I have had my BB Curve 8530 for a little over a year now and have never had a problem. When back up assistant became available I downloaded it and it worked fine. Then all of a sudden one day it stopped working. It would do about 25 contacts and stop. Today my phone wouldn't delete anything so I rebooted and then I got an error code 370 which required me to wipe the phone. So, long story short, I lost the contacts. I have them backed up in Outlook and to a .csv file. My problem now is that when I try to sync my phone with the DM it won't work. I was using DM 5.0.1, then I downloaded 6.0. I tried using 6.0 and using Outlook and the other method with the .csv file, and I uninstalled 6.0 and reinstalled the older version and tried doing it that way too. NO LUCK! The phone simply will not sync. I get an error code on 6.0 and on 5.0.1 I hit sync and the screen flashes for an instant and says processing and then goes away. It seems to me this is a phone problem but seeing as how I already reinstalled the OS once and had all this trouble I was afraid to try again. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
    02-26-11 11:56 PM
    best suggestion I've got (not being a tech support rep myself) is to CALL YOUR CARRIER for support!
    02-27-11 10:36 AM
    You might have to run a cleaner on your computer. Sometimes registry files are left on there when you install and reinstall the same program. So you might have to uninstall DM, clean the computer registry and reinstall it. Try this one. PC Cleaner - Clean Your Windows PC in Minutes! -PC HelpSoft
    02-27-11 10:42 AM
    Thank you Dave1812 and Middbrew. I already called tech support. Worthless! I have a registry cleaner too. No luck so far. I think I have a faulty phone.
    02-28-11 11:05 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD