Do not approach a suspect without Police. Police often don't care about this type of crime but maybe we need to get a better way to help them pay attention. Your phone is not worth dying over! (as much as I love my Z30..)

https://ca.news.yahoo.com/london-cellphone-shooting-jeremy-cooks-120228159.html
    Prem WatsApp likes this.
    06-16-15 10:26 AM
    Did he dieded?

Posted via CB10
    06-16-15 10:31 AM
    Did he dieded?

Posted via CB10
    Yes he died, the police are on a manhunt for his killers.
    06-16-15 10:34 AM
    So sad. My condolences to his friends and family.
    06-16-15 10:36 AM
    It's funny I posted a thread back telling a someone on here that it was risky to confront a thief and I got flamed for it. Many members here even support the confrontation. Dying over a phone is not worth it imo.

Here's the thread....http://forums.crackberry.com/general.../#post11678240
    06-16-15 10:47 AM
    It's funny I posted a thread back telling a someone on here that it was risky to confront a thief and I got flamed for it. Many members here even support the confrontation. Dying over a phone is not worth it imo.

Using the tragic death of a person you didn't even know, to vindicate yourself...
    Sad.
    And you did not even display the need to post your condolences...
    Sad again.

It's tragic when someone gets killed because of a worthless phone. I hope his family will be able to cope with the loss sooner than later.
    06-16-15 12:15 PM
    Sad.

Posted via CB10
    06-16-15 12:19 PM
    The story is not about you, it's about what not to do as it might result in a newspaper article about your death.
    thymaster likes this.
    06-16-15 12:28 PM
    Using the tragic death of a person you didn't even know, to vindicate yourself...
    Sad.
    And you did not even display the need to post your condolences...
    Sad again.

It's tragic when someone gets killed because of a worthless phone. I hope his family will be able to cope with the loss sooner than later.
    Isn't this exactly what every 'seat-belt', 'don't text and drive', 'don't drink and drive', 'stop smoking', 'stop drinking', campaign does? The death of a person as a consequence of an action or inaction is the ultimate teaching example for any organism.

Sure, the death of anything is unfortunate, but to connect it to a cause in order to attempt to prevent further such deaths is probably the only way to turn a tragic situation into something positive.

Posted via CB10
    06-16-15 12:35 PM
    Dam. That's just tragic.
    06-16-15 12:37 PM
    It's really difficult to make a statement at all. Need to weigh the situation. Sad someone got shot for a phone, and then they even abandoned it... :-(
    (we can only pray for these sinners to repent!)

Down here in Australia, police actually do worry about a stolen phone. At least in this city. A neighbor asked me to help me with "a" / "their" phone they got given, and why it wouldn't work.

To help out, I put one of my own SIMs in there. No go. Looked up the IMEI, said "blocked by Telstra". So I let the person know that this phone had apparently been reported lost or stolen, and if they wanted to use it, they'd have to get in touch with the previous rightful owner (I assumed it was a hand-me-down or give-away), have them unblock it with Telstra and arrange for transfer of ownership, if that had been the original plan...

Couple of weeks later I get a call from the police asking why my SIM had been used in a stolen phone. I explained the situation to them (as a witness). They said there were no charges against me, investigation or anything.
    Long story short, neighbor got in trouble for possession of stolen goods, got fined and warned, no idea why my neighbor's "friend" (or relo?) was giving it to them to use in the first place. Sometimes people do very unreasonable things. Whatever, haha...

So, what I'm trying to say, here they do and will investigate phone theft.

:-D

(edit: grammar-nazied my own post above a little)

  Pastaporto aglio e olio... Mmmhhh!  
    Last edited by Prem WatsApp; 06-16-15 at 04:39 PM.
    hoser7 likes this.
    06-16-15 04:22 PM

Hey there, thymaster. I know exactly what mindset and angle you're posting this from, and I really love "funny" things (where no one gets hurt!),
    but some might be a bit sensitive towards the use of the word in this context, ... :-)

Let's assume you just missed that sensitivity part, let you off the hook and move on. These things happen, and are forgivable... :-D

Yes, your well-intended warning either hadn't been read or heeded by poor Jeremy... :'(

06-16-15 04:32 PM
    I told my kid not to go without the police there with him.
    06-16-15 05:27 PM
    You know Jeremy?

Posted via CB10
    06-16-15 06:28 PM
    Are you the daddy from the other story that was posted on CB and mentioned further above already...?

http://forums.crackberry.com/general.../#post11678240

:-D

06-17-15 12:25 AM
    Maybe some good can come of this senseless tragedy..

Police urge caution when tracking missing phones after teen fatally shot #CTVNews
    http://www.ctvnews.ca/canada/police-...shot-1.2424450

In a follow up story the police are quoted as saying this:

Const. Ken Steeves urged anyone tracking a missing cellphone to tread carefully when entering potentially dangerous situations.

"The app is not what makes the scenario dangerous -- it is the human beings or the people you interact with," Steeves told CTV News Channel

"So, our advice is if there is any indication of violence, or of potential violence, just give us a call and we'll attend," he added.

So bottom line, if you feel that there is the possibility of violence let the police know and they will come. Those are likely the magic words to get them to come.

That poor young man's friends and family must be absolutely crushed by these events. So very, very, sad.

Posted via CB10
    06-17-15 03:12 AM
    So sad and so young Dead over a freekin cell phone .Rest in peace Jeremy .
    06-17-15 05:47 AM
    It's such a sad day when person will take a life of another for a cell phone, RIP

Posted via CB10
    06-17-15 01:24 PM