hello everybody
    greetings frm egypt
    im thinking of getting my 1st ever blackberry smartphone
    and im thinking of the bold 9780 it seems to be awesome
    bt i heard there r a LOT of software and hardware failure and malfunctioning
    also ive heard of the 2011 line up of the new phones shall i continue ordering the 9780 or shall i w8
    04-13-11 06:18 AM
    Moved to General Discussion
    04-13-11 12:28 PM
    I recently got my first every Blackberry smartphone and it's a Bold 9780. I love it! I haven't even had it a week so I haven't come across any problems *Touch wood*. I've come from using an iphone 3G and while I still have that as a backup I think I will always have BB's from now on. I have friends all over the world that own BB's so I love the BBM. I'm usually slack with reading and replying to my email but my BB makes it so easy that I'm no longer taking weeks to check and reply to emails. The notifications for email, messages and social networking are a lot more consistent than my iphone ever was and I like the LED that lets me know when I have a message or notification. The battery life is awesome, the phone feels much lighter and I'm quite fast on the keyboard now. I keep going to use it like a touch screen but I just need to get used to the trackpad although I use the trackpad on my laptop so I like that I have one on my phone now too.

The point of my ramblings is I would say go with the Blackberry but at the end of the day it's a personal decision and you have to decide which phones suits you and your needs best.
    04-14-11 04:23 AM
    If you can wait until the new phones are released.
    04-14-11 06:05 AM
    WAIT until the new devices are released, and decide from there!
    04-14-11 08:10 AM
    definitely wait for new devices
    04-14-11 08:16 AM
    I say go ahead and buy it now unless there's something coming out you really want. You could wait til the new stuff comes out but by then, something else NEW will be coming out further down the road. I for one get tired of playing that game. If there is a BB out there now that meets your needs then get it. I would NOT, however, settle for something you don't really want. This is one thing I've learned from experience. If the device you're looking at now works for you, then why wait? There is ALWAYS something bigger and better coming along.
    04-14-11 09:34 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD