Hey all! I know that this may seem a bit simple to a lot of you guys, but what I would like to request is a step by step tutorial on downloading podcasts and getting them to my media card so they will play for me.

I searched and searched, tried different things, dragged and dropped, transfered all kinds of files and after thinking I had it figured out found that I have a bunch of podcasts that are listed but will not play on my music player.

This is also the first time I am trying to load any sort of podcasts onto any mp3 player, up until now I've only loaded purchased music. So, I need to understand right from jump--what program do I need to download on my puter to start with, what steps I take to then download the various podcasts to my computer, how I then go about transferring those from my computer to my BB.

I downloaded iTunes and it seems to have more options that end up taking me to the damn store than anything, and plenty of support for ipods but none for other devices.

The simplest way to do this with the least steps or options would be greatly appreciated. For example, if somebody could go through each step in getting a cartalk podcast from the npr site as if they it was the first time they did it on a new computer and BB. That person would be my new hero.

Thanks in advance!

Eli
    01-14-08 01:35 AM
    the frist thing you want to do is download the desktop manager

then you should make sure that thes are in an aproapet format check that hear http://forums.crackberry.com/f5/supp...00-8800-a-518/

if so, and if just audio then drag and drop should work or you can use the desktop manager

if there in the wrong format then youll need to convert them with the desktop manager or some other converter

all video needs to be converted with the desktop manager or blackberry video converter is the ezest iv found there are others even if it in the right format it not ment to play on a 2 inch screen

sorry for seplling/gramar
    Last edited by tomdick; 01-14-08 at 08:48 AM. Reason: really bad grammar had to fix
    01-14-08 08:46 AM
    Thank you Tom!

I guess I was doing it right but there seems to be an issue with my DM. After I used window media manager to transfer the files it worked fine. My DM used to transfer stuff fine, but I upgraded my OS a couple of times and prolly screwed something up. I have to say I don't really care for iTunes and would love to cut them out of the equation if anyone knows a different program that would let me drag and drop directly?

Thanks,

Eli
    01-14-08 03:21 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD