Does the popularity of the iPad help RIM? Is it possible that people will be less concerned with the lack of Netflix on their BB phones if they have it on their tablet anyway?
    Same with Skype.
    Do you need it on your phone and tablet?
    09-18-12 07:10 AM
    I think the ipad's popularity opened up peoples minds to the idea of having a tablet. So now they can walk into any electronics store and have a choice of what flavor tablet they do want.
    So once bb10 is out, the playbook and phone will be similiar devices. I feel that if its available for one it should be for the other, unless needed hardware is missing. Having the option on both won't hurt. You never know when you'll need it.
    09-18-12 07:40 AM
    I get what you're saying, but in that case, what you're saying is that RIM should "advertise" another company's product.

Apple said: "There's an app for that"
    RIM can say: "Don't worry, you can do that with someone else's technology" .... Not exactly a great selling point!

I don't use Skype or Netflix, so I don't particularly care if they're there or not, but quite a few people do use them, so want them to be there. And I agree that they should be there.

It's not going to stop me from getting BB10, but I can see it being an excuse for some.

Si.
    09-18-12 07:50 AM
    RIM doesn't have to say that but companies that give phones to their employees can.
    And people selling BB phones to people who currently have iPads can.
    It is not that BBs should not have these apps but if Netflix, for example, doesn't want to build an app there is nothing RIM can do.
    09-18-12 08:06 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD