07-11-16 07:20 PM
    It's also a monster data-mining app as well as menace to the village idiots out there who are using it to rob others http://www.usatoday.com/story/tech/2...ries/86922474/ and/or those getting shot by trespassing on someone's property late at night to capture that Squirtle... http://abc13.com/news/warning-pokemo...shot-/1421668/ even a near kidnapping http://www.revelist.com/internet/pok...disasters/3512

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    n8tiveg and CerveloJohn like this.
    07-11-16 07:26 PM
    I prefer Ingress. It's been around since 2012 and it's geared more towards adults. Resistance for life!

luisoman2000 likes this.
    07-11-16 07:31 PM
    It's a monster all right -- at sucking up all your data after you handed it permission to do so!
    07-11-16 07:33 PM
    I prefer Ingress. It's been around since 2012 and it's geared more towards adults. Resistance for life!

Pokemon Go is a psyops brought to you via the same data-mining shill that developed Ingress as well... Niantic, which was formed by John Hanke. Hanke was the original founder of Keyhole (which was acquired by Google, by the way...) a program that received a large chunk of its funding from In-Q-Tel, a government-controlled venture capital firm that, in turn, is supported largely by National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency (NGA), whose primary mission is �collecting, analyzing, and distributing geospatial intelligence.� Very easy to spot the true intent behind these 'games'...

Last edited by CivilDissident; 07-11-16 at 09:28 PM.
    jberb1984 likes this.
    07-11-16 07:35 PM
    Really!!! Who needs this crap????

That's the reason why BB10 hadn't a chance.
    Because the majority of the smartphone users are kids and teens. And they give a **** of how good the OS is. They only want there games and the soo existential social apps.

Posted from my Z30 (10.3.2.2876) #ILoveBB10Apps #ILoveBB10 #LoveHelloGames #NoMansSky
    Vidge likes this.
    07-11-16 07:51 PM
    Really!!! Who needs this crap????

That's the reason why BB10 hadn't a chance.
    Because the majority of the smartphone users are kids and teens. And they give a **** of how good the OS is. They only want there games and the soo existential social apps.

Posted from my Z30 (10.3.2.2876) #ILoveBB10Apps #ILoveBB10 #LoveHelloGames #NoMansSky
    In all fairness, from everything I have seen so far, Pokemon GO seems to be played for the majority by adults...the very same adults that were kids/teens whenever Pokemon came out.
    Furthermore to that, the majority of people that design and develop phones are adults...for other adults.
    BB10 doesn't have a chance for many other reasons, don't blame the children.
    07-11-16 08:12 PM
    I'm all for it because it has gotten me outdoors and exploring nature trails and public sites and historical landmarks I had never even noticed before Ingress came along. As a result, my family is outdoors almost every weekend enjoying a new park or trail or campground I discovered while playing. I've heard countless stories similar to mine from other gamers as well.

Anything that gets more people active is a positive thing.

07-11-16 09:07 PM
    My wife is even enjoying it. Though her phone is showing its lack of performance. My Priv has been rock solid throughout on Lollipop.

They really need to up the speed capabilities for biking egg hatches.

07-11-16 09:14 PM
    Pok�mon Go took me back to my childhood. Yeah, they might be mining my data, but I found ekans on my way across campus yesterday so that's worth it.

07-12-16 05:19 AM
    Nice to see the sane arguments in this thread balancing out the tinfoil hatters
    07-12-16 09:29 AM
    Anyone have a verified safe apk file for those of us in canada?
    07-12-16 10:29 AM
    It's rather weird to watch people playing the game near where I live especially when the "gyms" are all near water towers.. That are in graveyards.. Gotta catch em all. I have to say though the majority of kids playing it are my age.. Mid-30s lol.. But I do think most people will stop playing when they get their next phone bill.

donnation likes this.
    07-12-16 10:37 AM
    Everyone can play what they want. Just don't forget the Safety of yourself and others!

 B L A C K B E R R Y [ P R I V ]  | CB APP | A N D R O I D
    07-12-16 11:03 AM
    I never watched Pokemon as a kid so I wouldn't get the appeal. Now if you made a DragonBall Z version, I'm might partake.

Posted via the PrivZilla!
    Last edited by Carmels; 07-13-16 at 06:26 AM.
    07-12-16 11:18 AM
    I never watched Pokemon as a kid so I wouldn't get the appeal. Now if you male a DragonBall Z version, I'm might partake.

Posted via the PrivZilla!
    Dragon Ball Dokkan Battle is mighty fun, you don't get to go on adventures though. They have stuff from Super, Z, GT and Dragon Ball and even some custom stuff like ssj3 Vegeta.
    07-12-16 11:39 AM
    These kinds of games are a waste of time and good neurons as far as I'm concerned. Anything that distracts people from what's going on around them in the real world is creation of evil designed to turn free willed humans into automatons, which is exactly what our leaders want us to be.

Posted from my BlackBerry Priv on Rogers Network.
    CerveloJohn, miker476 and BBd00d like this.
    07-12-16 12:01 PM
    Nice to see the sane arguments in this thread balancing out the tinfoil hatters
    "Tinfoil hatters"... Same old rebuttal... Get some new material and while you're at it, try a little self research, it will go a long way... I mean clearly there is time available to spend endless hours a day playing a data-mining pysops like this, why not do yourself a favor and take even half that time to review exactly what you're giving up while 'playing'? (See this: http://money.cnn.com/2016/07/11/tech...ils/index.html , this: http://www.cnet.com/news/pokemon-go-...personal-data/ , this: http://www.thedailybeast.com/article...r-s-dream.html , and this: http://lawnewz.com/high-profile/your...et-in-trouble/ for starters... And plenty more... No 'tinfoil hat' needed, just an open mind as it's all laid out in basic black and white...) OR just read the terms and conditions of the app... Spells it all out as well... My favorite Orwellian line of the Pok�mon T&C's is this gem:
    Pokemon Go is a monster mobile hit-img_20160712_125907_edit.png

Or is the apathy just THAT overpowering? Just saying, if you 'Gotta catch 'em all', I'd do so with a VPN, a junk email account and a spare cell phone... Better to be vigilant than ignorant, in my opinion, but to each their own...

Posted via CB10
    Vidge likes this.
    07-12-16 12:07 PM
    Don't do illegal crap and they won't submit your data. That's how I see it.
    Carmels likes this.
    07-12-16 12:19 PM
    You know it's just a matter of time before someone gets hurt or killed or is playing while driving. I feel more and more that the movie Idiocracy will come to be reality.
    CivilDissident likes this.
    07-12-16 12:20 PM
    Don't do illegal crap and they won't submit your data. That's how I see it.
    You see it wrong... Data-mining goes beyond 'illegal activities'... Hence why it blatantly states "law enforcement agencies, Government and THIRD PARTIES"... You see, if it were only criminals they were handing over information on it would simply be left at 'law enforcement agencies'... But yeah, keep thinking that if it helps you feel better...

Posted via CB10
    07-12-16 12:26 PM
    I have no idea what Pokemon is. My "Wonder Bread" years encompassed:

The Lone Ranger
    Cisco Kid
    Flash Gordon
    Sigewif likes this.
    07-12-16 12:29 PM
    You know it's just a matter of time before someone gets hurt or killed or is playing while driving. I feel more and more that the movie Idiocracy will come to be reality.
    People have already been hurt by playing this game... Plenty of articles on this as well... Idiocracy is alive and well, Pok�mon Go is simply capitalizing off this Cash Crop of stupidity...

Posted via CB10
    07-12-16 12:29 PM
    I have no idea what Pokemon is. My "Wonder Bread" years encompassed:

The Lone Ranger
    Cisco Kid
    Flash Gordon
    Pok�mon are cute little creatures... I still have my full collection of cards as well as various games from numerous platforms, but this particular run of it is anything but 'cute'...

Pok�mon used to be all harmless and adorable like:
    Pokemon Go is a monster mobile hit-bx3vozn.jpg

But now Pok�mon are looking more like:
    Pokemon Go is a monster mobile hit-uud5f1ku3qsfli6ogytl.png

Posted via CB10
    07-12-16 12:34 PM
    The Priv is really great for Pok�mon. The bright screen is awesome for outdoors.

I went for a 90 min walk last night. Of course I had to bring a QC 2.0 external battery pack with me!

07-12-16 12:35 PM
53 123