i just cant wait to see a full native android OS on Blackberry classic. Its like a dream come true finally. I have been waiting for this from years but thank god it finally got into Mr. Chens head that android is the way to go if there is any hope left. They posted several leaks of Android OS on the new BB passport silver edition and No its not a launcher.
    08-07-15 11:13 PM
    i just cant wait to see a full native android OS on Blackberry classic. Its like a dream come true finally. I have been waiting for this from years but thank god it finally got into Mr. Chens head that android is the way to go if there is any hope left. They posted several leaks of Android OS on the new BB passport silver edition and No its not a launcher.
    If something is stated like it's a fact, then it should be backed up by reliable sources.

I'd personally like to believe it, but I still have my doubts about it.
    08-08-15 02:54 AM
    Android is the way to go???

Look at Motorola and HTC.

No one but Samsung makes any money by making Android phones.

Consumers have shown that they don't care about BlackBerry and what it offers (security), so why would they trade in an S6 Edge for a BlackBerry slider? Or an iPhone for a Classic running Android?

Sure, Android would be a nice option for some, but then there are those like me that think Android is a big ugly mess of an OS.
    08-08-15 03:43 AM
    The world is coming to end. Wish it was square so I could jump off!

Blackberry Passport running 10.3.2.2339
    08-08-15 03:57 AM
    LoL at guys thinking spyware is the way to go..
    08-08-15 05:09 AM
    If one was officially released today, I would be the first in line to buy one. Then I could run my clients apps that require Google play services.

I would really like to have the slider which is supposedly an all touch with a slide out keyboard, but I would also take a passport with the new Android based OS.
    08-08-15 05:52 AM
    If one was officially released today, I would be the first in line to buy one. Then I could run my clients apps that require Google play services.

I would really like to have the slider which is supposedly an all touch with a slide out keyboard, but I would also take a passport with the new Android based OS.
    Agree. I will buy one too (Slider). I will also be willing to buy one if it is offered on a Passport, Classic, Z30, or even the Q10. But, I don't think I will buy one if it's only offered on the Leap!
    08-08-15 07:03 AM
    Either way I think It's the death knell for BlackBerry as a hand set maker for two reasons

1: who's willing to buy a BlackBerry 10 phone with all these persistent rumors of its demise

2: if it does happen I'd see a small spike in sales and then BlackBerry would take its place in the Android pecking order somewhere down below the more established manufacturers.

Doesn't make me happy to forecast this and I'm hopefully wrong ( likely as I always get tech stuff wrong). Time will tell.

Posted via CB10
    08-08-15 07:38 AM
    Why do people think that there are tons of other people out there waiting for a PKB Android by BlackBerry? Does everyone think that if/when BlackBerry switches that they will market, that they will commit to hardware, or that they will suddenly give a flying F about the end users? Android won't cure a single BlackBerry corporate issue, or public perception issue. It's a stall tactic to try to get this software business pipe dream off the ground.

Posted via Z30
    08-08-15 08:50 AM
    Why do people think that there are tons of other people out there waiting for a PKB Android by BlackBerry? Does everyone think that if/when BlackBerry switches that they will market, that they will commit to hardware, or that they will suddenly give a flying F about the end users? Android won't cure a single BlackBerry corporate issue, or public perception issue. It's a stall tactic to try to get this software business pipe dream off the ground.

Posted via Z30
    Agree.

I can't see legions of people or even just enough to make a difference in sales, lined up for a BlackBerry Android. This has got to be a very tiny niche.

If I wanted to buy an Android, I'd buy one with a good camera (not coming from BlackBerry anytime soon) and a full uncrippled Android experience.

Posted via CB10
    08-08-15 09:58 AM
    Look at it this way, it's taken blackberry all these years of development to come up with a decent FB app, even then I have to switch to mobile site when someone replies to my comment. I can't see them pulling a completely new OS out of a hat like that. They have also been slimming their staff down considerably in the mobile division. Another way to look at it is that erratic business moves doesn't look good for their investors.

In my humble opinion, I'd say that the pictures/videos that have recently popped up are edited or some clever hacker has managed to root a Passport. If its the latter, I think blackberry would become very sheepish about the entire thing lol.

Q10 - 10.3.2.2339/SR .2226  < α∂∂ι�т > 
    08-08-15 11:38 AM