I was responding to this article technically me and this guy are going back and forth. With my last comment I want you guys to be honest blackberry fan or not if what I am saying is making sense in terms of blackberry future. Plus throw in anything you can think as well I could have added or even anything when it comes to the mobile world..

Here is the link of the article in case you want to see my responses to some people on there

BlackBerry fans poke fun at Apple iCloud - Sep. 4, 2014

jonline 19 hours ago

#blackberry soon to be #goneberry. Its an irrelevant has been

Anthony Roberts jonline 18 hours ago

R.I.P BB or gone BB has been going for years since when 2009 or 2010 and they are still. BlackBerry is always and always been an enterprise phone focusing on security!!! They will never go away they have accounts and ties with tons of governments on a international level.....you think those government would iOS or Android to secure their data??? Come on be realistic

Edit

jonline Anthony Roberts 15 hours ago

Except IBM. Will now provision devices for businesses and the government allows iPhone too. Blackberry and windows phones now control 4% of the operating systems. It's dead man walking

Anthony Roberts jonline 12 hours ago

You know BlackBerry and IBM have always been working together right ? Even recently with their BES cloud announcement IBM will be one of the partners that will host it for them in europe...and no government will allow iPhone maybe for low level employees but the highest security profiles will always be managed BlackBerry. You do know not everything evolves around the us right ? There are markets where blackberry is still strong ....India....Indonesia....Africa....Philippines... ... And so on where they have over 10 to 30 percent market share so calm down Buddy and with entry level z3 their user base will grow even more and more ..,

Edit

jonline Anthony Roberts 4 hours ago

You do realize that the market share for Blackberry has nearly disappeared in North America as a whole, right? You do know that with IBM provisioning iPhones now that it means its customer base was asking for them, right? You do know that when an option appears from IBM that most of their customers will either adopt it equally or wholly right? You know that blackberrys' share globally is now considered too small to count, right? You do know that in Africa, Indonesia, India, Phlliipines that blackberrys market share was 30% 5 years ago and that is share in those country's specifically is less than 14% now, right. They lost 1/2 their market share in 5 years. Maybe you should consider some actual facts before you defend you device in a death spiral, right?

Anthony Roberts jonline 4 minutes ago

Sigh I think you're not seeing the bigger picture.....BlackBerry is focusing on being more than just hardware sales......They are focusing more and more on services.....BES 12...QNX...BBM...last but not least hardware.....BB10 is new and it will take time for a new OS to fully be grabbed by the market in total 5 years.....Let's at a little history....Blackberry was leading 4 to 5 years ago big time...apple came took that away little by little didnt happen in 2 years.....and apple had the biggest market share....then android came along...reviews for android with the first device the HTC dream was lukewarm at best....I use to work for rogers and let tell me you complaints and more complaints about that phone then little by little they took away market share from blackberry....with future phones and updates....gingerbread...honey comb...ice cream sandwich...jellybean...kitkat....slowly but surely grabbing marketshare from both apple and blackberry.....now at 85 % and apple lost tons and tons of market share...not here is the funny thing even though iOS market share is now at best 12% gloabally they have huge and huge margins on each device sold....makes way more money than google (Apple) US$ 170.91 billion (2013) revenue VS
    US$ 59.825 billion (2013) (Google) and apple has way way less market share.....

Now lets look at the bigger picture Blackberry said just needs to sell 10 million devices a year to make the hardware business profitable and that number will increase little by little each quarter...just last quarter was the first quarter they sold more BB10 devices than BBOS devices which is good because the previous quarters before that BBOS was outselling BB10.....Blackberry (John Chen) because I think previous management was dumb and foolish so I will not use BB past against them since so far John Chen been in power nothing but positive gains with blackberry and he isnt an *****.

Sybase was in the red for years and I mean years and it took him years to turn it around. When he assumed control of Sybase in 1998, the software maker was in the
    midst of a restructuring, had announced plans to cut 10 percent of its workforce and was trading near a record low. In 2010, he sold Sybase to SAP AG for $5.8 billion, more than six times its value at the start of his tenure.

Remember this my friend BB10 is still in its infant stage and turnaround takes years to happen.

Tons and I mean of people wrote off apple in the 90's and I mean tons then 2 things happened in 1997 entered an agreement deal for 5 years to sell microsoft office on their mac's because apple was suffering big time and that helped and apple came out with the best product that put them on the map....was it the iPhone...NO....the iPod!!!! All it takes is an idea my friend and year and year of improving it hardware wise and software wise in the mobile industry.

Remember this apple was in a far far far far worse position than blackberry is today remember that.

Stop just focusing on the small picture market share this and market share that....

This month September 24th and 2 days later I believe is the quarterly results and shares and marketshare will keep on growing and growing and growing.

BlackBerry Blend
    Blackberry Passport
    BES12

Those 4 points up above.....enough said...a couple of years down the road I will come back to this very post or any comment u spew and say I told you so....
    notafanboy likes this.
    09-05-14 08:26 AM
    I think you're too wrapped up in a comments section of an article. Why do you care or need to validate what you said? Everyone in here will agree with what you said so if you are looking for pats on the back you'll get them, but comments sections have and always will be filled with trolls no matter what the topic is so who really cares.
    09-05-14 09:19 AM
    I think you're too wrapped up in a comments section of an article. Why do you care or need to validate what you said? Everyone in here will agree with what you said so if you are looking for pats on the back you'll get them, but comments sections have and always will be filled with trolls no matter what the topic is so who really cares.
    Makes sense but not looking for a pat in the back. I am asking if what I am saying makes sense that's all in terms of what blackberry plan is makes sense in the future for the long term.
    09-05-14 09:30 AM
    Geez......once again I have to agree. in the OP's defense.....sometimes one gets pushed to the limit and enough is enough. I've been there with this topic.....lol. OP...BlackBerry is starting to head in the right direction. Yes BB10, BES13 and Blend have great potential. It's up to BlackBerry to execute this over the next year. It will be all good in time. No worries.

Posted via CB10
    09-05-14 09:34 AM
    Geez......once again I have to agree. in the OP's defense.....sometimes one gets pushed to the limit and enough is enough. I've been there with this topic.....lol. OP...BlackBerry is starting to head in the right direction. Yes BB10, BES13 and Blend have great potential. It's up to BlackBerry to execute this over the next year. It will be all good in time. No worries.

Posted via CB10
    Yup I know just have to sit back and enjoy the rollercoaster ride . It's just people aggrevate me with their stupid response like these negative comments have been going for years....they act like BlackBerry is billions in debt or something and have zero clients in enterprise and consumer market...people like that are sad....the mobile world things go up and down for everybody.....
    09-05-14 09:38 AM

Posted via CB10
    If you get pushed to the edge by some ***** troll on some stupid website, I'd suggest you spend more time working on social skills and less time on stupid websites.
    mikeo007 and JeepBB like this.
    09-05-14 09:59 AM
    Well said OP, well said. You have succeeded in educating that fool's ignorance! Not just him, others who might be reading the article and the comments that follow too. More people now hear the truth courtesy of you!
    ...and to those who think you should have kept quiet, i say no! When you visit websites like that, you should maximise the opportunity to educate the forum...not just because of the trolls but also because of others who might truelly be ignorant. If you say nothing, they will believe the trolls and join the "BB is Dead" bandwagon. Remember, evil spreads when good men choose to do nothing (or keep quiet).
    Last edited by Ay sini; 09-05-14 at 10:10 AM. Reason: forgot to add a statement.
    09-05-14 10:03 AM
    It's always fun to battle apple fan boys everywhere.
    They're a cancer that must be eradicated or at least trolled every now and then.
    I know I do on my free time at school and work. Just trolled my foreman because he uses an iphone.
    Told him it looked waaaay to feminine for him.
    Hope he didn't take it seriously because everyone that does immediately loses the game.

Posted via my STA100-5 z30
    09-05-14 10:04 AM
    If you get pushed to the edge by some ***** troll on some stupid website, I'd suggest you spend more time working on social skills and less time on stupid websites.
    Funny enough my job at Rogers at office of the president involves dealing with social media...Facebook...twitter...responding to customers and so on...and I deal with them all day back and forth. My social skills are perfect in person...over the phone and on social media. Get kudos from customers all the time so i dont know what you mean by working on social skills.....you don't know me and I am coolest friendliest guy on the planet .
    09-05-14 10:05 AM
    They're a cancer that must be eradicated or at least trolled every now and then.
    I know I do on my free time at school and work. Just trolled my foreman because he uses an iphone.
    Hope he didn't take it seriously because everyone that does immediately loses the game.

Exactly and while I am at work I do the same because I think its fun .
    09-05-14 10:07 AM
    Thanks for the advise.....

Posted via CB10
    09-05-14 10:40 AM
    Funny enough my job at Rogers at office of the president involves dealing with social media...Facebook...twitter...responding to customers and so on...and I deal with them all day back and forth. My social skills are perfect in person...over the phone and on social media. Get kudos from customers all the time so i dont know what you mean by working on social skills.....you don't know me and I am coolest friendliest guy on the planet .
    I really don't care. Good luck to you in all you do.

It's a stupid post on CNN Money. One of, if not THE worst financial sites on the net. Is it really that important to you that you bring it here to get people to back you up?
    09-05-14 08:33 PM

LOL.
    pantlesspenguin likes this.
    09-05-14 08:48 PM

...wow.
    JeepBB likes this.
    09-05-14 09:35 PM

Posted via CB10
    I've had these kinds of arguments. I try not to get too wrapped up in them. At the end of the day, no matter who's right or wrong or if there even is such a thing, I try not to get too wrapped up in it.

They argue BlackBerry is going down, I argue the opposite. What's frustrating is that at the end of the day is that if you're happy with your BlackBerry, you're not risking anything by continuing to use it.

The viewpoint a lot of people have that it must be abandoned because it's possibly going to one day disappear is quite simply stupid. What exactly do you gain by leaving early? It's just a phone. It's like they compare it to getting off the Titanic before it left dock or something. If it goes out of business, your handset doesn't explode and kill you, you have time to figure the next step out.

I'm tired of that argument. Had it several times with a former coworker.

Posted via CB10
    gfondeur likes this.
    09-05-14 11:37 PM
    Well, I give you a pat on the back OP and can say that if I saw that comments battle on CNN it would brighten up my day! And yes I agree with your points.

From my z30
    09-06-14 08:10 AM
    Yup I know just have to sit back and enjoy the rollercoaster ride . It's just people aggrevate me with their stupid response like these negative comments have been going for years....they act like BlackBerry is billions in debt or something and have zero clients in enterprise and consumer market...people like that are sad....the mobile world things go up and down for everybody.....
    Sometimes a site like that are fill with trolls. However, there are also regular readers with open mind seek an alternative opinions to explore other options available in the market. I always read opinions before buying any products. Those with the sane and logical arguments gets my attention and help me make my purchase decision. I might not necessarily buy base on one or two comments. Rather I pick out what was the main issue of my concern that help me decide within the argument. Trolls are like billboard signs. You learn to skip them and get to the valid comments.

Posted via CB10
    gebco likes this.
    09-06-14 08:35 AM
    Wow - a BlackBerry supporter in a senior position at Rogers! How many of you are there? And does Nadir use a BlackBerry?

Posted via CB10
    09-07-14 08:42 AM
    Wow - a BlackBerry supporter in a senior position at Rogers! How many of you are there? And does Nadir use a BlackBerry?

Posted via CB10
    Nadir ?
    He was booted around April after the 2nd quarter results showed flat growth and loss of customers
    It's currently CEO Guy Lawrence with Rogers 3.0

Posted via CrackBerry App
    09-07-14 12:02 PM
    Nadir ?
    He was booted around April after the 2nd quarter results showed flat growth and loss of customers
    It's currently CEO Guy Lawrence with Rogers 3.0

Posted via CrackBerry App
    I stand corrected. I don't follow the news at Rogers since I switched to Telus back in 2011. But I can't disregard Rogers' influence on the wireless industry in Canada.

Posted via CB10
    09-07-14 03:48 PM
    Just went through the whole lot, yeah, most Apple "supporters" or "Meh, BlackBerry..." sayers are badly informed of haven't used a BlackBerry for a while.

2009? Or earlier? I might as well say iPhone is useless, because I'm still using a 1st gen without proper copy-n-paste....

Nothing new. :-)

? BlackBerry? I premdict the future's gonna be chenomenal! ?
    09-07-14 06:09 PM