Can someone pleeeease help me?! I just bought a new bb 8330 curve a week ago, and yesterday I bought a SanDisk 2GB MicroSD to try to use. However, when I go into Options>Media Card>Install Media Card, absolutely nothing happens, and nothing changes - I get the message that "Media card cannot be read. Verify that the memory card is formatted." When I try to format the media card, I get the error message, "Media Card Format Failed." I am positive that it is physically installed correctly, because when I plug by bb into my computer the card comes up as a drive and i can explore it. When I look at the card's properties on my computer it says that 2.40MB are used and 1.88GB are free. File system is FAT. If i put a file in it and then unplug the bb, I cant find it anywhere. In fact, when I go into Media>Explore, only Device Memory shows up. I also do not work for a company, so I'm pretty sure no one is blocking the card. I absolutely cannot figure out what to do - It feels like I have done at least 50 battery pulls with the device both on and off.. nothing changes. Please PLEASE PLEASE help me!!!!

Thanks!
    05-22-08 05:03 PM
    Could be a dead card. I had one of those. Try connecting the card to your PC and see if you can format it there (Format it as FAT32)

Also check out the lecture series here http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/blac...e-series-4716/ It has an article on the Media Card.
    05-22-08 05:45 PM
    Pete6: I spent several hours today with ems2857 trying to solve his problem. Here's the thread: http://forums.crackberry.com/f61/mic...problem-35055/ He starts at post #10 in this thread. I'm sending this so you can see what we already tried. I hope you can help him. I'm stumped.
    05-22-08 10:33 PM
    Its definitely the memory card, ive had that happened to me before, call sandisk
    05-22-08 10:36 PM
    Is that your opinion after reading the thread I posted from earlier today, or just based on his first post in this thread? You may be right; I'm not trying to argue with you, just wondering if you saw all we already looked at.
    05-22-08 10:44 PM
    I take it you tried fat32 on your pc, if so go to staples or wallyworld and get a 1gig, they're cheap. Try that, if still no go, it's the berry.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-22-08 10:44 PM
    I thought the correct format was FAT or FAT16. I know you can't format FAT32 in the blackberry. I don't know if he tried FAT32 or not. Did you read the thread in post #3?
    05-22-08 10:54 PM
    Sure, but I also formatted mine with fat32 a few months ago and judging by the music coming out of it right now, I'd say it works ok. Don't be sceered, what's the worst that will happen? Won't work..
    Hmmmm.

05-22-08 11:02 PM
    After you try it and it works, make sure you format it in your phone, that won't change anything, but will put the media files on for you.
    GL

05-22-08 11:05 PM
    ...what's the worst that will happen? Won't work..
    Hmmmm.
    Yeah, he's there already. Nothing left to lose. And thanks for the update re formats.
    05-22-08 11:06 PM
    Won't reformatting it in his phone change it from FAT32 back to FAT?
    05-22-08 11:08 PM
    Brother, you've been at this for a while by looking at these threads, try what I suggested and check the card memory aftewards, it'll be right, don't overthink this. Then let's drink a beer and start getting some music and video on it.

05-22-08 11:21 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD