07-12-16 12:42 PM
    "Tinfoil hatters"... Same old rebuttal... Get some new material and while you're at it, try a little self research, it will go a long way... I mean clearly there is time available to spend endless hours a day playing a data-mining pysops like this, why not do yourself a favor and take even half that time to review exactly what you're giving up while 'playing'? (See this: Pokemon Go maker: Coding error gave company access to your emails - Jul. 11, 2016 , this: Pokemon Go: Gotta catch all your personal data - CNET , this: Pokemon Go Is a Hacker?s Dream - The Daily Beast , and this: Your Pok�mon Go Legal Rights ? Don?t Get in Trouble! | LawNewz for starters... And plenty more... No 'tinfoil hat' needed, just an open mind as it's all laid out in basic black and white...) OR just read the terms and conditions of the app... Spells it all out as well... My favorite Orwellian line of the Pok�mon T&C's is this gem:
    Attachment 403853

Or is the apathy just THAT overpowering? Just saying, if you 'Gotta catch 'em all', I'd do so with a VPN, a junk email account and a spare cell phone... Better to be vigilant than ignorant, in my opinion, but to each their own...

Posted via CB10
    In this post: wild assumptions and extremism.

I actually spend the vast majority of my free time researching things of useful merit, but I've come to the point now where the privacy argument is beginning to become akin to extremist arguments of any kind. Sure, there's a certain amount of concern needed for privacy, but extremists just take it too far, like in all things, and the extremist approach only serves to alienate the extremists from the rest of us. All aspects of life are best met with moderation, and the same statement applies to privacy concerns.

The wonderful thing about this particular game is that it has managed to unite everyone across a common ground, and given how fractured our society currently is, something like this is sorely needed. Some have said it's a waste, that it's a distraction (I know, it wasn't you, but it fits my narrative), but right now, it's what we need. The world is full of hate, strife, and disgust, it's no wonder people seek any means of escape from that. But, with this game, it brings complete and total strangers together and unites them with a common ground, all walks of life are accepted on equal footing. And that is a prize worth going after.

Like with any form of technology, there will be problems, and any application you use opens you up to a potential world of exploits and vulnerabilities. And, addressing the data mining aspect, simply living in this day and age results in your data being mined at some level, so there is no escaping it, unless you intend to completely isolate yourself away from society in every single way possible, including this particular form of communication over the internet that you yourself have already used.

Rant over, as an FYI, I won't be checking back on replies, so feel free to have a field day at my expense. I certainly won't be losing sleep over it.
    07-12-16 01:17 PM
    I sleep in a tinfoil house, down by the river, under a bridge, with no electronic devices. I have nothing to worry to worry about...

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    07-12-16 01:40 PM
    but right now, it's what we need.
    I don't think Pok�mon Go is quite "what we need" at this time, but hey, if it placates your thoughts and soothes your lifestyle, enjoy... My 'extremist' point of view is simply blatant reality... Nothing more, nothing less...

Posted via CB10
    07-12-16 01:55 PM
    I sleep in a tinfoil house, down by the river, under a bridge, with no electronic devices. I have nothing to worry to worry about...

New reality show -- Nut under a bridge -- Sponsored by Planters
    FF22 and Sigewif like this.
    07-12-16 02:04 PM
    I don't think Pok�mon Go is quite "what we need" at this time, but hey, if it placates your thoughts and soothes your lifestyle, enjoy... My 'extremist' point of view is simply blatant reality... Nothing more, nothing less...

Posted via CB10
    Ingress with a Pokemon overlay. Ingress portals are Pokemon portals.
    Have seen the game in split view already, daughter and son-in-law play both Ingress and Pokemon, Ingress people are nice people have attended a few Ingress parties, a diverse topic field, don't partake now but have played Ingress for a short time.
    07-12-16 02:08 PM
    New reality show -- Nut under a bridge -- Sponsored by Planters
    Dude, lots of Pok�mon under this bridge.

07-12-16 02:15 PM
    These kinds of games are a waste of time and good neurons as far as I'm concerned. Anything that distracts people from what's going on around them in the real world is creation of evil designed to turn free willed humans into automatons, which is exactly what our leaders want us to be.

Posted from my BlackBerry Priv on Rogers Network.
    Basically.....i keep hearing footsteps in the dark....

07-12-16 02:15 PM

Lol! Don't worry, be happy!
    07-12-16 02:24 PM
    These kinds of games are a waste of time and good neurons as far as I'm concerned. Anything that distracts people from what's going on around them in the real world is creation of evil designed to turn free willed humans into automatons, which is exactly what our leaders want us to be.

Posted from my BlackBerry Priv on Rogers Network.
    Like a good book?
    07-12-16 07:19 PM
    I can't wait to go outside tonight and catch some Pok�mon!

07-12-16 07:30 PM
    not bashing the game even though i'm not into it, but it shouldn't be played by dumb asses with a "smartphone". so far a dead body has been found and the person actually told the reporter that they had to "think" if they should call 911 or keep playing before actually calling 911, heard on the news today that a loaded gun was found, some ***** stopped in the middle of a freeway while driving to kill a pokemon and caused a wreck because of this game, and not to mention the countless people who are so focused on a screen that they just blindly walk into traffic. and let's not forget about the people who were robbed. it's like common sense got fried upon game download. to each their own, but i can't be focused on a game for that long and walking around burning up data, my battery and running my bill up for a game.
    BBd00d likes this.
    07-12-16 08:28 PM
    Not yet available here's in south Africa, but I can't wait.
    07-12-16 11:38 PM
    I swear I never seen soo many kids out since Halloween. My neighbourhood is crawling with them, right up just past dusk. There's also a mix of young to middle aged adults.
    They're hunting in packs of two and three. I would say it's a great way to get outdoors but what's the point when your face is staring at your phone most of the time.

Posted via CB10
    07-12-16 11:43 PM
    A lot of people seem to have a problem with this game. I wonder, is it simply because of personal preferences? Or is it because it isn't available for BB10?
    Last edited by MikeX74; 07-13-16 at 01:25 PM.
    07-13-16 05:47 AM
    So far loving it. Gets me outside. Lol

Posted via BlackBerry PRIV
    07-13-16 06:07 AM
    A lot of people seems to have a problem with this game. I wonder, is it simply because of personal preferences? Or is it because it isn't available for BB10?
    "Everyone else is having fun with a new thing, let's crap all over the thing and point out how stupid everyone is for enjoying it."
    07-13-16 06:52 AM
    A lot of people seems to have a problem with this game. I wonder, is it simply because of personal preferences? Or is it because it isn't available for BB10?
    Lol! If I can't enjoy it, nobody else should. :P

*C5303
    07-13-16 07:05 AM
    Typical bitter BlackBerry fanboys, another smash mobile hit is not available on their beloved BB10...
    07-13-16 11:01 AM
    I was out for a walk this morning when I saw 3 adults who were standing around separately in a graveyard all looking down at what I assume were devices. It's getting to be a more and more common sight and I'll be honest it's one I don't completely understand. I didn't get Pok�mon the first time around, I'm even more puzzled by it this time around. I give it 6 months.
    07-13-16 11:56 AM
    "Everyone else is having fun with a new thing, let's crap all over the thing and point out how stupid everyone is for enjoying it."
    #toolsnottoys
    07-13-16 12:34 PM

Really what bridge? and is there a gym near the bridge?

Sorry I would type more but I just saw a Pok�mon.
    07-13-16 03:13 PM
    I was out for a walk this morning when I saw 3 adults who were standing around separately in a graveyard all looking down at what I assume were devices. It's getting to be a more and more common sight and I'll be honest it's one I don't completely understand. I didn't get Pok�mon the first time around, I'm even more puzzled by it this time around. I give it 6 months.
    Six months might be generous... but who knows what the developers will do to keep users engaged.

But it shows how a game can be moved into the "real" world. And don't doubt the marketing potential of a game that gets people out hunting for Pokemon...
    07-13-16 03:24 PM
    Saw four tween boys wondering about on a Target parking lot having great fun with Pokeman Go. I envied them.
    07-13-16 05:05 PM
    How about if you don't like it, don't play it and don't post about it. Seems pretty simple.

Now I'm off to tell people they're stupid and that the data miners are in their bushes.
    artemis-kun likes this.
    07-13-16 07:17 PM
53 123