to remove the IT policy/BES activation without having my BB wiped out? I would like to install the Empower to separate my personal/BES mailboxes, but our IT policy doesn't allow installation of new apps, therefore I'd like to remove my BES activation, install the app and then have our IT guys reinstall the BES on the device. I'm sure they would be okay with this, I just don't feel like wiping out the whole device just because of one app.

Any help is much appreciated!
    12-17-08 09:46 AM
    If IT is ok with you installing Empower, they can enable apps installation in the IT policy long enough for you to install Empower, then disable it again. That way you won't have any problems. If they are unwilling to do that, they will likely be unhappy with you if you break the IT policy. And that can carry employment termination consequences.
    12-17-08 10:46 PM
    Normally, I wouldn't recommend breaking IT Policy for installing any app. In most cases talking to your BES Admin nicely and explaining him the benefits derived is enough to have him whitelist the application for you to install.

Since Empower BESMailBox is anyway meant for enterprise customers, most companies are happy to whitelist it when they see the value derived. Try it, you never know!

Best,
    Ani.
    12-18-08 12:02 AM
    Hi all,

Is there a quick way to remove the IT policy/BES activation without having my BB wiped out? I would like to install the Empower to separate my personal/BES mailboxes, but our IT policy doesn't allow installation of new apps, therefore I'd like to remove my BES activation, install the app and then have our IT guys reinstall the BES on the device. I'm sure they would be okay with this, I just don't feel like wiping out the whole device just because of one app.

Any help is much appreciated!
    Even if you wipe the device, your IT policy is not removed. Just your IT connection is.
    12-18-08 12:04 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD