That my friend won't happen. The BBID logs you into only one device. 4 is definitely impossible

Posted via CB10
    its not impossible at all. google does it just fine with hangouts. If BB cant do it its another failure on their part IMO
    raysgrumpy likes this.
    08-03-13 05:13 PM
    True. But BBRY is finally making the attempt. I don't know that I'd give a 2nd thought to Symbian since it's all but abandoned. But I'd speculate that lack of WP support has a deeper underlying issue that doesn't include lack of effort on the part of BBRY

Not to mention, IMHO, cross platform should encompass not just smartphone/mobile platforms, but also desktop platforms as well.

SwiftKeyed via my GS4.
    youd actually be supprised, a lot of people still have Symbian phones, a good friend still sewars by his nokia N9, and its actually very good. I guess my point though Is people have this thought that BBM will kill whatsapp and Skype, yet Skype has the desktop element like you said, and whatsapp is on pretty much every mobile platform im aware of.

I guess BBM cross platform is like google being open lol. openy works, not sure how id call it for BBM tho haha
    08-03-13 05:18 PM
    Attachment 188526PLEA TO BLACKBERRY! As BBM nears cross platform realization, i with the help of blackberry owners plea to blackberry to make our pins unique from what the guys from android and iPhone will be getting. I know of pins starting with 2 and 3. Using a new set of pins for these new devices will not only at least save some pride for BlackBerry owners but also act as an easy way to break down the stats on which devices are running the BBM app. Maybe 8 and 9 will do. Save us some pride Atleast. Please.

Posted via CB10
    BBM is just a messaging system who cares what device is behind it...
    08-03-13 05:18 PM
    N9 doesn't run Symbian. But I would love to see a client for it.

I actually doubt it, but if there was an open API for the BBM chat protocol, then developers could add it to Linux, Linux based phones like the N9, Sailfish, etc

Or worst case scenario, they will reverse engineer the protocol in the android or iOS version of the app.

So if you run Linux with Pidgin, or a Linux based phone, you're more likely to get it than WP or Windows Desktop.

Posted from the Shield Helicarrier
    08-03-13 06:49 PM
    youd actually be supprised, a lot of people still have Symbian phones, a good friend still sewars by his nokia N9, and its actually very good. I guess my point though Is people have this thought that BBM will kill whatsapp and Skype, yet Skype has the desktop element like you said, and whatsapp is on pretty much every mobile platform im aware of.

I guess BBM cross platform is like google being open lol. openy works, not sure how id call it for BBM tho haha
    Mark it somewhere. Whatsapp will be dead when BBM goes cross platform. The UI is way better than whatsapp. Most people just accommodate whatsapp, they don't really like it.

Posted via CB10
    08-03-13 09:11 PM
    Mark it somewhere. Whatsapp will be dead when BBM goes cross platform. The UI is way better than whatsapp. Most people just accommodate whatsapp, they don't really like it.

Posted via CB10
    you miss the entire point, whatsapp wont be dead as BBM will only cover two platfoms. if a iphone user has whatsapp to communicate to their android, BlackBerry and WP friends then they will still need whatsapp to accomplish this task.

Anyways, if you think that im wrong, then kindly explain what BBM on iOS and Android will offer as a USP over whatsapp, when we know confirmed that the release version (which is what users will see in the media being reviewed) will only support text chat and text group chat. both of these functions exist on whatsapp and other IM platforms, so `the UI is better` isn't a USP that's gonna move subscribers.
    08-03-13 09:15 PM
    Perhaps Android users should have a large letter 'A' superimposed on their profile pictures. Make it a bright color, like scarlet, to make sure everyone notices.
    Tre Lawrence, howarmat and bp3dots like this.
    08-03-13 09:19 PM
    yes because if its a iOS or Android PIN its not a real pin, its fake! lol
    not real in the sense that the pins are not baked in to the OS of the phone sure. in witch case the carbon copy looks and feels the same but is indeed fake, because it is not the original.

I just think the OP is having an identity crisis
    08-03-13 09:34 PM
    I had assumed it would use a BlackBerry ID system rather than a pin. If I have to start Jumping through PIN hoops again I won't even bother with BBM. I use too many different devices to mess with that kludge again! If device swapping and synchronization is not seamless then BlackBerry will have failed from my perspective.
    08-04-13 08:48 AM
    Attachment 188526PLEA TO BLACKBERRY! As BBM nears cross platform realization, i with the help of blackberry owners plea to blackberry to make our pins unique from what the guys from android and iPhone will be getting. I know of pins starting with 2 and 3. Using a new set of pins for these new devices will not only at least save some pride for BlackBerry owners but also act as an easy way to break down the stats on which devices are running the BBM app. Maybe 8 and 9 will do. Save us some pride Atleast. Please.

Posted via CB10
    This is childish.

Posted via Pilot's Q10
    08-04-13 09:43 AM
    Think ur a bit of a plantpot to be honest? Blackberry is almost bust, they are splitting up the company and bbm (the ONLY thing they have going for them) is being made cross platform as a different company. The rest of rim is going down the pan, they just sacked 4500 employees worldwide. Too late now its going and no more blackberrys will be made ever again. They have just brought out the last ever handset.
    09-21-13 03:34 PM
    OP,
    What would that accomplish? How does it matter if someone is using a BlackBerry or another device to access BBM? This walled garden approach is not good for the consumers.

Posted via CB10
    09-21-13 03:39 PM
62 123