I have purchased the Pocket Informant application, and after installing it and after upgrading to the current version when you open it it opens real slow and sometimes locks up for a short time then works fine. Has anyone else had this problem and if so what did you do? I am thinking of scrapping this application and buying someone else's.
    10-23-08 05:11 PM
    What version do you have? I have it and love it. It is synching when you open it. Alex and Don are real good at answering questions. You do know it is a work in progress. I would be lost without it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-23-08 05:24 PM
    Version 1.01 (4.2)
    What version do you have? I have it and love it. It is synching when you open it. Alex and Don are real good at answering questions. You do know it is a work in progress. I would be lost without it.

10-23-08 05:46 PM
    K that is what I have. How long is it taking to start up? I know the start up is not instant, but with everything it does I don't mind. They are working on a synch that bypasses the BB PIM and will synch with outlook. From what Alex has said it shouldn't be long.

10-23-08 05:55 PM
    It is slow starting up and when you try to switch from the different views like agenda, weekly, monthly. or trying to ge tto contacts. sometimes it takes forever.
    10-23-08 08:45 PM
    Do you have the forum address to talk to Alex and don? If not let me know and I will PM it to you. I know they will be able to help you. They have answered all my questions.

10-23-08 09:16 PM
    What is pocket informant

10-23-08 09:18 PM
    PIBB is a calandar app that let's you colorize your categories and add icons for each. I can glance at my calandar and know immediately what I need to do - red is husbands soccer, lt blue is church, gray is family stuff etc. I couldn't function without it. Before PIBB I carried my BB and a calandar.

10-23-08 10:08 PM
    Sounds interesting.... I think I'll go check it out to see if there is a free trial.
    10-24-08 06:13 AM
    There is but it only gives you like 10 events - I believe. To me it has been worth every penny - real cheap compared to the Franklin Coveys I bought yearly.

10-24-08 07:44 AM
    Yes they helped me greatly I hav eit to sync automatically upon start up they said to let it run in the background and not shut it down completely.
    10-24-08 09:12 AM
    Where to check for installed icon pack?

I don't see icons in PI!
    04-02-09 03:10 PM
    The icons are a separate download.

Here is the icons OTA: http://download.pocketinformant.com/..._icon_pack.jad

04-02-09 11:58 PM
    ^^^Thanks for that,

For icons,we've to go to options--->categories---->select icons!
    04-03-09 07:21 AM
    Your welcome.

04-03-09 08:07 AM
    Back in the days of my WindowsMobile phone, I used Pocket Informant exclusively and LOVED it!
    I am trying PI version 1.50 build 3288 for the Storm. So far, I like.
    Maybe it is a feature in the registered version, but how can you have it as the default PIM. So when I click on the Calendar button, it opens PI, click on Contacts it opens PI....

Thanks!!!
    04-17-09 10:11 AM
    Back in the days of my WindowsMobile phone, I used Pocket Informant exclusively and LOVED it!
    I am trying PI version 1.50 build 3288 for the Storm. So far, I like.
    Maybe it is a feature in the registered version, but how can you have it as the default PIM. So when I click on the Calendar button, it opens PI, click on Contacts it opens PI....

Thanks!!!
    Can't do that. I just hide my calendar icon and stick PI in it's place. I wish you could change default apps.
    04-17-09 02:27 PM
    And that reminds me, I need to pester them about why you can't create a calendar entry or task and just send it to somebody vs. making them an attendee. My wife and I send each other tasks quite often from the default calendar.
    04-17-09 02:30 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD