I decided to try out the leaked OS 5.0 for my pearl flip. It was awkward and I decided to wait until the official release and downgrade back to 4.6.1. I have followed the directions in this thread ( http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/prop...ocedure-53359/ ) over and over but every time I hit "wipe device" on CrackMem I get told that I don't have the OS that matches the one on my device installed on my computer. This is because in one of the earlier steps I was told to uninstall it.

Can someone please tell me what I'm doing wrong? I'm decently tech-savy when it comes to figuring these things out, but I honestly don't know what's wrong. Do I need to have 5.0 still installed to wipe my phone?

Thanks for your help.
    11-25-09 07:12 PM
    Frankly, between you and me.. don't sweat the wipe. Again, between us, the install process includes a wipe anyone, so, while I do wipe every 4-5 installs, I don't do it each time since it's sorta duplicative. I hope that helps.
    11-25-09 07:15 PM
    I've never wiped before either. The only reason I was going to this time was because I was downgrading. This is the first time I've downgraded before. If you are sure that it won't make a huge difference then I won't worry about it! (At them same time, not being able to figure it out make me want to try it! Just so I know how. haha.)
    11-25-09 07:18 PM
    I know what you mean But yea, loader will wipe the phone before putting the new app on in any event.
    11-25-09 07:25 PM
    I've never wiped before either. The only reason I was going to this time was because I was downgrading. This is the first time I've downgraded before. If you are sure that it won't make a huge difference then I won't worry about it! (At them same time, not being able to figure it out make me want to try it! Just so I know how. haha.)
    Just remove the device software installation on your pc and download the version you want to regress to, then connect your device, close the DM if it opens and navigate to C:\program files\common files\research in motion\apploader delete the "vendor.xml" file and in the same folder locate and double-click the "loader" icon, it will open the loader wizard and step you through the load process including a full device wipe, so don't sweat the downgrade

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-25-09 09:36 PM
    Ok, I went ahead with the downgrade and it did not go well. Its missing things and it won't let me get SMS messages. The icon shows up, but it looks funny and they aren't in my inbox.

Can someone please explain the steps to wipe an OS using crackmem?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-26-09 12:24 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD